Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

models... not super

Not sure if this counts.. a local legend has been recreating some dioramas/scenes with local model trains.. the detail in it is incredible 

DBF258BE-6CEF-4EAD-AD7C-E1038C18377E.jpeg

F21CE66D-9F71-4B13-9499-1E5B4851C2E9.jpeg

CDE172BF-4325-46BD-B373-4CB9E9088B84.jpeg

436DE02E-439B-4FDB-A293-B0681F0F880F.jpeg

1677B9DE-23B9-4DAE-B540-F6D3473EF8AB.jpeg

05C05537-C04D-46BE-A7F1-8BE410A3AB93.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Props 3
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been building models for a long time, and then one day I got bored and started taking photos of them attacking my brother's cat. This project has evolved over the years and my hobby has reached t

Not sure if this counts.. a local legend has been recreating some dioramas/scenes with local model trains.. the detail in it is incredible     

WMB, Weekend Madness Build. 48 hours to build a model was the challenge. I had this SOMUA-S35 from MENG in the stash and it looked like a quick build so I went for it. Near the end, Coin Operated Kidd

Posted Images

On 5/28/2020 at 6:07 PM, aimer said:

That is a serious attention to detail. Outstanding.

It's cool here. If you're interested in model trains, there is another thread here:

Posted (edited)

I've been building models for a long time, and then one day I got bored and started taking photos of them attacking my brother's cat. This project has evolved over the years and my hobby has reached the point where I have gotten some illustration work out of it.It's been a really fun project that offers all kind of opportunities for experimentation.

You can find my work at http://armymenaroundthehouse.ca
https://www.instagram.com/armymenaroundthehouse/
https://www.facebook.com/armymenaroundthehouse/

20151217_195716.jpg

Peel.JPG

Headlights.JPG

20170511_145322.jpg

20160630_133939.jpg

Shootout.JPG

This Badge for Hire.JPG

Popping the cap.JPG

Virus.JPG

Edited by Garethm
  • Like 6
  • Props 7
  • 3 weeks later...

My company mascot finally showed up.

I have been leaning hard to changing the name of my company to DFSS( dumpster fire shit show) construction.

20200625_125837.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

There are battery powered, flickering LED candles for sale that can be disassembled and then reassembled inside that thing. From here it looks like the 'flames' are translucent. It can be a unique little desktop, flickering flame, night light.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Motörhead celebrates 'Bomber' 40th anniversary with Heinkel Bomber model

05/09/2019

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Motörhead's 'Bomber' album, British model kit maker, Airfix has announced a limited edition of its Heinkel He 111 H-6 bomber model.

The bomber model will have Motörhead decals and comes in a custom box. You can check out pictures of the model plane below.

Artist Adrian Chesterman used the Airfix Heinkel kit in 1979 as his muse while creating the Bomber album sleeve artwork that features Lemmy Kilmister, 'Fast' Eddie Clarke and 'Philthy' Animal Taylor cruising on the German WWII bomber.

"Lemmy, himself a collector of WWII memorabilia, insisted the plane be German," Airfix stated. "I suggested the Heinkel plane," Chesterman noted. 

"They wanted this photo-realistic effect, so I designed the thing with the detached bomb coming towards you. I worked in airbrush in black and white, which I would then tint. That's why my work always looked very doomy. To get the lighting right, I got a little Airfix kit of a Heinkel 111, made it up and sprayed it black. When you work realistically, you've got to have a realistic reference."

Airfix recalled that the artwork made such an impression that the band had insisted on a "remarkable 40-foot Heinkel replica" as a stage prop for their famed Bomber tour. Chesterman said that it was the "most famous cover" he has ever created.

https://www.thesound.co.nz/home/music/2019/09/motorhead-bomber-40th-anniversary-airfix-heinkel-he111-h6-bomber-model-plane.html

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-1.jpg

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-2.jpg

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-3.jpg

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-4.jpg

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-5.jpg

2010kev1966_boxart-1.jpg

2010kev1966_boxart-2.jpg

2010kev1966_boxart-3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Props 1
4 hours ago, Ko SprueOne said:

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-1.jpg

giphy.gif

I'd prop you twice on this if I could.  Just finished Lemmy's autobiography.  The tour model was a heavy, unwieldy pain in the ass that would have killed them if it fell on them but the had to use it because the fans loved it.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/motorheads-lemmy-and-mikkey-dee-describe-scary-moments-with-bands-bomber-light-rig/

image.thumb.png.35f119dd1b47c752760f8d9d8e3096cf.png

• Truth 1
39 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

I'd prop you twice on this if I could.  Just finished Lemmy's autobiography.  The tour model was a heavy, unwieldy pain in the ass that would have killed them if it fell on them but the had to use it because the fans loved it.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/motorheads-lemmy-and-mikkey-dee-describe-scary-moments-with-bands-bomber-light-rig/

image.thumb.png.35f119dd1b47c752760f8d9d8e3096cf.png

I haven't seen the autobiography yet, I think. I rarely watch anything (movies, rockumentaries, your day in pies, etc) sober. Maybe I just forgot. Gotta check it out.