i love marines (pic included)

Bloc131

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by nick5542

wow i really hope that guy catches a bullet to the dome. that shit is fucked up.

So, he got a tat you disagree with and you want him to be killed... and HE'S the 'fucked up' one...

And all the rest of you who seem unable to seperate who a man is from what he does for a living should probably shut the fuck up before I staple a flag to your ass and mail you to Iraq!

ive met some cool navy guys, some reallly nice marines as well, some dumb fucks too. who cares its just a tattoo.

the funniest marine experiance i had was watching an english footy team beat up a whole platoon or group or whatever they are. then proceed to beat up two cops and run away yelling a soccer chant.

and on a brighter note....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3159019.stm

Cameraman shot dead in Iraq

The Pentagon has confirmed that US troops have shot and killed a cameraman working for Reuters news agency in Iraq.

The shooting happened at Abu Ghraib prison, west of Baghdad, where six Iraqis were killed in a mortar attack late on Saturday.

The US military said that soldiers had mistaken Mazen Dana's camera for a rocket propelled grenade launcher.

The 43-year-old Palestinian was described by Reuters as one of its finest cameramen.

His death brings to 19 the number of journalists and their assistants who have died in Iraq or have gone missing since the conflict began.

Two shots

The incident took place in daylight on Sunday afternoon.

Mazen Dana's last pictures show a US tank driving towards him outside the prison walls.

Several shots ring out from the tank and the camera falls to the ground.

His sound engineer, Nael al-Shyoukhi, said that the pair had spoken to a US soldier near the prison shortly before the shooting.

"They saw us and they knew about our identities and our mission," he said.

Two shot were fired from a US tank.

Mr al-Shyoukhi said that the cameraman was hit in the chest. He was taken to a US military hospital but pronounced dead on arrival.

Identity

Pentagon spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Ken McClellan said that it "was not apparent in the beginning that it was a reporter".

"Obviously this coalition is not in the business of targeting reporters ... if he was shot there was something mistaking his identity," said the spokesman.

Reuters Chief Executive Tom Glocer said he hoped there would be "the fullest and most comprehensive investigation into this terrible tragedy".

Dana was married with four children, and won an International Press Freedom Award in 2001 from the Committee to Protect Journalists for his work in the West Bank town of Hebron.

He is the second Reuters cameraman to be killed since US-led troops invaded Iraq.

good job guys.

Originally posted by Smart

So, he got a tat you disagree with and you want him to be killed... and HE'S the 'fucked up' one...

And all the rest of you who seem unable to seperate who a man is from what he does for a living should probably shut the fuck up before I staple a flag to your ass and mail you to Iraq!

YES, IF I DIDNT LIKE YOU AND I GOT A TATTOO THAT SAID "FUCK AMERICA, KILL EM ALL" I WOULD EXPECT TO BE HATED TO.

arguing for the sake of arguin man.

Mixture of Fake and Real

I think these guys might actually be young Marines (at least they got Marine haircuts and tan lines) but some of the tats look fake. It looks more like some guys who actually had a few tats who started fucking around in the barracks with Magic Markers or something. The guy with the skull and crossbones--nah. That is some kind of permenant marker or something, and the level of artistic ability is busted.

The "Fuck Iraq--Kill 'Em All" looks pretty real, but the sleeved right arm? No way. And he'd get Office Hours for tattooing his arm and hand where it can be seen when he's wearing a short-sleeved Bravo uniform shirt. I knew a guy in The Corps that got reduction in pay for one month and restricted to the barracks for fourteen days for falling asleep at the beach and getting a bad sunburn. He was charged with "destruction of Government property."

Marines consider themselves to be the 1%er bikers of the U.S. armed forces. When you want to unleash hell on the enemy, you send the Marines. They even joke about U.S.M.C. standing for "Uncle Sam's Motorcycle Club," or "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children." Their mission is to kill the enemy, bigtime, but in a disciplined, controlled way. They do not usually shoot civilians on purpose, but in a combat zone, sometimes mistakes are made. People get hit by accident, they get hit by ricochets, they get hit by shrapnel a long distance from the target. Sometimes soldiers get killed or wounded by their own people, by accident. Shit happens. The Marine that shot this photographer may be court-martialled. I wouldn't be surprised.

As far as Marines being like Nazis, I don't think so. Most of them like to party too much for that to be true. And the Nazis would never have tolerated all those tats, for certain. If they get orders to go after the enemy, they will definately do it with enthusiasm, but individual Marines are like individuals anywhere else. Some are good, some are hard-hearted, some are weak-ass whiners who try to avoid anything unpleasant, some are highly intelligent and professional. The Marine Corps is just a reflection of American society in general, and contains most of the same elements, good and bad, that make America unique.

Originally posted by willy.wonka

they kinda resemble what i would think of a nazi....but worse.

you really need to think about what you say before you say it...

nazi's never shaved their heads, they were trimorganizedefficient soldiers who didn't cover themselves in tattoo's

they really look like american grunts... and not nazi's... you retard

Johnny Horton

These days the Marine Corps is swamped in recruits. They are having absolutely no problem whatsoever getting people to enlist. In fact, if you are female and trying to enlist, you may have to wait six or eight months, or more.

These days, you must have a high-school diploma, and I hear that in some cases, they are sending guys who graduated with poor grades to go on to junior college before they will take them. The modern Marine Corps is not just a bunch of trigger-pullers and grunts. They are usually pretty intelligent, especially the NCO's and officers.

I got out in 1980, and I was in the Marine Reserves for a year, and the Washington National Guard for a year. Before I enlisted I was in the Army ROTC at my college for a year. I was the only ROTC cadet with a beard in my company. The Professor of Military Science told me if I stayed more than two years I'd have to shave and declare that I'd join and serve six years as an Army officer. They would pay my college costs. I thought about it, but I didn't want to be in the Army, and my first marriage was in the shitter. So I quit college and enlisted in the Marines.

The Marines will turn down people who have "obscene" tattoos, or any tats on the hands or arms that would contrast with or distract from military bearing. A lot of draft dodgers back during the '60s got tats on the outside of their right hands (the little finger edge) that said "Fuck the Army," or "Fuck All Officers," so if they saluted it would be like an insult to the Army.

These days, the armed forced can require you to get tattoos removed before they accept you. I know a high-school dropout who straightened up, and tried to join the Marines. They made him get tats removed and to get 16 community college credits before they'd take him. He's a helicopter crewman in Hawaii, goes surfing every day, and loves the Marine Corps like his dear old Mom. Three hots and a cot, free medical care, free schooling, two paychecks a month and Thirty Days Leave EVERY YEAR starting from the very first year you are in.

It ain't a job. It's a fucking gravy train vacation.

I served with four Canadians in 2/1

We had a bunch of foreign-born Marines in my Battalion. There were at least four Canadians. One, in my company was an Indian or native Canadian or whatever the hell is the proper term. He came from northern Canada in Northwest Territories, and the guys used to yank his chain about being an Eskimo, but he took it pretty good-naturedly. He used to say "You stupid white boys can't even tell the difference between an Indian and an Aleut. Do I look like a fucking seal-eater to you? " He was a great guy, but he drank too much, and kept getting busted down. I don't think he ever made it past Lance Corporal. He told me he intended to stay in the Marine Corps twenty years, and then go back to N.W.T. and open a whorehouse.

Archived