Now HERE'S a bright note "A Better Life, But Not in the U.S."

KaBar2

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Re: Sect One

Originally posted by KaBar2

My opinion is that we should not allow people to come to the U.S. to start with, unless they are loyal to the U.S. and intend tp embrace our culture and contribute to our way of life.

As far as I'm concerned, the US has forever been a nation of immigrants, and our culture is simply the result of the combination of the cultures and hopes of said immigrants.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BROWNer

of the total lack of peripheral considerations

within' almost all the arguments here,

it's curious that there is squat to mention of the

atrocities against the aboriginal population.

maybe it doesn't matter. just like the periphery.

Guest chicken bone
Originally posted by BROWNer

this thread is incredible.

Browner! Where you been at homie? My orientation starts tomorrow :)

Gettin busy gettin loose! I'll update you on how the course goes..

Well, thanks, Rodney

I'd always wondered what you thought of my particular world view, and now I can sleep better at night.

You're correct, though, when you indicate that "looking out for ourselves" is what everybody else is doing. All I'm advocating is that all us descendants of immigrants do just that. We all helped create the positive economic environment here, and I see no reason to share it with opportunists who are just out for a fast buck and a quick killing. Let these wonder boys work their magic somewhere else.

Oh, and as far as Native Americans having some special claim---they came across the land bridge from Asia umpteen thousand years ago. So they are immigrants too. I, along with just about everybody alive on this continent, was born here. So I'm as "native" as Native Americans get. My culture is just as wonderful and special and worthy of PBS documentaries as the Souix, the Navaho, the Nez Perce, the Cheyenne or any other group. They don't get any special consideration, although I must concede, they fielded the best light horse calvary in North America for about five hundred years.

Most of the Native Americans I knew very well, I met in the Marines. They make DAMN GOOD MARINES. And they are usually very patriotic. But if they drink very much, they go berserk.

Let it be known

US moves to regain whip hand on crime

By Stephen Robinson in Washington 1995

A MOVEMENT to restore corporal punishment is sweeping America in the wake of the Republican takeover of Congress and the caning last year in Singapore of an American teenage vandal.

Measures to restore caning are up for consideration in the legislatures in California and New York state. In Tennessee, state delegates plan to make the punishment a public spectacle on the court-house steps.

A young American named Michael Fay inadvertently set off the revolution last year when he was caught spray-painting in Singapore. He was sentenced to a fine and six lashes with a cane, reduced to four after President Bill Clinton intervened.

Far from uniting in outrage at Fay's treatment, Americans decided the cane could be deployed at home. "The intent is to create fear in criminals," said Mr Tom Cameron, a leading hanging and flogging Republican member of the Mississippi legislature. "I look at Singapore and you can walk all around the streets. If it works in Singapore, maybe it'll work here."

Governor Kirk Fordice, who told voters he wanted to make Mississippi the "capital of capital punishment", is backing the move.

The trend is strongest in the rural Deep South, where people are affected by crimes previously associated with big cities.

Black office holders are mainly opposed to reviving beatings. Mr John Horn, of the Mississippi Senate, said the campaign was "racist" and harked back to the days of slavery.

Mr Cameron is ready to take the racial sting out of flogging. He has offered his black opponents a compromise - have the caning done by an American Indian.

Civil liberty activists say that caning violates the Constitution, which bans "cruel and unusual punishment". Yet many scholars believe the Supreme Court would rule in favour of the rod, given the concern about crime.

Guest Melburnian

Q: The real question, in my mind, is why in the hell would the government of Australia do something so profoundly STUPID?

A: A guy named Martin Bryant killed a fuck load of people in Tasmania.

Archived