lyrics that make absolutly no sense

boogie hands

the problem with dose is that its not jibberish. it all means something, its just a huge fucking pain in the ass to figure it out. ive sat around with him countless times forcing him to explain shit... you just gotta always think metaphoricaly and use an open mind...

"and now the butchers got mechanical pencils" for instance is in reference to emcees rocking with all word an no heart... its there, you just gotta dig.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by George Dubyah Bush:

Beck's lyrics are quite funny and make no sense.

"Hot milk.......mmmmm tweak my nipple.......

Take pills to make them moody, Automatic Bzzootay , Zero to Tooty fruity."

wash my face with mace in the dark....

funny ish...

Originally posted by George Dubyah Bush:

Beck's lyrics are quite funny and make no sense.

Definetially.

some keep saying im insane to complain bout a shot gun wedding and a stain on my shirt/ dont believe everything that you breath / i got a parking violation and a magot on your sleeve / so save your face with some mace in the the dark / savin all your food stamps and burning down the trailer park / yo / cut it/

And hes funny as hell

i stepped to you. in JC penny, your name tag i think it said jenny/ i stepped to you with a fresh pack of gum, cause some how I knew/ you were lookin for some oh oh oh ! / you got a thing...only you/ and your sister /i think her name is debrah ?

bump for dr ocatagon too

Originally posted by knowlej:

run laps around the english channel means trafficking drugs across and back.. the english channel

damn, i guess im not down...heh...ppphhhfff

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

Kool Keith -off Dr Doom

-Yo (insert name here, I forget who he mentions) dis the answering machine. There's some meat up in the closet, if you're going to throw it out tonight, I'm a' run up to tower records to order a pizza)

Dose One on Them

-...we are trouble maker/..(?)..(something about a long cot or sumshit)/ and swallow the bay leaf whole/just wait till your father gets home/ with only your best interests in mind/ I'm boycotting the whole rablerousing lunch line/ discipline never spoiled anyone's appetite/ who? /...(?).../(repeat line about father coming home)

-I know a lot of nonsensical rap, but I'm drawing a blank.. Shits fun though.

Originally posted by brown twinkie:

"have ya ever, ever, ever in your long legged life, had a bald headed bitch for your bald headed wife...::"..etcetry..

¨

...ol'dirty has some good shit...

"have you ever,ever,ever in your long NIGGA life, had a bald headed bitch for a bald headed wife"... long legged?!? i dont think the dirty ones smokin THAT much crack ..then againnn.....

lol...this thread is funny...im a big noreaga fan for a bunch of reasons, but one of them is this: he's said, straight up, on records and in the press, that he knows hes not some lyrical monster, but he likes making the type of music for people that i appreciate it. and i think, in that sense, its more enjoyable than a lot of hiphop that really takes itself too seriously. norega records are bangin, AND funny.

as for the infamous "ENGLISH CHANNEL" verse, im surprised noone mentioned the LSD interview, where he explains that exact verse. he says "light a candle/runlaps around the neglish channel/neptunes got a cocker spaniel" lol....hes basically like saying (in his warped ass logic) that he so amped he could run laps around the english channel (even though this makes no sense) and then, hes commenting on te fact that the dude pharrel in the NEPTUNES is gay (apparently having a cocker spaniel is a sign of being gay...) anyway, NOREAGE basically got the neptunes craze started (SUPERTHUG and OHNO were both early neptunes tracks) and then he found out the dude was gay, and they stopped fuckin with them. but now, noreaga has a new song with the neptunes o the Violator 2 album...hmmmm...that nore, hes a riddle wrapped up in a mystery, he is.

anyhowz, dont sleep noreaga...every recor he does is hard as shit and funny to boot. you cant help but laug at the guy. the REUNION record has provided me and my peoples with more new slang than anything...like OFF THE YELZABUB....??? thats the funniest new slang of the century. ITS GULLY.

as for the doseone shit....i definitely DONT feel that shit...im all about supporting quality lyricism (like the VERY APPROPRIATELY mentioned lyrics born) but not white hiphop elitism....that "hiphop music for advanced listeners" shit is way to reminiscent of white elitists storming into jazz and over intellectualizing what is, at heart, a music for the people. im a big fan of good hiphop, but all these backpacker internet geeks think this music is something that needs to be "advanced"...and it doesnt. if you are in "the streets" (copyright), you'll notice that DOSEONE (and the like) are not "advancing" anything....theyre making music for other white indie-hiphop snobs (most likely emo-kids on sabbatical from belle and sebastian). nobody with any connection to the soul of hiphop (the streets) feels that shit. its great for poetry or ex-HC kids 'experimenting' and all, but its not HIPHOP to me. i think slug is pretty decent, and support pretty much any hiphop artist by buying their shit, but ever single hiphop person ive played anticon records for is like 'turn this shit off!' ad im ot talking about one particular type...i mean everyone from jayz/dogg pound type fans to brand nubian/diamond d type heads. the only friends i have that dig that shit are my HC and emo friends who are like, dude, this is so PHAT!! and im like, jeezis christ....this is the "advancement" of hiphop? whats next, guru and premier rockin dickies on track bikes? yikes....

i figure to each their own....listen to what you like...but i take serious offense to the anticon ethos of "advancing" hiphop...sounds to me like a euphemism for "gentrifying" or , more to the point, "WHITENING".

on the not as serious tip, i think most lyrics in hiphop are pretty much non-sequitors. koolkeith and the like take it to the absurd, but really, most hiphop lyrics are pretty much just a short collae of boasting phrases. im the best mc, i have the most sex, i kill the most pussies, i drive the best cars, my lyrics are so witty, im like (blank), cuz i (play on words involving something blank does that means something else in ebonics), i fucked your girl, i smoke mad weed, i drink a lot, i have (high number) guns, i was real broke but im (now/soon going to be) mad paid, etc, etc,...........

so pretty much the majority of hiphop lyrics are pointless...buts thats the fun of it. i mean, if you ever listen to any punk rock or HC music, you cant really ever discern any lyrics at a live show, and hence, theyre pretty much just vestigial anyway...but its the total package that draws people....and i dont see why people cant see hiphop the same way...content isnt really relevant in any expression...its pretty much form that moves the crowd. shit, rakim couldve talked about gardening and made it sound ill...

my vote for best lyrics that make no sense are hypocritical ones, like dre saying "i dont smoke weed/i dont smoke sess" on nwa's XPRESS YOURSELF, then realeasing THE CHRONIC, hiphops greatest paean to weed. huh? or, similiarly, TUPAC's back to back singles "I GET AROUND" and "KEEP YOUR HEAD UP"....huh? one song advocates degrading women and fucking as many as possible, then the next song is basically a support song for all those same women who are left to support children as single parents because the 'baby's daddy' was just "GETTING AROUND" when he fucked her. yikes....that some embarassing shit right there.

not to hate on the west coast totally, OC made one of my favorite records in like 93, called TIMES UP, where he said "fuck fame/id rather have a whole lot of respect" and then reappeared with a horrible sophmore LP entitled JEWELZ...some of us thought, oh, heres a witty play on words, OC is clowning the whole encroaching 'jiggy' phenomenon by calling his album jewelz, but itll be about "lyrical jewelz" (as in, "drop a gem on 'em") but alas, we were wrong, the record WAS about JEWELS, like jacob the jeweler type jewels. yikes. OC hasnt said a half interesting line since. and proceeding to write crap like "CHAMPAGNE THOUGHTZ"...yikes......that, to me, is a lyric that makes no sense.......peace

my 2 cents

Originally posted by cafe con leche:

"have you ever,ever,ever in your long NIGGA life, had a bald headed bitch for a bald headed wife"... long legged?!? i dont think the dirty ones smokin THAT much crack ..then againnn.....

there's no way it says NIGGA.

i just listened to it. trust me. maybe it

doesn't say long legged, but it sure as

hell don't say nigga.

go listen.

Originally posted by niseNSF:

as for the infamous "ENGLISH CHANNEL" verse, im surprised noone mentioned the LSD interview, where he explains that exact verse. he says "light a candle/runlaps around the neglish channel/neptunes got a cocker spaniel" lol....hes basically like saying (in his warped ass logic) that he so amped he could run laps around the english channel (even though this makes no sense)

HHAAAAHAHAHHAHHA!!!! HA-HA-FUCKING-HA.....EAT IT KNOWLEJ!!!!

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

• 1 year later...
Guest Castle Bravo

Notorius B.I.G. said the following in the first couplet of Me and My Bitch: "When I met you, I admit, my first thoughts was ta trick/You looked so good, I'll suck on ya daddy's dick."

Archived