models... not super

When

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

got a friend in lockdown who can't get to a model shop (none in his area) and has his credit card maxed so i thought I'd help him out with his WW2 tableau diorama thing he's making.

932008777_IMG_67072.thumb.JPG.58bf3a4bce9e4a960839f6497074c2a9.JPG

there's a model shop that is 90% military hobbies or cars.

IMG_2286.thumb.JPG.8332641e335cc8354434957775d5c0bd.JPG

One good thing about Copvid19 is that stores are pretty sweet on discounting stuff down to 40.00 form $50 and he dropped it to $30 because he was glad to have somebody in his shop.

IMG_2283.thumb.JPG.b62c536cad746ce520761dfc5ce3437e.JPG

Like the pajero.

IMG_2279.thumb.JPG.5e25b00ecf058d743d53a1fa0448f3b0.JPG

Edited by Schnitzel
missed out
  • Like 1
  • Props 4

Is that M3 Lee up top a scratch build or kit? I haven't seen one with that type of Culin hedge cutter. Good work and paint anyway.

I don't have that Pajero kit but Tamiya is famous for tight fitting kits. As far as I remember, they never included left hand drive dash boards tho. I think it was Fujimi or Aoshima that would include both LH and RH dash versions.

• Props 1

@Ko SprueOnesorry my post wasn't clear

the build is his so I'm not sure on the kit sadly.

I'm just helping him out with supplies since the closest decent shop near him is over 70 miles ( and is closed)

Got him some japanese infantry today. Apparently one end is eastern front Europe other end is iwo jima or something.

some of these fellas are about to become mortar victims....

IMG_2316.JPG

• Props 1

11 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

@Ko SprueOnesorry my post wasn't clear

the build is his so I'm not sure on the kit sadly.

I'm just helping him out with supplies since the closest decent shop near him is over 70 miles ( and is closed)

Got him some japanese infantry today. Apparently one end is eastern front Europe other end is iwo jima or something.

some of these fellas are about to become mortar victims....

You were clear, I just thought you were still in his town or still at his pad talking to him.

That looks like a solid hobby shop with all that static plastic. Most shops that are still open, even before the pandemic, specialize in RC or Railroad or gaming only.

Good on you for helping your friend out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 6:07 PM, aimer said:

Not sure if this counts.. a local legend has been recreating some dioramas/scenes with local model trains.. the detail in it is incredible

That is a serious attention to detail. Outstanding.

It's cool here. If you're interested in model trains, there is another thread here:

I've been building models for a long time, and then one day I got bored and started taking photos of them attacking my brother's cat. This project has evolved over the years and my hobby has reached the point where I have gotten some illustration work out of it.It's been a really fun project that offers all kind of opportunities for experimentation.

You can find my work at http://armymenaroundthehouse.ca
https://www.instagram.com/armymenaroundthehouse/
https://www.facebook.com/armymenaroundthehouse/

20151217_195716.jpg

Peel.JPG

Headlights.JPG

20170511_145322.jpg

20160630_133939.jpg

Shootout.JPG

This Badge for Hire.JPG

Popping the cap.JPG

Virus.JPG

Edited by Garethm
  • Like 6
  • Props 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Motörhead celebrates 'Bomber' 40th anniversary with Heinkel Bomber model

05/09/2019

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Motörhead's 'Bomber' album, British model kit maker, Airfix has announced a limited edition of its Heinkel He 111 H-6 bomber model.

The bomber model will have Motörhead decals and comes in a custom box. You can check out pictures of the model plane below.

Artist Adrian Chesterman used the Airfix Heinkel kit in 1979 as his muse while creating the Bomber album sleeve artwork that features Lemmy Kilmister, 'Fast' Eddie Clarke and 'Philthy' Animal Taylor cruising on the German WWII bomber.

"Lemmy, himself a collector of WWII memorabilia, insisted the plane be German," Airfix stated. "I suggested the Heinkel plane," Chesterman noted. 

"They wanted this photo-realistic effect, so I designed the thing with the detached bomb coming towards you. I worked in airbrush in black and white, which I would then tint. That's why my work always looked very doomy. To get the lighting right, I got a little Airfix kit of a Heinkel 111, made it up and sprayed it black. When you work realistically, you've got to have a realistic reference."

Airfix recalled that the artwork made such an impression that the band had insisted on a "remarkable 40-foot Heinkel replica" as a stage prop for their famed Bomber tour. Chesterman said that it was the "most famous cover" he has ever created.

https://www.thesound.co.nz/home/music/2019/09/motorhead-bomber-40th-anniversary-airfix-heinkel-he111-h6-bomber-model-plane.html

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-1.jpg

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-2.jpg

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-3.jpg

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-4.jpg

AIRFIX_A07007A_1-72scale_MH79_promo-image-5.jpg

2010kev1966_boxart-1.jpg

2010kev1966_boxart-2.jpg

2010kev1966_boxart-3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Props 1