NOS: NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEM QUESTIONS.

ETHREADZNY

i like nos...but boost always there...

I love nos (great bottom end acceleration.).. i ran nos kit 150 shot dry kit on my 98 gt, with stock motor, and all i upgraded was the fuel pump to a 255 lph....thast all...my stang never ever had a prob on nos.....but when i got greedy, i switched to boost (Great top end)....i had ran my car a couple times and i blew piston number 4 on right side and head gaskets...i ran to lean, and i needed to rebuild my engine only after i blew it on boost....but now i have full forged bottom end internals...and a very greedy mustang for speed....:D :king: :dazed:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the rides my father and i built.

http://www.gofastzone.com/members/KLLRBEE/rog3.jpg'>

http://www.gofastzone.com/members/KLLRBEE/mvc-004f.jpg'>

and another one pre:

http://www.gofastzone.com/members/KLLRBEE/mvc-023e.jpg'>

and post-paint:

http://www.gofastzone.com/members/KLLRBEE/scan02.jpg'>

notice on the nova it says "327" on the hood scoop? :lol: don't the people i've raced wish that were true.

ive owned a 91 gti g60 turbo, and a sirocco turbo, (callaway to be exact) . and a corrado slc with a nx 100 shot. let me tell you. i dont know what car you have so i dont know but i can tell you nitrous is fun but boost is alot better and cheaper in the long run and alot better imo. take it from me now i have a porsche 944 turbo. hauls ass. no need for nitrous. shit sucks unless your running 500 hp and a 300 shot then its fun lol:lol:

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

You realise that you have to have almost every engine part upgraded to aftermarket before you can add nitrous. If you don't you're just asking for trouble..... that, and even with nitrous, that doesn't mean you can just spank any car. I live in Dallas, street racing is a really big thing here, my little brother's into that shit and he knows alot of people with very expensive fast cars that they built up themselves.... including a 96 eclipse that has over 450hp..... no turbos, can burn on ANYTHING..... not kidding.

You don't need nitrous, don't waste your time, money, life, or car on that shit.

im going with dirty on this one...nitrous is like the very last touch to engine modding...if your doing it right....thats just my opinion though

its all fun and games til you blow an engine...

then its just fun.

:D

boost......replacement for displacement.

ive seen 2000 trans ams get pulled in by hybrid turbocharged civics.....beautiful sight let me tell you......5.7L v8 getting pulled by a 2.0L 4-banger..

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

It still has the stock exhaust tip so we get jackasses at the lights trying to flex their nuts with their boys or their girl in the car, it's funny when they get burnt upon.

a couple kids rolled up to me and started flexing the mighty muscle of their civic ex with stock hubcaps and ....oh my god ...a MUFFLER. I was laughing so hard I was about to cry. dude was trying to look all bad ass steppin on the gas and listening to his prized muffler. finally I got tired of him buzzing around me like a mosquito. I shook my head side to side...laughed a little more and gave him the head nod to go. I gave him a few feet, then nailed it and just left him dead in his tracks. they got all pissy at the next light and wouldn't even look over at me laughing.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

a couple kids rolled up to me and started flexing the mighty muscle of their civic ex with stock hubcaps and ....oh my god ...a MUFFLER. I was laughing so hard I was about to cry. dude was trying to look all bad ass steppin on the gas and listening to his prized muffler. finally I got tired of him buzzing around me like a mosquito. I shook my head side to side...laughed a little more and gave him the head nod to go. I gave him a few feet, then nailed it and just left him dead in his tracks. they got all pissy at the next light and wouldn't even look over at me laughing.

one night i was driving around with some of my friends, and there was this one civic rolling with us that would NOT get on it....had stock looking exhaust, lowered, and im just wondering what the hell he was doing riding with us...

found out later that he had a 12 second all motor civic!

:eek: :confused: :dazed:

yum. sleeper. my friend has a b18c1 with full leather GSR interior and a/c ;) same set up as ^^ as far as aesthetics. real understated. wouldn't even know. he's only broken 13's, though. civics are def fun cars... when done right.

:n

p.s.

greddy bo is def dope. pshoooo. pshoooo. the whole car is just... fun.

Archived