Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ubejinxed

fruity tequila

yess.

"MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico's tequila industry, in pursuit of younger customers, plans to follow other alcohol producers by offering the centuries-old firewater tinged with citrus flavors.

Romo's office, which sets the rules tequila makers must follow, gave the go-ahead this month to allow fruity tequila starting in January 2004.

Tequila is distilled from the pineapple-shaped core of the blue agave cactus in five Mexican states: Guanajuato, Michoacan, Nayarit, Tamaulipas and Jalisco, home of the town called Tequila and the leading state producer.

But the two largest sellers of traditional tequila in the United States -- Jose Cuervo and Sauza -- said they do not plan to come out with fruit-flavored tequila.

McQueen, the CEO of Las Vegas-based Tukys Tequila, said he holds U.S. patents on five types of flavored tequila: mandarin-orange, watermelon, lime, kiwi-strawberry and coffee."

some of the people in the article said that having fruit flavored tequila will tarnish the reputation of tequila. i'm not sure. i'm looking forward to the fruity flavors, but i'm not sure about this "Tukys Tequila" i've never heard of it.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Keyword: fruity

Guest imported_Tesseract

Ube, forgive me for hijacking...

Mamski! were the fuck are you?

whats up with your aim?

fuck it i'll drop the big E around your way.

and to keep focused:

I agree: Keyword:Fruity

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Man, I decided AIM erodes my life, so I VERY rarely log on anymore. 12oz also erodes my life, but it does so in a non-annoying way that doesn't involve having to handle 8 convos cause I don't wanna be a dick to anyone. Hit me up on the E-face, god. B,

-M

Guest imported_Tesseract

having to handle 8 convos cause I don't wanna be a dick to anyone.

ouch ninja!

I'm slapping your e-face right now

for being an ass with no aim

actually....

keyword:Tequila

ya'll know my opinion on the fruity drinks

and the scorn I inflict on those who drink them.... *cough* Sneak!

but hey... maybe the To-Kill-Ya will taste better on the way back up?

I'm standing in and accepting all e-slaps directed at Mams - it's amazing what giving a brother a job good for a grand will get him to do for said job-provider.

Fruity tequila sounds. Mmm. Meh.

Coffee tequilia, on the other hand, sounds downright disgusting.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Coffee tequilia, on the other hand, sounds downright disgusting.

I had to reread that because I thought...no way. I can understand the fruit flavors (think margaritas), but coffee? seriously...who's the brain child that thought coffee was a good flavor of tequila.

PMB...so are you mamerros bitch or just an indentured servant?

i'm surprised that sauza and jose aren't getting in on it.

well, i'm not too sure. but i really like the flavored rums and vodkas so i'm not going to knock a fruity version of my fav liquor/

No matter what you guys think, fruit flavored tequila will sell. I think Cuervo and Sauza are sleeping on the idea and will get into it after they lose some of their market share.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sauza and Cuervo tested the market with an off brand instead of their namesake. Any word on whether or not Herradura or any other "premium" brand is going to do it?

I also am sure it will sell. Hell, given tequila's rep to the masses...it might actually help sell it to those yellow bellied drinkers that are a skeered of the ta kill ya.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this