Now HERE'S a bright note "A Better Life, But Not in the U.S."

KaBar2

There seems to be some severe over simplification of both facts and theories coming out of you.

After spending much of Sunday watching the history of the KKK in American you are reminding me of a David Duke type. Mush less unsavory as past KKK leaders; but it’s like a nicer tasting shit.

Appealing to the closet racist in young folks is fairly low and it doesn’t take much to convince the ignorant that you are right. I am not fooled. The world’s borders may be porous but it is not easy to just leave.

Many immigrants and natural born citizens have huge problems with the way America is run. So it is only with dissent and dialogue things change. Its great that you love the US as is but there are MILLIONS of us being born with the same rights as you who are not happy with the status quo.

It would be nice to be able to drink tap water in any country, however much of what nice about traveling is experiencing a different way or take on life. Traveling out side the US expecting US like experiences is stupid and the reason I am thoroughly embarrassed every time I see American tourists loudly pointing out this ‘would happen in America’. Good you fuck good home, stay home and stop complaining. Americans on the most part are some of the most xenophobic folks out there.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coincedentally, the people who oppose the facts all have 1000's of posts. There's a possibility that some of you do not have jobs, pay taxes, or leave the house long enough to experience what's outside. Therefore, your speaking on hearsay, and not fact. Your lack of first-hand knowledge on this topic shows through your not so clever responses, and your comments towards me as a person.

Regarding Bush's election, my point is proven. Had a mere few thousand young people, just like you and I, simply made the trip out to vote, Gore might have become president.

I'm speaking the truth, so if you'd like to deny the truth, that's your perogative and 1st amendment right (If you live in the States). However, you are just falling deeper and deeper into the dream world that you already are trapped in. Read my words carefully, and if need be, again. You will understand.

Originally posted by MURDER INC.

Coincedentally...

Uh, you can't use coincedence as the basis for a logical argument, espescially one based on the syllagistic form...

but, whatever... Taxes...

The ONLY taxes that count for anything in America, as far as clout is concerned, are property taxes... and I pay mine.

Guest imported_Europe

Re: Re: Re: Now HERE'S a bright note "A Better Life, But Not in the U.S."

Asian woman don't know how to drive, Indian people smell SO BAD

So this is what you say and then claim to "be speaking the truth"???

Crawl back under your rock.

Murder Inc

You would Love Whitechapel in London..Actually Ja and Skuf had their recent Exhibtion there..You`ll find more Indian`s Pakistani`s etc living there than anywherelse outside there land..And they all live in peace.I persoanlly love the different smells..lovely food too..

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Please don't say Canada is a better place to live, because I know someone who lives there, and they like America more.

STRONGEST. ARGUMENT. EVER.

???

There IS some seriously bad tapwater in the U.S. I'm glad someone brought that up cause often I find I'm the only one I know drinking it.

Why does MURDER INC. say we elected Bush? Last time I checked Gore won the popular vote and Bush won the electoral vote. Not only that but the election was OBVIOUSLY rigged.

I would like to go back to Korea but I would not like to disarm. It's like a third arm to me.

I've been to Canada many a time and those people live damn good.

I'm not sure where I belong.

Maybe I'll live on an island.

Coincedentally, the people who oppose the facts all have 1000's of posts. There's a possibility that some of you do not have jobs, pay taxes, or leave the house long enough to experience what's outside.

Most of the people who have thousands of posts have seen alot more than I can imagine you have. How does a post count on a message board mean anything with real life? its almost as good as your "my friend likes this better argument."

well we all know that usa is always will be better than the rest of the world, and that freedom of speech in the states makes up for all the other problems we have in the society....we shouldn't argue that.:lol: :lol:

but kabar....a few questions:

are you white?

do you come from a small town?

have you lived anywhere else?

have you visited overseas?

how many foreign friends do you have?

do you watch a lot of cnn?

>>>spot<<<

If I asked you these same questions^^^, you would be furious, and call me a racist. My race should be immaterial to this discussion, as well as my age, gender, country of origin, sexual orientation, etc., etc. By asking these questions ^^^, what you are saying is if I'm white, middle-aged, from a small town, etc., then my opinions don't count.

You have a right to whatever opinions you see fit to hold. They are valid, for you, whoever and whatever you may be. MY opinions are my own, and they are valid, every bit as valid, for me, as yours are for you.

I do not discount your opinions because you might be a 16-year old bi-racial girl from Philadelphia, or a 25-year-old black cowboy from Brenham, Texas; or a 17-year-old Korean-American skater from Topeka; or a 14-year-old white wigger from Suburbia, U.S.A. Your opinions are valid. You see the world through YOUR eyes, and I see the world through MY eyes.

The difference is I don't use ad hominem attacks on people with whom I disagree, and I don't try to belittle your viewpoint. Perhaps it will change. Mine did. Yours might change too.

Murder Inc wat are you doing?

-"Coincedentally, the people who oppose the facts all have 1000's of posts. There's a possibility that some of you do not have jobs, pay taxes, or leave the house long enough to experience what's outside. Therefore, your speaking on hearsay, and not fact. Your lack of first-hand knowledge on this topic shows through your not so clever responses, and your comments towards me as a person. "

-"Look at things from an outsider's view, don't "stand in the other guys shoes", stand above the whole situation with an unbiased point of view, gather as much information, then come to the conclusion. It's the only way to experience reality. "

-"Regarding the topic at hand, I wouldn't mind if they all move back home. Asian woman don't know how to drive, Indian people smell SO BAD, and every type of immigrant steals work from the American John Doe. They take jobs for lower pay and don't join unions, so they are basically a companies slave. I've seen it with my own 2 eyes. Plus companies want to "diversify" because having an all American work place is "racist" these days, so they hire foreigners with green cards. Such fucking bullshit. "

-"say Canada is a better place to live, because I know someone who lives there, and they like America more"..........VERY INTELLIGENT

-"Don't you ever hear on the news, where the miliatary there just runs people over with tanks? Isn't singapore the place where they executed a mentally retarted person for graffiti? Exactly,"................UMMMMM NO

No offense but these have to be som of the dumbest most ininformed things uve ever said........

Haha Juice man, your wrong. But I'm working on getting the money back from the place,so Ill split you off.

I think Kabar said it best though..

"The difference is I don't use ad hominem attacks on people with whom I disagree, and I don't try to belittle your viewpoint. Perhaps it will change. Mine did. Yours might change too."

kabar aren`t we all opportunists? i mean if i`m from chicago and i want to make films should i just stay in chicago even though ny and la have a better industry, technology etc? the state borders are just map lines really. why cant people go from country to country as they please? i understand what you are saying in terms of legal immigrants vs illegal immigrants undercutting the legal residents but my problem is with the immigrant opportunist remark. people should be able to go from country to country as they please, and leave if the job situation sucks. you seem to make it out to be that they must remain in the US once they come here regardless of the job oppurtunities. being a die hard american doesnt necessarily mean that you must grin and bare it. learning a skill and returning to their native country is probably better for everyone in the long run. the love it or leave it attitude is redundant. isnt that what america was created for. people that left oppression in order to form a place void of it? loving america and wanting it to change is natural. america has faults and so do other places but wanting america to up the par in certain areas is american. if i have a shitty job and a shitty house i complain. once i get a higher paying shitty job and a less shitty house i will most likely complain that i want a better job and a better house. i don`t know if i read correctly but i`m a bit confused about your apparent fondness of america yet you left for canada during the vietnam war? was that love it or leave it as well?

murder inc if what you said is true then perhaps you might get executed if you ever go to singapore.

kabar:well we all have different opinions....of course.but what i was getting at is that a few of us actually have a valid background to compare this topic to.some people base their opinions on ignorance, some on actual experience.i bet if you lived an immigrants life you wouldn't be saying this stuff.try putting yourself in their shoes.that whole"if you don't like it, leave it" phrase is easier said than done.it's also very ignorant on top of it.seriously i recommend everyone out there to spend reasonable time overseas.it's a great experience.it's a big world out there, it doesn't revolve around america.

Originally posted by serum

kabar aren`t we all opportunists? i mean if i`m from chicago and i want to make films should i just stay in chicago even though ny and la have a better industry, technology etc? the state borders are just map lines really. why cant people go from country to country as they please? i understand what you are saying in terms of legal immigrants vs illegal immigrants undercutting the legal residents but my problem is with the immigrant opportunist remark. people should be able to go from country to country as they please, and leave if the job situation sucks. you seem to make it out to be that they must remain in the US once they come here regardless of the job oppurtunities. being a die hard american doesnt necessarily mean that you must grin and bare it. learning a skill and returning to their native country is probably better for everyone in the long run. the love it or leave it attitude is redundant. isnt that what america was created for. people that left oppression in order to form a place void of it? loving america and wanting it to change is natural. america has faults and so do other places but wanting america to up the par in certain areas is american. if i have a shitty job and a shitty house i complain. once i get a higher paying shitty job and a less shitty house i will most likely complain that i want a better job and a better house. i don`t know if i read correctly but i`m a bit confused about your apparent fondness of america yet you left for canada during the vietnam war? was that love it or leave it as well?

murder inc if what you said is true then perhaps you might get executed if you ever go to singapore.

exactly i editeda ll my posts because this is what i had to say...

Re: Now HERE'S a bright note "A Better Life, But Not in the U.S."

quote:Originally posted by KaBar2

Jennifer Beauprez of The Denver Post reports:

"Many foreign nationals no longer consider America as the land of opportunity. Economists, businesspeople and other experts say growing number of immigrants are moving back to their home countries of Pakistan, India, China, Singapore and Vietnam--countries with job and economic growth sometimes double or triple that of the United States."

(And I thought they came here because they wanted to be loyal Americans and enjoy our way of life. Seems like what they really wanted was a high-paying job and lots of money. Darn. We're really going to miss them.)

"I go to China and see people's eyes sparkling," Zhang said. "It's full of life and vitality there. In contrast to the U.S., where we're reaching a plateau, perhaps going down."

"Economists say the exodus could hurt the U.S. economy because America is losing some of the world's smartest and most entrepreneurial people."

"Yet there is a trade-off. said Zhang, the Chinese consultant. The people who spent time in America suffer from what she calls "re-entry shock" when returning home. In China, houses typically are cramped, and houses are bureaucratic, offering little room for advancement or personal initiative, Zhang said. And in India, simple things such as getting phone service, banking or receiving health care can take weeks.

"I think it's a loss for the long run," said Wobbekind, the economist. "Over the centuries, that's what made our country great, having a melting pot of different cultures and talents. We're accidentally exporting some smart people who could easily compete with us."

How can this be a bad thing? We bring these people here so they can learn and develop, and RETURN HOME so they can help improve things THERE. I think we have quite enough Pakistani Ph.D's running convenience stores and Chinese dentists and computer programmers driving taxi's here in the U.S. This idea that it is some kind of shame for them to live THERE and us to live HERE, and for the wretched Third World to bring their living standards up to "civilized" is erroneous. There is powerful economic growth in Asia? Wonderful. India is becoming a technological wellspring? Super. Now when we go there on vacation, we'll at least be able to drink the water in their restaurants.

you thought you brought up something people would praise you for....but instead you look like an ignorant asshole...eat a dick

Originally posted by KaBar2

...more or less, anybody who doesn't like it here is 100% able to leave any time they want to do so.

then why the fuck are you complaining? faggot

if america is such a well off country why does it matter who comes and goes? this country is about diversity and free will....do we hold it against a certain race because they decide to go back to their countries? why do you condemn them for leaving?

Re: Since we live in a good old free country

most of what "you" wrote is irrelevant to the argument... you piece together OTHER people's work to try to defend yourself what a shitty plaigarizer stop using other people's thoughts as your own. at least give credit to whoever wrote it

Guest Dipher
Originally posted by garcia_vega

laustralia is also not run by george bush.

Yeah it is. Our government is on a friggin leash held by Bush and his right wing cronies. Chomsky For President.

Sect One

My complaint about immigrants is in regard to those who come here to work only so long as they are skimming the gravy, and then move on to greener pastures, taking our dollars with them. My opinion is that we should not allow people to come to the U.S. to start with, unless they are loyal to the U.S. and intend tp embrace our culture and contribute to our way of life. Basically, they are takers, not givers. We don't need them, and they should never have been permitted to immigrate in the first place, because they are not coming here with any intention other than to accumulate as much money as possible and then take off. Why should we assist them in that effort? There are plenty of Americans who could do their job. The EMPLOYERS of these people hire them and support their efforts to immigrate because they can pay them less than Americans. I work with a number of Canadian nurses who came here on a green card on a nursing contract. They are generally pretty positive about the U.S., but they are really only here for one reason: money. When 9/11 happened, several of them packed up and went home because they thought the U.S. was too big of a target. To be fair, though, lots of them stayed, too.

In fact, they put up a big poster in our break room on 9/12. It had a big American flag next to a big Canadian Maple Leaf flag and said:

"WE'RE WITH YOU, EH!"

Sort of touching, really.

To answer your accusation that I plagarized somebody else's writing, uh---it says right on the QUOTE who wrote it. There is a big difference between plagarizing it (saying that I wrote ot when in fact I did not) and QUOTING somebody else's article and giving them credit, which I did.

To clarify something, I did not go to Canada to stay during the Vietnam War. I travelled through Canada during the summer of 1969, but once the summer was over, I came back to Texas and reported for work at my alternative service job. I took care of paralyzed men and boys for 24 months. However, I had several friends who did go to Canada to dodge the draft, and a couple who renounced their American citizenship and became Canadian citizens. I wonder if they regret that now? Back then, they were anarchists, and so was I. I changed my opinions. I wonder if they did too?

It's easy to be too impulsive and dogmatic when you're young. I demonized the Government as "fascists" back in the '60s. When Bill Clinton was President, the very people that I supported (the anti-war/ ultra-liberal/ ultra-New Left crowd) were IN POWER IN THE WHITE HOUSE. I hated it. Everything they did pissed me off.

Did you guys know that back in the '60s, Hillary Rodham (Clinton) was a law clerk in the law offices of the law firm that represented the American Communist Party? She did extensive research on the defense of the New Haven 9---nine Black Panthers in New Haven, CT who TORTURED AND MURDERED ONE OF THEIR OWN MEMBERS BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT HE WAS AN INFILTRATOR.

The guy's name was Alex Rackley. He was a very dedicated member of the New Haven chapter of the Black Panther Party.

Warren Kimbro, the Black Panther that shot Rackley in the head to put him out of his agony, eventually got out of prison, got a scholarship to Harvard, and became the dean of East Connecticut State College.

Erika Huggins, the Black Panther woman who boiled the water to be used in Rackley's torture, got out of prison and became a member of a California school board.

By 1977, only eight years after they tortured and murdered Alex Rackley, NONE of the New Haven 9 was in prison any longer.

Hillary Rodham was instrumental in defending these monsters. In 1972 she was interning at the offices of Robert Treuhaft, a lifelong Stalinist who quit the American Communist Party in 1958.

People do stupid things, especially when they are young. Usually, they do these things out of inexperience and naivete'. If I had it to do over again, I would not have admired or supported the Black Panthers, or any other stupid New Left organization or political party. I'm embarrassed that I ever supported any of it. We were wrong. The New Left was bullshit, and so is the "old" Left. As soon as I gained some perspective on it, I changed my behavior. I bet Alex Rackley wishes he had never given the Black Panther Party a second glance. His decision to join eventually cost him his life.

Re: Sect One

Originally posted by KaBar2

It's easy to be too impulsive and dogmatic when you're young. I demonized the Government as "fascists" back in the '60s. When Bill Clinton was President, the very people that I supported (the anti-war/ ultra-liberal/ ultra-New Left crowd) was IN POWER IN THE WHITE HOUSE. I hated it. Everything they did pissed me off.

Did you guys know that back in the '60s, Hillary Rodham (Clinton) was a law clerk in the law offices of the law firm that represented the American Communist Party? She did extensive research on the defense of the New Haven 7---seven Black Panthers in New Haven, CT who TORTURED AND MURDERED ONE OF THEIR OWN MEMBERS BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT HE WAS A NARK. They killed him with a pistol shot to the head after torturing him for a couple of days using boiling water and fire, and beating him. The average sentence was only seven years. Can you imagine?

Well, that clearly proves that all liberals (which Clinton wasn't - he was a centrist) are wrong and bad.

Kabar, you come off as a jingoistic zealot. Contrary to your belief, the World doesn't owe the USA a thing. The USA doesn't get involved in foreign politics for the good of the World, but for their own interests, and they quite often seem to make a mess of it, the latest example being Iraq - World War Three anyone?. So if 'the World' wants to turn up in 'your' Good Ol' USA and make use of it's resources for their own ends, well they're just doing what comes naturally to every single living thing on this planet.

Guest chicken bone

Isn't singapore the place where they executed a mentally retarted person for graffiti?

Hahaha! Just to clear things up, it was an American boy in possession of several pounds of Marijuana. He also scratched up, spray painted, and vandalized several cars (and homes I think).

He was not executed either, he was caned. I remember reading he passed out after the first whip.

I'm beggining to think MURDER INC. is a prankster alias made by someone who frequents this board way too much. If its not then I feel sorry for you MURDER because you truly are an idiot of the highest (or should I say lowest?) order.

:ballcap:

Archived