supermarket slavery

casekonly

The entrance is on the right, yet you walk leftwards, duh In all modern supermarket the slave MUST follow a counterclockwise direction: 95% of the population of the world has a slight imperfected equilibrium, they tend to the left... if you leave somebody alone lost in the desert (don't do it :=) he'll begin tu turn round counterclockwise. That's the reason most modern supermarket have a "counterclockwise" layout... which btw has other consequences and hidden commercial meanings, as you will see in the following

Why do they start with fresh fruit?

Reason Number 1: People coming inside a supermarket tend to conserve the velocity and the inertia of the streets... they would "jump" the first 10 meters of merchandises if you did not stop them with the explosion of colours and smells that only fresh fruit can offer. Notice, moreover, that merchandises in the first ten meters are almost wortless just in case: potatoes, onions... the expensive fruits-sorts are more distant, so that people will be able to pick them once having 'calmed down'.

Reason number 2: The supermarket are subjected to the strong concurrence of the "discount" malls ("poor people" supermarkts, the ones with ugly boxes and cheaper prices), which (mostly) do not have fresh fruit, but only conserves... first thing when he comes in: the slave must be assured, palping a red nice apple, that he is in an "exquisite" special frish shop (little does and should the slave know about the products used to 'polish' and shine that apple, btw).

Note that the disposition of the fruit and vegetables is NOT casual (far from it). The whole point in supermarket enslavement is that the very few thing that are really useful and 'must' be bought (say toilet paper, sugar, salt or wodka) are overwhelmed and interpolated with completely useless products and/or with much more expensive varieties and qualities of the same kind, because of the huge profits on those articles and of the smaller profits on basic products.

Light dances in your eyes, sounds enter your hears

Orange and apples with a lot of mirrors, Bananes and pears with a green surrounding, salads and potatos with clear light... red for meat (coz white light would make it look greysh) and so on... have a look at the illumination tricks in your mall next time you are compelled to go in.

Note also that the quiet music is necessary: the supermarkt would seem "dead" without it, but at the same time music must not be so heavy that it may disturb any consumeristic concentration... and it changes too... they know exactly at which time of the day "seniores" and at which time "youngsters" slaves are ususally consuming inside the malltrap, therefore you'll have music which is "calibrated" on the time of the day.

Expensive is easy, cheap is difficult

Producte are so positionated that the expensive ones are ALWAYS positioned "towards" the march direction of the slave: at the best height to be picked up. The cheaper varities of the same articles are always "behind" the march direction of the slave, and/or a little too low or a little to high.

Now stop and have a look at the varieties of a given product, say whisky, or honey (not wodka, it's not necessary, you should always and only drink Moskowskaja :=)

Humans (euroamericans) stroll with the eyes from left to right (like you are doing now, reading my lines), therefore notice how the CHEAPEST varities of a given product are on the left, the more expensive on the right, in the hope that slave's hands will be quicker as slave's brain (as it's often the case nowadays).

Funny, the fridges open all in a weird sense

Yeah, the doors are made in order to enforce the slave to see immediately other products, inside ANOTHER fridge as soon as he closes one where he has already 'consumed'. Would the doors close normally, his nose would be back against products he has already bought: no good. Note the disposition of the products inside the ice-boxes on the floor, too... it's far from casual as you can see... notice how far away are those products and how easy to pick up are these? Goddy! I believe we should drive school classes through the malls explaining all these tricks to the little future slaves!

May I NOT help you?

You'll NEVER hear a supermarket employee asking you "may I help you" in normal cases (unless you really and badly need it and you chase him), because that would limit the possibility of you buying a lotta other useless products instead of what you need, it would break the "magic", and in that dreaded case the slave could even come to the nasty idea to lower the blick on the trolley, instead of filling it -overwhelmed by soo muuuch choice- with everything he sees.

Besides the employees are really busy "filling" the spaces... it's very important that the products are positionated at a predetermined in-between distance and density... too many people on to narrow space and some slaves would "put back" the product they have in their hands, instead of deposing it in the trolley... an empty gap in an alley would break the magic

What are stoppers?

Stoppers are the "dynamic" part of a supermarket... most of the slaves come here twice in a week (at least) and do not want to see always the same things in the same places (they could come to the -right- conclusion that they are being 'drilled to buy') even if they at the same time want to be reassured... "I know where's the wine". Everything must stay where it was, but a part must move... hence the stoppers, little mountains of "offers", toilet paper to-day, shampoos to-morrow.

Capturing the audience

Supermarkets have also a 'local' hinterland as well. People that live in the vicinities and/or that have to 'pass' near it on the way back home from the office will tend after a while to use the same one more and more, for 'simplicity' reasons.

These people have been 'caught' by the supermarket: they are its 'captives'. Now, once your captives' base is great enough there is no reason no more to give them real choices, is it? Wouldn't be better - and more rentable - if all this people would buy grossomodo the same few products types? And would not it be even better if those same products would be not only sold but also produced by you? And that is exactly what regularly happens with all big chains: the 'own brand' products are being pushed more and more, through mere phisical presence and/or through advertisement or three for two schemes, while at the same time the choice of alternatives decreases more and more. It begins with potatoes, eggs and 'white products' of all kinds, it ends with "everything" offered as 'own brand'.

Thus the supermarkets, born inter alia with the implicit promise of a broader choice for consumers, try instead to reduce it more and more every time there is a possibility to do so.

Cry baby cry There are queues at the cashier. Note that there are almost ALWAYS queues: the turns are so calculated as to spare personal whenever possible, that means that there is always a 'queue lenght' that is considered 'acceptable' (the slave will not burst off leaving the charriot and jelling "never again!") and that they try to avoid, for obvious profit reasons, to have cashiers waiting for clients instead that the other way round. Bresides: there is money to be made through queues! In fact that's the right moment to bite the slave's kids, which are terribly annojed and exige the products that have been purposely put on the two sides of the cashier queue. Watch them, look at their prices... very very interesting this is really the "lower instinct" part: All these articles are chosen and calculated to give maximum profit, all products you would NEVER in your life come to buy but here, coz this is the only real (compelled) "canyon" that the slave must cross... "Dad, may I have this and that?". "Why shouldn't I buy those nice mints?"

Notice how these products are MUCH more expensive than the "three for one" confections of the same product that are sold inside the shop somewhere... but where? You will not know, coz that's exactly the sort of products you normally don't buy! How many time do I have to prove it to you

Teach your kid to use the waiting time to completely upset the order of these products, or do it yourself. These shelfs can also be very useful to dump all useless products that you did buy without noticing ever after having read this... best of all is to dump there a couple of frozen icecreams boxes upside down, they will slowly leak everything on so artfully positioned peppermints :=)

D'you want our "superadvantage" nice plastic card?

No! No! No! It's only a cheap, dirty trick to gather all possible data on your comportament whithout ever having to raise a finger. They'll know how much and when and where you drink/shit/eat/ love/cry/wash/sleep/etc and stuff their databases for free (notice how the "discounts" are lilliputian in comparison with what they steal you through the abovementioned tricks... did you know that 35% of the fridge products you buy will go directly from fridge to dustbin? That's the real average, duh)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

an old friend of mine's sister was raped by some FUCK of a wal mart manager while she worked in the store.

she was a normal happy go lucky high school girl whose life was more or less ruined afterwards...

id cut the dudes balls off if someone gave me the opportunity.

Guest BROWNer

you write that yourself?

no doubt there

has been research and execution of

some sort diabolical and benign coercion by way

of lay out and such, but common sense

dictates that you keep veggies and

fruit in a cool atmosphere, and apples

go with apples etcetry. if you have no

self control over purchasing impulses you

have nobody to blame but your own sorry ass.

but i liked the terrible spelling and the use of made

up words like "positionated"..tight.

Haaha. Dinner will be a surprise every time!

Its also set up that way so you can get all your basics without wandering the aisles. In order to get those basics you have to cross the entire store, increasing the likelihood of impulse purchases which are set up at the ends of asiles and at the cashier.

Quality thread. Here's some supermarket advise for those of you with money problems: save up any coupons you can find regardless of what they are. Buy a large load of groceries and have your coupons cut and in a neat little stack to give to the cashier after you check out. If you get a lazy cashier 90% of the time they won't notice that your coupons don't match the food your buying. It saves me $15-$30 every week which doens't seem like much but it pays the bills.

It helps to have coupons that resemble the items your buying and the key is getting the right cashier.

on a similar note to the above post..

you can call pizza delivery and tell them you have a buy 1 get 1 free coupon and when the delivery guy comes he'll never ask for the coupon, and if he does just look all over the house for it and eventually he'll say fuck it and hand it over. sometimes theyll say there is no such coupon, at which point just sound all confused and ask what coupons they do have, since you have a big stack of pizza coupons..then when he mentions a good deal tell him you have that coupon.

Originally posted by mapo returns

on a similar note to the above post..

you can call pizza delivery and tell them you have a buy 1 get 1 free coupon and when the delivery guy comes he'll never ask for the coupon

This is usually because the coupons are part of a never ending 'sale' so, by law, they aren't needed for the transaction...

The other night I ordered a pizza, look at the coupon for the expiration date to see if it was good... the only thing I could find on the whole coupon said:

"This coupon expires in thirty (30) days."

Originally posted by Smart

I tear all the labels off my canned goods, why the fuck should I advertise for them right?

;)

do you also wear your canned goods out in public? if you don't, you aren't hip...

btw, change your screen name to "smart ass"

browner, no i didn't write that.

Reversing Reality

An Essay from IcE

The purpose of this essay is to show that even reality itself can be reversed.

What is reality?

We all walk around in our little sense of reality. What really exists? This keyboard I type on? Maybe.

We are surrounded by matter. Everything including ourselves is composed of matter.

Matter is composed of atoms.

Atoms are mostly empty space. They are constructed of protons, electrons, and neutrons. These little packets of energy are composed of hundreds of subatomic particles. If we could enlarge the nucleus of a sodium atom to the size of a golf ball (not likely and pretty devastating as far as our local gravitational field is concerned) the outermost electron would lie about two miles away. There is a lot of empty space in an atom.

"How can that be?" you ask. "I can feel water, the table, etc." No you can't! What you feel is the similarity in the electric charge of the atoms in your body and the atoms in whatever it is you are touching. Like a magnet (another manifestation of energy), opposites attract and like charges repel. Think of the tremendous energy a nuclear weapon releases by forcing matter to tear itself apart. If you could find a way to liberate the energy in a glass of water (without expending more energy than you get out) the world would be a much better place (if the political suffocaters of humanity allowed it!).

Think about it! If you could control your own "polarity" so to speak, you could walk through walls, infiltrate your body and remove harmful tumors, the possibilities are endless. Or should I say impossibilities. Maybe not.

"But I can see that the table is solid!, you say in frustration. You perceive the table to be solid. In fact, "seen" what our "reality conditioning" has told us to see. That and a little evolutionary trick or two. The eye is nothing more than a very high frequency receiver tied to a pretty good (not great but pretty good) processor. Here the electromagnetic impulses are interpreted and transmitted to the conscious part of the processor. You say, "WHAT!" Our vision is based on the reception of photons (high frequency energy, there's that energy word again). Light energy (photons) reflect (bounce off) of the surface (the electromagnetic resistance field) of the table. Some of that energy makes it to our receivers (eyes). We perceive color ( or solidarity) because our eyes are trained (through countless eons of evolution) to discriminate between different frequencies of light. Someone told us, when we were children, that the frequency we were observing was red. So now in our reality, it's red. Our receivers are highly discriminate in the very narrow range they work in. Colors, textures, etc are what they are because we are taught that they are.

We live in a three dimensional world, correct? Maybe. Time is said to be the fourth dimension and is an invention of man. Do animals wear Rolex's? In a way. They (we) have a much more elegant clock called a biological clock. This clock doesn't have hands or numerals. It runs on life's energy so it doesn't need any other power source. What about a fifth or sixth dimension? Is there such a thing? "NO! Absolutely NOT!, you scream at me. "I know there cannot be any more dimensions because I can't see them", you say. That's exactly what someone that was born in a two dimensional universe would say about our reality. It is quite possible that we pass by other realities that exist in other dimensions every day without our knowledge of it. All because our evolution has defined our perception of reality (of course it is possible that the other dimensions don't exist. They are mathematically possible though).

We exist in a wonderfully diverse reality. The possibilities are endless. When you read a book, sip a fine wine, crack a protection scheme, caress your lover, you are interacting in your reality. Your reference frame is unique to you and you alone. Open your eyes and enjoy your reality, Know noone else can.