supermarket slavery

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i used to work in a small A&P near my old hose. a friend of mine got me the job. we would rob the place blind every chance we had. his sisters boyfriend was the assistant manager and on friday nights he was the only manager in the whole store. so we would get the key for the loading dock gate, to "remove garbage". we would throw bags of food in the back of my friends trunk, which he would pull to the loading dock. we took turkys, steaks, cases of soup, anything and everything, it was insane!!!!

one time i found a huge box in the basement that said kodak. it turned out to be an entire case of kodak film. naturally i bagged it and threw it in the dumpster out side for an "immediate garbage pick up" i had so many rolls of film that i wound up giving half of it away, i used to try to sell boxes to local bodegas and shit. it was awesome.

we had such a racket going that we would take lists of requests from other cool employees and get them a ton of shit.

we still think that we closed that store down because of their constant losses!!!

Originally posted by the_gooch

i used to work in a small A&P near my old hose. a friend of mine got me the job. we would rob the place blind every chance we had. his sisters boyfriend was the assistant manager and on friday nights he was the only manager in the whole store. so we would get the key for the loading dock gate, to "remove garbage". we would throw bags of food in the back of my friends trunk, which he would pull to the loading dock. we took turkys, steaks, cases of soup, anything and everything, it was insane!!!!

one time i found a huge box in the basement that said kodak. it turned out to be an entire case of kodak film. naturally i bagged it and threw it in the dumpster out side for an "immediate garbage pick up" i had so many rolls of film that i wound up giving half of it away, i used to try to sell boxes to local bodegas and shit. it was awesome.

we had such a racket going that we would take lists of requests from other cool employees and get them a ton of shit.

we still think that we closed that store down because of their constant losses!!!

hhahahahahaha your story made me laugh. they closed the place down ahahahahahahah i need a job like that

Originally posted by casekonly

The entrance is on the right, yet you walk leftwards, duh In all modern supermarket the slave MUST follow a counterclockwise direction:

if the entrance is on the right and you walk "leftwards" (which means you turn left and walk, i assume), that would be clockwise.

it was awesome, we were like 16/17

the best shit was this:

we had keys to the bottle machines (to clean them out, which was nasty shit) so a friend of ours landed a job working for the company that fixes the verry same machines. he possessed the key open up the cash box in the machine. so

we combined our keys to make voltron

we robbed every A&P in our area. granted it was all in change but who cares we racked up hundreds of dollars per store. it was awesome!

jobs like that rule!

dont let me get into the job at the hospital

shit i just remembered this

from the shopping sprees at A&P, i had been sitting on several cases of corned beef hash (when i ate meat, i had thing for it, what can i say) and a few cases of chunky soup.

so one day around november i think, a girl scout rings my bell (i lived in a apt. on a main avenue). she was collecting canned goods for a food drive, so i was like "hold on", i came back with 2 plastic bags FILLED with canned shit. she was in like total disbelief.....it was awesome.

see............i was a criminal that gave some back!

Re: Re: supermarket slavery

Originally posted by ..fuD..

if the entrance is on the right and you walk "leftwards" (which means you turn left and walk, i assume), that would be clockwise.

no, that is couterclock wise... a clock sweeps around to the right.

at my grocery store when i enter on the right, the first thing is beer, liquor and wine!!! they must of designed it for me.

dog that is some bullshit

ive worked at grocery stores

dog they want you to talk to customers

if i ignored customers my manager would yell at me

you are on some big conspiracy theory bullshit

obviously theyre going to try to market shit to you, why dont you quit complaing about it, and just be smart enough to overlook

most peopel are goign to read this thing you posted

think its interesting

and not let it effect there day to day lives at all

they definetly set shit up to make you wnat to buy it, but to the extent you describe, is paranoid, dog are you off your medicine?

fuck all this whiny super market slave this, super market slave that, if it means that much to you, plant a garden or some shit and get a cow and some pigs, and live off the god damn land i hate ignorant bullshit like this, what the fuck are you going to do to change it, the plastic card bullshit, wow most of them you dont have to have any id to get not even a phone number, if you dont want to, its so they can collect data to know what sells and what doesnt, smart one. its not liek there going to be tattooing bar codes on are foreheads any time soon dude chill the fuck out

Originally posted by LoneJohnDoe

obviously theyre going to try to market shit to you, why dont you quit complaing about it, and just be smart enough to overlook

think its interesting

they definetly set shit up to make you wnat to buy it, but to the extent you describe, is paranoid, dog are you off your medicine?

fuck all this whiny super market slave this, super market slave that, if it means that much to you, plant a garden or some shit and get a cow and some pigs, and live off the god damn land i hate ignorant bullshit like this, what the fuck are you going to do to change it, the plastic card bullshit, wow most of them you dont have to have any id to get not even a phone number, if you dont want to, its so they can collect data to know what sells and what doesnt, smart one. its not liek there going to be tattooing bar codes on are foreheads any time soon dude chill the fuck out

also the whole idea of owning a grocery store is to make money..to get your money..and you use it to get your food..you see things arent so complicated..every company is out there to make money,so they try to do whatever they can to make more money..but when it comes down to it, people can make a conscious decision on what they are going to buy

Originally posted by LoneJohnDoe

think its interesting

yo "dog" g, money...i mean. sheezy, mah neezy....dog, you gotta see that this shit is fuh real...yo, yo, yo....see, dog, the whole thing about consumerism is that they want you to consume...by they, i mean the marketters...so, don't get me confused with some local cluckhead, dog...yo, g, it's all about the shit, the whole fucking world..they be out to control us an shit. we can't just sit around and be ignorant of it, b.

ok, i'm tired of talking like that.... look, like i said, the whole thing is to control you, or an aspect of your life. look at commercials on television...they advertise drugs and don't even tell you what they're for, they end of the commercial..."ask your doctor is vertacet is right for you." umm, why the fuck would i do that?

the whole set-up of a supermarket...i mean, for example, the frozen good...more expensive items at eye level, cheaper, shit is below, harder to get...they want you to buy the more expensive, heavily advertised shit..."oh, uh, i saw this on tv, it must be good."

i dunno, call me a conspiracy theorist, i jus don't like psychological trickery when it comes to food, pharmies, etc...the whole fucking world seems to be dominated by psychological tricekry now...we've got people studying buying habits, web surfing habits, television watching habits, etc...jesus h christ on a popsicle stick, when are you going to get out of the cosby show, dog?

It's even worse than that

The whole thing with TV, especially all the shows that you like the most, is totally designed to get you to watch the commercials. Ditto with music. The only music that's not co-opted is music that you make yourself, or music that is performed by others totally just for the joy of it. Once they start "making a living" performing, and everybody gets off on their band's CD's and stuff. they stop being creative and stop evolving (even though they try not to) and start becoming a commercial product. Might as well be underarm deodorant, because MTV gets marketed to the masses exactly the same way that Pepsi does.

Hip-hop? Ditto. Alternative? Don't make me laugh--there's nothing different or alternative about it. It's ALL about "product." Cool clothes? Yah. Cool cars? Yah. If you aren't MAKING THE SHIT YOURSELF you are getting sold.

Is this a bad thing? I'm not sure. But if you scrounge clothes from give-away bins, dumpster-dive, refuse to buy books and just use the Public Library, live in a squat and make bartering a way of life, you can avoid the worst of it. But who wants to do that?

Hobos, that's who. I think making your own stuff is a pretty cool idea. Let's start with making our own steel. Got any coal? No? Damn. Maybe the hardware store will swap us some steel tubing for a couple of dumpster-dived pizzas. Ya think?

No, I don't do this, I'm just being a dick 'cause I'm a perverse old man with nothing else to do and I'm outta beer.

Kemekill

Uh, the whole point is that we used to be farmers. We used to produce most of our own stuff, locally. Now, even if you want to, you CAN'T.

When I lived in Washington State, we had a huge garden--about a 1/4 acre--and canned and preserved a lot of our own food. we ate deer and elk that my father-in-law gave us. He was a hunter, and he would get a deer or two or an elk every year. He had it butchered, wrapped and stored it in his freezer. Then, the next year, he needed the room for his new deer, so he'd give his old venison and elk to us. It was top-notch chow, especially elk. It tastes a lot like very lean beef.

We canned all kinds of vegetables. Stored potatoes and onions, etc. in our spring house. My wife baked all our bread. We made our own beer and wine. I had a biker bro who made his own whiskey. We had two apple trees, a cherry tree, an apricot tree and twelve kinds of wine grapes growing right on our property, so we had a whole bunch of fruit. One year we got almost 50 gallons of cherries off our cherry tree.

I always bought a firewood permit, and cut 10 cords of firewood from the slash piles in the Umatilla National Forest across the state line in Oregon. We heated our house every winter with an air-tight Blaze King woodstove.

There was only one serious problem. Virtually no jobs whatsoever. I was usually unemployed at least six months every year. We stayed there six years and it was a struggle from day one to scrape up money. One year I made less than $6,000 in a whole year. We lived on $99 a week, for me, my wife and my toddler-age daughter.

You can do it, if you have NO DEBT WHATSOEVER. But if you move to the country with "city debts," you will go under. If you go out there, go DEBT FREE, and preferably with a business already established. An internet-based business would be perfect--as long as you have phone service and a modem, you're ready to rock.

Archived