Scribble Jam 2003 - The photo thread

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that TSC wall has mad talent...nice to see someone did a prodo that was thought out with a background that connects, not just letters on a wall....i'll put that wall up there with some DF prodos i've seen and you should take that that as a compliment cause DF comes through with their pieces, characters, and overall theme...nice work.

Scribblin'

Originally posted by OriginalFlav

http://www.fototime.com/E114B6608E278FE/orig.jpg'>

It's really too bad that most of the comments on this thread are either hating or overly concerned with which writers 'with big names' showed up.

The above production kicks ass simply because I've never seen anything like it. Yes all the parts and components are familiar, standard even. But they are reassembled in an entirely new way. It's Post-Modernism guys (love it or just hope it goes away) and its the name of the game. Much props to Monk and the above production (Penis, Sigh, Aest).

well i like the lucha libre ,but i just hope that the people who did it have some kind of respect for the culture that it comes from ,i hate that alot of graff kids take shit from mexican culture and fuck it all up like the dia de los muertos calaveras,so all your white boys respect other peoples shit or is gonna end up like graff,paz

flix

alright guys...those are some of the dopest shits that was there at scribble that's for sure...but I took my digital cam and got about 320 flix total...as soon as I get them all resized proper in photoshop for posting I'll hit this shit up with a barrage of nearly every single flick from scribble jam 2003....

Peace,

The "Quiet" One...

Props to any of you cool cats I met at Scribble this year...it was like one big happy (fucked up) family...

lol

Re: Scribblin'

Originally posted by Haywood J.

Yes all the parts and components are familiar, standard even.

I though the bright pink roller fill was pretty cool...and the fact that Sigh tickled Atak and sang(?) us misfits songs thoughout the day kept things moving right along...stop talking shit...you all know you love it.

It's really too bad that most of the comments on this thread are either hating or overly concerned with which writers 'with big names' showed up.

The above production kicks ass simply because I've never seen anything like it. Yes all the parts and components are familiar, standard even. But they are reassembled in an entirely new way. It's Post-Modernism guys (love it or just hope it goes away) and its the name of the game. Much props to Monk and the above production (Penis, Sigh, Aest).

Originally posted by kwit

has anyone hear one grey? or seen ?

cause someone mention orignality. and i didnt see much at sribl jam, just to many egos in one city at one time.

shit man, everybody i met was really nice. even good writers.

the homophobic bullshit in the rap battles was really lame, but, damn cheer up dude.

Originally posted by DripOfAWish

okay you dipshits, i don't understand why people are jocking that sigh, aest, penis bullshit. That is an outright rip off. It went from Ces, to Revok, to Grey for most bitten style by toys. you guys need to go and learn where and when certain styles evolved. Just because you see the numbers that these biters have in your backyard freight spot in the midwest or south, doesn't mean these fools are contributing anything to the grand scheme of graff

Grey developed that style painting illegal on the streets. now these clowns have sterilized it into "production graff". these guys should be ashamed of themselves

pretty much sums it up. i just hope you got some original shit going your way, no offense.

Originally posted by DripOfAWish

okay you dipshits, i don't understand why people are jocking that sigh, aest, penis bullshit. That is an outright rip off. It went from Ces, to Revok, to Grey for most bitten style by toys. you guys need to go and learn where and when certain styles evolved. Just because you see the numbers that these biters have in your backyard freight spot in the midwest or south, doesn't mean these fools are contributing anything to the grand scheme of graff

Grey developed that style painting illegal on the streets. now these clowns have sterilized it into "production graff". these guys should be ashamed of themselves

what did YOU ever contribute? And the only writer on there that has ever looked like grey is sigh. you are lumping aest and penis in there, which is flat out ridiculous. ces only did a pile of throwups as far as i can remember, which looked nothing like this, other than being jumbled up.

i love how everyone that talks about "the grand scheme of graffiti" only does it to be spiteful. like your fuckin whining on here does anything for the "grand scheme of graffiti". in case you were wondering, its about having fun, not about being afraid of what internet geeks might say when they see your shit.

saying its post modernism is the ayest cop out ever.

...i dont want to do graffiti if that is what its about.

Archived