timothy mcveigh essay on america

seeking

An Essay on Hypocrisy

By Timothy McVeigh

The administration has said that Iraq has no right to stockpile chemical or biological weapons ("weapons of mass destruction") -- mainly because they have used them in the past.

Well, if that's the standard by which these matters are decided, then the U.S. is the nation that set the precedent. The U.S. has stockpiled these same weapons (and more) for over 40 years. The U.S. claims that this was done for deterrent purposes during the "Cold War" with the Soviet Union. Why, then is it invalid for Iraq to claim the same reason (deterrence) -- with respect to Iraq's (real) war with, and the continued threat of, its neighbor Iran?

The administration claims that Iraq has used these weapons in the past. We've all seen the pictures that show a Kurdish woman and child frozen in death from the use of chemical weapons. But, have you ever seen these pictures juxtaposed next to pictures from Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

I suggest that one study the histories of World War I, World War II and other "regional conflicts" that the U.S. has been involved in to familiarize themselves with the use of "weapons of mass destruction."

Remember Dresden? How about Hanoi? Tripoli? Baghdad? What about the big ones -- Hiroshima and Nagasaki? (At these two locations, the U.S. killed at least 150,000 non-combatants -- mostly women and children -- in the blink of an eye. Thousands more took hours, days, weeks, or months to die.)

If Saddam is such a demon, and people are calling for war crimes charges and trials against him and his nation, why do we not hear the same cry for blood directed at those responsible for even greater amounts of "mass destruction" -- like those responsible and involved in dropping bombs on the cities mentioned above?

The truth is, the U.S. has set the standard when it comes to the stockpiling and use of weapons of mass destruction.

Hypocrisy when it comes to death of children? In Oklahoma City, it was family convenience that explained the presence of a day-care center placed between street level and the law enforcement agencies which occupied the upper floors of the building. Yet when discussion shifts to Iraq, any day-care center in a government building instantly becomes "a shield." Think about that.

(Actually, there is a difference here. The administration has admitted to knowledge of the presence of children in or near Iraqi government buildings, yet they still proceed with their plans to bomb -- saying that they cannot be held responsible if children die. There is no such proof, however, that knowledge of the presence of children existed in relation to the Oklahoma City bombing.)

When considering morality and mens rea [criminal intent] in light of these facts, I ask: Who are the true barbarians?

Yet another example of this nation's blatant hypocrisy is revealed by the polls which suggest that this nation is greatly in favor of bombing Iraq.

In this instance, the people of the nation approve of bombing government employees because they are "guilty by association" -- they are Iraqi government employees. In regard to the bombing in Oklahoma City, however, such logic is condemned.

What motivates these seemingly contradictory positions? Do people think that government workers in Iraq are any less human than those in Oklahoma City? Do they think that Iraqis don't have families who will grieve and mourn the loss of their loved ones? In this context, do people come to believe that the killing of foreigners is somehow different than the killing of Americans?

I recently read of an arrest in New York City where possession of a mere pipe bomb was charged as possession of a "weapon of mass destruction." If a two pound pipe bomb is a "weapon of mass destruction," then what do people think that a 2,000-pound steel-encased bomb is?

I find it ironic, to say the least, that one of the aircraft that could be used to drop such a bomb on Iraq is dubbed "The Spirit of Oklahoma."

When a U.S. plane or cruise missile is used to bring destruction to a foreign people, this nation rewards the bombers with applause and praise. What a convenient way to absolve these killers of any responsibility for the destruction they leave in their wake.

Unfortunately, the morality of killing is not so superficial. The truth is, the use of a truck, a plane, or a missile for the delivery of a weapon of mass destruction does not alter the nature of the act itself.

These are weapons of mass destruction -- and the method of delivery matters little to those on the receiving end of such weapons.

Whether you wish to admit it or not, when you approve, morally, of the bombing of foreign targets by the U.S. military, you are approving of acts morally equivalent to the bombing in Oklahoma City. The only difference is that this nation is not going to see any foreign casualties appear on the cover of Newsweek magazine.

It seems ironic and hypocritical that an act viciously condemned in Oklahoma City is now a "justified" response to a problem in a foreign land. Then again, the history of United States policy over the last century, when examined fully, tends to exemplify hypocrisy.

When considering the use of weapons of mass destruction against Iraq as a means to an end, it would be wise to reflect on the words of the late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis. His words are as true in the context of Olmstead as they are when they stand alone: "Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example."

Sincerely

Timothy J. McVeigh

stolen from here. thanks to my best friend mapo for this one. :)

http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/McVeigh/OKCaug98.htm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

another good read ARCEL.

The thing that pisses me off about some patriotic people is that we always assume the worst with other countries and always assume the best with america.

its ok for us to have wmd and use it on people. but not ok for anyone else.

i hate the way americans think saddam hussein had something to do with 9/11.

if people would wake up and learn things and view things objectively we'd be able to make change for the better.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

ITS BECAUSE AMERICA IS FUCKING STUPID AND BRAIN WASHED!!!

this was one of the topics me and some homies had a fucking meth-induced conversation about an hour ago....its so fucking sad how white american thinks and shit

Guest Dipher

I just watched a documentary on how the US military is giving "Go pills" to its pilots. Fucking shameful. Imagine being on the receiving end of a "friendly fire" incident?

Originally posted by Dipher

I just watched a documentary on how the US military is giving "Go pills" to its pilots. Fucking shameful. Imagine being on the receiving end of a "friendly fire" incident?

i saw that too! man, it's the equivilant of putting a drunk driver on the road in a formula one car strapped with missiles. kill bush!

Originally posted by Dipher

Already happened. In Afghanistan 2 American pilots bombed Canadian troops that were training for some mission. The pilots were on those go pills

Originally posted by mapo returns

another good read ARCEL.

The thing that pisses me off about some patriotic people is that we always assume the worst with other countries and always assume the best with america.

if people would wake up and learn things and view things objectively we'd be able to make change for the better.

SO TRUE

I never condoned the shit that mcVeigh did and i was the first person in my family to see that shit on tv when i was a kid. I had no grasp on what had happend untill later on in my life. Now that i am older and wiser and more jaded... McVeigh makes an interesting point about a pipe bomb being a weapon of mass destruction. So what is the difference between a pipe bomb and a 2000 lb war head? Good read.

I hitched a ride with McVeigh like a year or two before he bombed that place. One of two people who actually gave me a ride while I was out there dying.

This hypocracy argument resonates truth even today. It reminds me alot of the book "The geneology of morality" by Nietzche. Before the advent of Christianity morality was dictated by the royal families, whereas anything the royal family did was deemed good and right, while the masses were filthy, evil animals. Christianity was actually very revolutionary in it's time (as the gospel of Mary Magdelene emphasizes) because it set a common morality for all people, where all people were worthy of the love of god. You can see many of the seeds of pure democracy in this.

It is clear to me how America's hypocritical stance reflects the attitudes of royalty back in those days.

I have no opinion. I just state facts.

Guest BROWNer

royals and elites perpetuate myths. it's been like that throughout the ages.

the current myth, which is cut from the same cloth, is that elites worked

for their position of power, money and success..

"What motivates these seemingly contradictory positions? Do people think that government workers in Iraq are any less human than those in Oklahoma City? Do they think that Iraqis don't have families who will grieve and mourn the loss of their loved ones? In this context, do people come to believe that the killing of foreigners is somehow different than the killing of Americans?"

it's called extreme nationalism and patriotism. patriotism itself is a racist emotion.

you are better than everyone else. it always means your country stands for the flimsy moral imperatives the elites have fed to you, its easy, swallowable, and therefore there is no discomfort appropriating the state syntax becuz it nullifies any real objective analysis of what your government is doing in YOUR NAME..sidestep the fucked up ethical questions that SHOULD scream to you. yadda yadda....

McVeigh's statements should be viewed in context

There is no way to know what the "real story" with Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols was. They share a lot of circumstantial details with other historical figures, like Lee Harvey Oswald (both veterans, both poor performers in school, both had unusual political interests and seemingly conflicting political viewpoints.) There are many people on the right who believe McVeigh and Nichols were part of a larger conspiracy that had blurry edges between the terrorist, racist residents of the white supremeacist compound at Elohim City, Oklahoma and the FBI and ATF.

ATF had a paid informant, Carole Howe, inside the Elohim City compound. She knew all the major players, in fact, was sleeping with Mahon and other racist leaders, and rumored to be romantically involved with Andreas Strassmier ("Andy the German") who was director of security for Elohim City, and principally responsible for the change from a hunting-rifle based defense to detachable-box-magazine, standardized caliber, semi-automatic-rifle-based defense there. He also supervised the building of bunkers, stockpiling of weapons and ammunition and paramilitary training, not only of Elohim City residents, but also of members of other violent, racist-oriented groups and individuals. It is widely believed among the Constitutionalist militia groups that Strassmier was on loan from the German anti-terrorist unit G-9, working for the CIA or FBI. This man had a long career in the German Army as well as being a member of G-9. His father is a member of the German Parliament. Strassmier is most likely the engineer of the Oklahoma City bombing. He left the U.S. and returned to Germany less than a week after the explosion. Tim McVeigh called Elohim City on a phone card moments after renting the yellow Ryder truck, and reportedly asked to speak to "Andy," but Strassmier wasn't there, and McVeigh left a message for him with the granddaughter of the founder of Elohim City.

Elohim City was the base of operations for the notrorious "Midwest Bank Robbers," who, following the example of their predecessors, Bruder Schweigen ("Silent Brotherhood" in German,) were robbing small-town banks like there was no tomorrow. The MBR turned out to be a cell of the Aryan Republican Army, and several of the players on the periphery of the OKC bombing were (are) members of the ARA.

Richard Snell, another Elohim City leader and alleged member of the ARA, was awaiting execution for the murders of a black Missouri State Trooper and a pawn shop owner that Snell mistakenly thought was Jewish. He stated to the warden the morning of his execution "Justice is coming, warden." The OKC bombing occurred at 9:02 a.m., April 19, the same morning Snell was executed. He lived long enough to hear the news reports before he went to the death chamber.

The Left and the Right take the same set of historical facts and examine them in light of their own beliefs. They arrive at two completely separate and opposing conclusions, despite the fact that they are using the same set of facts. Their conclusions say a lot less about history than they do about the concluders.

Timothy McVeigh's statement is made from the viewpoint of a racist, fascistic terrorist. He can accuse the U.S. government of whatever he pleases, but just because he makes accusations doesn't mean that they are true. The Oklahoma City bombing is not justifiable, not as direct action against the ATF or FBI for their respective roles in the Ruby Ridge attack and Waco massacre; not as a Government strategy to disenfranchise the militia movement; and not as revenge for the execution of a hate-filled racist demogogue and murderer.

Before I embraced statements made by any of these guys, I would investigate their backgrounds more thoroughly. There is an excellent chance that Timothy McVeigh was either an operative for CIA or FBI, or that he was a puppet of them. Carole Howe knew McVeigh as "Tim Tuttle." She had been telling her ATF handler for weeks that "something big is going on," and "you guys in the ATF need to do something before they blow up a building or whatever it is that they are doing."

She was risking her life for $25 a day. And the ATF and FBI did nothing that prevented the Oklahoma City bombing. I suspect that the Government was in on it up to their necks, and knew all about it.

After the OKC bombing, Howe threatened to go public with everything she knew, and ATF charged their own undercover agent in a bombing investigation with posession of bomb-making materials. They did it to shut Howe up, but instead, she went to the news media.

Archived