Scribble Jam 2003 - The photo thread

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stooping to internet drama

a lot of people think the DOS wall rules. a lot of people are too wrapped up in politics to apreciate it.

i don't like to get in this shit, but people need to mind their business.

there are some people in europe doing some genious graffiti. what started as being bad rip offs of nyc old skool shit, now blows away a lot of people in this continent. american writers are following suit. people like grey ,lead, and the dos dudes have taken some of that feel into their own shit. there was a lot of shit talking from peope who know neither sigh nor grey about biting. but now there are a-gabillion writers all doing the same general sort of shit. but thats ok, cause now everyone's doing it, right? anyway, wait a couple of years and the flavor will change to something else. there's thing thing called a "trend". its why cars look the way they do and why mullets are funny. they feed of of eachother and evolve. they come and go. and the cycle of retroactivness gets smaller as comminication technology increases. i like it that people don't take graffiti so seriously. i like it that it has gotten more playfull in the past few years.

people need to lighten up. origininalty in graffiti rarely comes from nowhere. it always starts with a base that came from something else.

there was a lot of stuff at scribble jam this year that i liked a lot. some i didn't, but who cares. i hope the writers don't care what i think. i know sigh and aest and penis could give a fuck less about what anyone here has to say. maybe its cause they're too busy painting to have time to look at the old idiot box.

love,

whenone

df.tsc.ta

p.s.

i bit seen's swirlies on the ends of my piece. go tell everyone you know.

Guest soneMILWwi
Guest soneMILWwi
Guest soneMILWwi

?

Originally posted by Ruprecht

what did YOU ever contribute? And the only writer on there that has ever looked like grey is sigh. you are lumping aest and penis in there, which is flat out ridiculous. ces only did a pile of throwups as far as i can remember, which looked nothing like this, other than being jumbled up.

i love how everyone that talks about "the grand scheme of graffiti" only does it to be spiteful. like your fuckin whining on here does anything for the "grand scheme of graffiti". in case you were wondering, its about having fun, not about being afraid of what internet geeks might say when they see your shit.

ces only did a pile of throwups?

haha

Re: Re: The Show Stopper!!!!!

Originally posted by scot schmidt

THIS IS WHY I HATE TRENDY GRAFFITI. THESE GUYS SHOULD NOT GET ANY EXTRA ATTENTION NOR CREDIT FOR WHAT THEY HAVE SHOWN US HERE. THE PEICE IS SIMPLE, YET ILLEGIBLE AND THE THROWUPS ARE TOY. SMITH'S "T" SHOULDNT BE USED SO POORLY BY SOUTHERN WRITERS WHO OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE BITING, OR IF THEY ARE AWARE OF THEIR THEIVERY THEY HAVE NO SHAME ABOUT THE LETTERS THEY ARE STEALING AT ALL. THE WALL LOOKED ALRIGHT, BUT THEY GET NO POINTS FOR ORIGINALITY OR GOOD THROW UPS. THIS NEW GENERIC STYLE THAT TEH UNITED STATES IS BREEDING SHOULD END. KEEP VINTAGE NYC STYLES WHERE THEY BELONG- IN THE PAST. STOP TAKING STEPS BACKWARDS AND MAKE ADVANCES IN THIS WORLD OF GRAFFITI.

well said, it appears thatr people with good taste can only sit quiet for so long, there is way too much of this bullshit goin on out there. i think its funny how when 50 people bite grey's style he dissapears offf the face of the earth while everyone biting gets his name and style up for him for the next yr or so, i wish i had that gift.

viva la originality.

Re: Re: Re: The Show Stopper!!!!!

Originally posted by DirtySanchez

well said, it appears thatr people with good taste can only sit quiet for so long, there is way too much of this bullshit goin on out there. i think its funny how when 50 people bite grey's style he dissapears offf the face of the earth while everyone biting gets his name and style up for him for the next yr or so, i wish i had that gift.

viva la originality.

i didnt know grey invented that style....

:confused:

Archived