What do you do for work?

Dirty_habiT

I had to know all of the fruits, vegetables, and garden plants. What they, were used for, how to use them, whent hey were in season, the whole nine yards. It sucked. Yes. And now I am stuck with an unusual knowledge of these things that you would absolutely never expect.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you rent the place, it is the landlords responsablilty. They can actually get sued for leaving a porch in bad condtions. It depends on the size of the porch, and if it is part of the foundation. I am rebuilding them for the condo I work for. but simple addition are over $600 dollars. a rebuilt porch can be as high as $3000 with labor and supplies. I get paid through the company I work for, so I make a fraction of what a privately ran business makes.

grrr....

I bust my ass only to have on asshole client get me in shit with the company.

These clients are seriously a major fucking joke and this one guy thinks

I'm a prick.

Why? because his own company is too fucked to properly deal with their

service providers and it's really easy to blame some guy you never even met.

fucker.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

if you rent the place, it is the landlords responsablilty. They can actually get sued for leaving a porch in bad condtions. It depends on the size of the porch, and if it is part of the foundation. I am rebuilding them for the condo I work for. but simple addition are over $600 dollars. a rebuilt porch can be as high as $3000 with labor and supplies. I get paid through the company I work for, so I make a fraction of what a privately ran business makes.

i am the landlord and i wanna fix the porch for my new tennants. the porch is 19' wide and about 4 feet deep with a roof, 3K is not bad at all, most estimates up here are a lot more!!!!

wanna go on a paid trip?

Originally posted by kido

I had to know all of the fruits, vegetables, and garden plants. What they, were used for, how to use them, whent hey were in season, the whole nine yards. It sucked. Yes. And now I am stuck with an unusual knowledge of these things that you would absolutely never expect.

yeah i know the feeling...but at least when people ask me what conditions geraniums need to grow in i could answer them...cuz you know so many people ask me that

Originally posted by ubejinxed

i am the landlord and i wanna fix the porch for my new tennants. the porch is 19' wide and about 4 feet deep with a roof, 3K is not bad at all, most estimates up here are a lot more!!!!

wanna go on a paid trip?

I would be more then down for a paid trip, the only thing is if you want your porch done professional, I would get somebody with more experiance. Id say make sure to get the porch in tip top shape, because the world is sue crazy. If your looking for quick repair, Look around at restoration places, and ask one of the workers, if they want a side job. Most of them would be more then happy to make some extra money. If the porch isn't totally in terrible shape, restoration should not cost that much. I would also suggest, if you know somebody that is handy, look up on the internet how to build a standard porch. If they know how to dig, nailing together pieces of wood, and how to use a level, then it shouldn't be so bad. just replace pieces that are taken of with more support.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I'm getting close to redoing my porch as well....only I'm doing the work myself. ube...didn't you redo the inside of your place? a porch isn't going to be that difficult...do it yourself and save the dollahs.

exactly, carpenters & labors will usually overcharge for supplies and labor. it really is not that hard to do, the only real difficult part is if the porch has cement support beams, on older porches you may need to add a few. other then that, it really is just makeing sure the floor boards are supported, add nails if needed, nail guns are cheap, and alot of fun. also make sure the framing around the porch is not rotten, if it is take the wood of with a crowbar and replace it with new wood. all you really need is the right sized wood, nails, nail gun, a level, a crow bar, support brackets, but just follow the guide lines of the older porch. if you are worried about codes and laws, hire artitect to draw up plans, and have him tell you what you need. it is alot cheaper.

I work at a styrofoam factory..

all i gotta say about that is ... it makes me sad at how many markal paint sticks i go through a day marking block of strofoam instead of a using it on a mission. and i think i have a permanent stain on my leg from spilling hot marsh ink on myself

welder.all i do is stare at a very hot moving bright light all day.the light is bright enough to burn your skin if it is exposed.its a hot job but it pays extremely well.if you dont mind getting burned by various things.

Originally posted by dowmagik

"secure server" and "army" in the same sentance? thats funny.

anyways, i work for a market research company. im that asshole that calls you while youre trying to eat dinner.

you might be surprised.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

exactly, carpenters & labors will usually overcharge for supplies and labor. it really is not that hard to do, the only real difficult part is if the porch has cement support beams, on older porches you may need to add a few. other then that, it really is just makeing sure the floor boards are supported, .................. it is alot cheaper.

I'd like to do it myself, but i don't have the time. i could only get to it one day out of the week, and i don't want my tennants to be front steps and porchless for months. plus i am in no way qualified to do this. :) i only helped with the minor stuff in my house like spackling the sheetrock, painting, insulation, holding wood, only hammering nails at easy angles, and being the general fetch bitch.

the whole thing need to be re-done, it's so old it has wooden gutters, all the boards are warped with numerous coats of paint, the roof is saggy and support are rotting.

i want my carpenter back :(

Archived