NOS: NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEM QUESTIONS.

ETHREADZNY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say it totally depends on how you intend to use it, really. and on what car. and honestly, what your budget is. if you plan on running it. and alot, can your car handle it? might be more cost efficient in the long run to go with boost or a supercharger, considering who knows what you'll blow on nos... i dunno. i just think if you're gonna force, then do it right. save up the $$. i think you'll be happier. umm, that didn't really answer you Q, huh? sorry. good luck :)

:n

Yo Eth heres what I've been thinking. What type of engine are you putting it in. Like its been said before if its just a stock engine, dont run more than weak shots. If you wanna run larger 100hp shots youre gonna need larger injectors, lean running sparkplugs, and a worked valve train. Believe me you don't want to be running at 5k RPM and then detonation. Going down the road at 115mph when you hear the pop and clouded by smoke isn't a fun time. Basically I never tried to learn more than the basics on nitrous because me personally would never use it. Im a fan of all engine or forced induction vehicles. If you are seriously considering nitrous, look for fogger systems don't even bother with a plate system.

EFF the NOS, on a small black, probably like a 350? Supercharger mang, supercharger. If you're ever around the New Milford CT area Big Al's Superchargers does alot of work with my father's machine and rebuilding shop. Quality forced induction.

yeah my father is going through a late midlife crisis, and wants to make his camaro faster then it should go. I would def checkout big al's. I feel that the machineist that rebuilt my fathers engine f'd us over. charged to much and didn't but the right pistons in the thing.

You realise that you have to have almost every engine part upgraded to aftermarket before you can add nitrous. If you don't you're just asking for trouble..... that, and even with nitrous, that doesn't mean you can just spank any car. I live in Dallas, street racing is a really big thing here, my little brother's into that shit and he knows alot of people with very expensive fast cars that they built up themselves.... including a 96 eclipse that has over 450hp..... no turbos, can burn on ANYTHING..... not kidding.

You don't need nitrous, don't waste your time, money, life, or car on that shit.

my pops has a 200hp shot on his worked 350 (really a 327) smallblock. the engine runs higher compression as is but he made some minor fuel mods and has had no problems with over 350 1/4 mile passes.

tell him to upgrade his seatbelts to harnesses and do a little reading.

word....nitrous is the shit its cheap and easy.......i'd go with the NOS systems......first invest in some forged pistons....cast wont hold up for long....get a good set of rings too.....get a fuel pump booster and set your fuel regulater so the engine runs a little rich.....then you need to fuck with the timing.......your going to need to retard the timing.....its different for every engine so i cant really give you a number....make sure you have good head gaskets too.....get the solid copper ones they work the best....good luck

invest in a good stud girdle its not cool when all your engines internals are spread allover the street

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

You realise that you have to have almost every engine part upgraded to aftermarket before you can add nitrous. If you don't you're just asking for trouble..... that, and even with nitrous, that doesn't mean you can just spank any car. I live in Dallas, street racing is a really big thing here, my little brother's into that shit and he knows alot of people with very expensive fast cars that they built up themselves.... including a 96 eclipse that has over 450hp..... no turbos, can burn on ANYTHING..... not kidding.

You don't need nitrous, don't waste your time, money, life, or car on that shit.

not really just exhuast ,intercooler ,get a bore done ,new fuel rail ,intake, headrs.........just a few.......ur right he will:lol:

You were fucking dropped. If he's running Nitrous Injection hes not going to need a fucking intercooler, exhaust, headers, or new bore. He might want to invest in a built up valve train, rod/piston combos, larger injectors, lean running spark plugs, and fuel pump. And he's not running a four cylinder aluminum block. So even sleeving his cylinders isn't needed.