Big L vs. Tupac

taper

i heard an intresting comapason between big l and tupac the other day and it made me think a bit. they are kinda alike besides the obvious fact that they are both dead. both are noted for theyre lyrics being more than you aveage run of the mill ja rule type shit. both were gangster as fuck. both were murdered. but it goes furthrer than that i think. there is obviously a style clash between them being from diffrent coasts and such. i personally think big l could flow better than ANYONE i ever heard. tupac had some very good lyrics and his poetry was some of the best stuff i had ever read. so im asking all you other 12oz hip hop heads who you think was a better emcee. my vote is with big L. if you listen to track 4 on big l's the big picture that song deadly combination with tupac in it is really what promped this thread. is this a gay thread maybe but i figured i'd throw it out there and see what some people thought

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What's this motherfuckin rap game without L?

Yo, that's like jewels without ice

That's like china without rice

or the Holy Bible without Christ

or the Bulls without Mike

or crackheads without pipes

The Village without dykes

or hockey games without fights.

its pretty obvious who's better.

haha i think so too peronally but i heard some people compaing them. a fair comparason? maybe not. i mean but i could see where they were coming from in a way. youever hear that wake up show freestyle with big l and jay z? man jz is shittier than i thought. and seeing a pic of him the other day really makes me wonder how he raps with them big ass fuckin cunt lips for lips....... fuckin catfish and shit. maybe we should compare big l to 50cent. HAHAHA. on that note i was unforutunatlly listining to his shitty ass cd and i detected a bit of lets not say biting but yea.....biting descrbes it pretty well, actually of big l. i mean why not he sucks he has to do something

:lol:

How can you try and compare the two?......they both had totally different styles and ways of going about putting out thier music.......they were both sick in thier own right.......the person I wish was still around to make music would have to be Charizma......that fool was gifted and way ahead of his time......if you don't know who he is/was....just check Peanut Butter Wolf's old shit from the early to mid 90's......and you'll see.

hold up hold up what the fuck is this i'm reading. tupac wasn't that great lyrically are u guys kidding me? i mean big L is definantly one of the greats no denying that. he gets way less credit than he deserves from a lot of people. a lot of those who claim to "love hip-hop and be true hip-hop heads" can't even name a big L song. But 2pac had a greater impact on hip-hop and on music period a lot of artist go listen to 2pac when they need to be inspired (rap and rock artist). and a lot of poets/songwriters pickup a copy of The Rose That Grew From Concrete when they wanna be inspired. i mean please people go pop on Dear Mama, Keep Ur Head Up, Brenda's Got a Baby shit like that and i think u'll see what i'm talking about. Rap is nothing but poetry with a beat and 2pac showed us that shit completely. Plus he was raised in Baltimore.

Baltimore Blocks And i'm out.

Originally posted by NOBODY

tupac wasnt that great lyrically if you think about it.use your head of course big l has a much better flow and alot better with the technical stuff. tupac's shit was deeper though. its that simple.

thats what i was gonna say.and fuck pac haters..u dont realize some people out there can relate to some of his shit..

I like tupacs flow but not many of the beats. I dont really like most of the west coast shit for some reason. But I like Big L's flow and 90% of the beats. If i'm just chillen then tupac is def. in the deck but if im in more of a wild mood I would rather bump Big L. Big L def. doesn't get as much credit as he deserved/s..nobody I know knows about him..that shit blows my mind..but I guess its my fault for knowing kids who listen to fabolous and lil jon. But if I were to pick one of them I would have to go with Big L.

I see death around the corner the pressures gettin to me

i no longer trust my homies them phonies tried to do me

smokin too much weeeed

got me paranoid stressed pack a gat and a vest

under my clothes when i dress

hopin i die the way i live straight thuggin

huggin my trigger for all them niggas that was buggin

2pacs lyrics were incredible. He was able to do something that not many rappers can't do, and that is tell a story. His delivery and sound of his voice is what set him appart from every one else including Big L. I have no idea who produced 2pacs beats but you can tell when it came on that it was gonna be a tupac joint. Another thing that setts him appart from all mainstream rappers was the fact that he didnt really use the same old trite AABB style. His rhymes would be one line pallindromes if you can understand that. Anywho im gonna have to go with pac on this one.