Scribble Jam 2003 - The photo thread

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by prismacolor

I asked for space before, during, and after my time and got a no every time. It sucks but that's why I wasn't there. I like and get along with a lot of people who are involved in the Scribble Jam event but it seems that wall space is a bitch every year and I didn't see it any worth to me to go there if I couldn't paint. I wish I would of gone though, because a lot of good friends of mine where there.

yea, same reason i didnt go, then again, i didnt have alot of time and money either.

good to see your free again, well, you know what i mean.

hit me up soon.

xanotherloserx@yahoo.com

Equal opportunity wall space

Hey, If Coup would have come... (he wasnt there was he?)

he would have gotten a wall.

his boy paul, who also "just got out" came and he got a wall.

Scribble & cincinnati, have nothin but love for Coup...

IN FACT we gave walls to almost anybody that asked this year,

(even when maybe we shouldnt have.)

because we were given more wall space than we are usually permitted

to have at the last minute... So there was enough to go around.

Granted some fools showed up really late and just started painting

where they should'nt, but that sort of thing is gonna happen.

In the past wall space was limited and you had to be invited,

due to lack of space. We generally tryed to keep the walls for people who

travelled from far away, and who actually have skills. Would you want

to travel to a jam thats been going on for 8+ years, (with a fairly good rep,)

only to see a bunch of toys doing some busted ass walls? (i wouldn't)

Bottom line... this year, If you didnt talk to myself or somebody from TSC

before hand, --- You weren't gaurenteed a spot to paint. Some people showed

up late, without talking to us prior, and they still got on some walls. (wow!)

so I dont want to hear any... "they wouldn't let me" B.S.

peace & respect. -- hope to see you next year,

---- el desviado.

cycle monk kuma sober ready spell (and many others) all got wall space from the city of cincinnati. they always have wall space. not enough paint in the world for it all. as a matter of fact they have massive walls they have to be painted tonight. get on it

you aint shit if you aint up

Guest jimmyjames

yo ux i know you got thoes computer skillz post that bsa wall for us flexners' is x-ed out now, thanks.

divi props on the organizing its not easy having everyone to deal with. it was a fun weekend, big ups on the wrestln wall.. nasty nati allways cummn korekt!

Originally posted by OxyContin©

Man, that dos shit makes me laugh. I think Grey should not only get royalties for such a blatant bite, but an apology letter for doing such a horrid job. And It looks like alot of money in "fancy" european paint was wasted on that shit. At least Grey was busy doing crime while these fags tweedle in paid for legal wall shit.

Hey Sigh, Aest and Penis... good luck on the going nowhere quick circuit. Youre hated everywhere except legal walls and 14 yr olds with zits reading scribble while taking a shit on their breaks at mcdonalds. I bet the freights even hate you. You sad pathetic little herbs.

P.S. If you ever eat me... I will force you to overdose and die. I only supplement REAL writers.

Sincerely,

OxyContin©

hater! hated it! i am hating! this is me hating! im hateful!

you don't know the half of how ironic your commentary is.

cock. balls.

I'd basically just like to say thank you to the people involved with scribble.. I showed up not expecting to paint at all and still got to do a wall.

Sez, thanks for hooking that shit up I really appreciate all the things you did for myself and my friends over the weekend.. Rifto, I owe you big man thanks again for everything..

NSF SQUAD.

dood say what you will about scribble..

but the shit amazing. its diy hip hop fest that had like 7000 people there.

seriously i think what rhymesayers, and the scribble jam cats have done here in the midwest inspiring.

if you look at what scribble was in 96...some walls and some djs.

to now having all these writers painting all these spots, and a bunch of midwest act packing the place....

big up to devi and sez for being unconditional nice in order to make the shit happen.

whores

getting wall space consisted of being a non-fucking idiot and showing up and asking for a spot to paint, so all you whiny sluts should get your fist out your ass and your bf's dick out your face and ask for space next time instead of assuming your dumb ass wouldn't get any.

Guest T E A S E R

man yall dont even know, next year im gonna blow up scribble jizzzzam, and you think that sigh/aest/penis prodo has some biting in it, yall aint even gonna be ready for me...

:lol:

Re: whatevers...

Originally posted by FiLLDaMoRgUe

scribble jam was the shit.. and no one goes there just to paint..

next year its on..another hotel to destroy.. 311 got broke up.. and that fool on that bike got rediculous..that one proddy reminds me altoids..any one feel the same?

hey man, hit me up on aim, we might have stayed in the same hotel and partied. hahhahah

our hotel got wrecked!

aim-nick5542

Originally posted by janedoe

B]i think that prae sucks [/b]

SHIT SON U DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT PRAE. I SEEN THE TKO VIDEO HE HAD A FEW ILL ASS PIECES UP IN IT. BUT BESIDES THAT THIS DUDE HAS BEEN STR8 KILLN CLEVELAND, MOST RECENTLY ROCKN MULTI COLORED ROLR PIECES IN THE OPEN STREETS. NOT TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM KING POKE AND KING VERB, BUT PRAE IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS 4 CLEVE GRAFF SCENE. EVEN THOUGH I AM A AKRON WRITER HE DEF LIT A FLAME UNDER MY ASS TO GET UP MORE IN THE LAND.

MAD PROPS 2 KING PRAE

OH YEAH CLEVE WAS JUST BLESSED WITH A BILLBOARD SIZED CANVAS BY COPE2 BITER GAMBLE DEAS

THANKS 2 PRAE 4 CONTRIBUTING 2 THAT

SO SHUT YO LIPS

GONEKILLA KS DISK

• 1 month later...
Guest da wizzard
Originally posted by DankLordz

I'd basically just like to say thank you to the people involved with scribble.. I showed up not expecting to paint at all and still got to do a wall.

Sez, thanks for hooking that shit up I really appreciate all the things you did for myself and my friends over the weekend.. Rifto, I owe you big man thanks again for everything..

NSF SQUAD.

yeah you owe me my flicks....hahahaha naw you know im playin'.......big ups to all the kids who came to wreck shit. big ups to the wys/nsf e2es that got crushed with yours truely. big ups to devi for the wall space and making the painting happen. big ups to tsc and rapes for being there to harrass all of us and big ups to the gi crew cause we rawl. peace ataker......call me/drop in anytime.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by when1.0@Aug 17 2003, 11:50 PM

a lot of people think the DOS wall rules. a lot of people are too wrapped up in politics to apreciate it.

i don't like to get in this shit, but people need to mind their business.

there are some people in europe doing some genious graffiti. what started as being bad rip offs of nyc old skool shit, now blows away a lot of people in this continent. american writers are following suit. people like grey ,lead, and the dos dudes have taken some of that feel into their own shit. there was a lot of shit talking from peope who know neither sigh nor grey about biting. but now there are a-gabillion writers all doing the same general sort of shit. but thats ok, cause now everyone's doing it, right? anyway, wait a couple of years and the flavor will change to something else. there's thing thing called a "trend". its why cars look the way they do and why mullets are funny. they feed of of eachother and evolve. they come and go. and the cycle of retroactivness gets smaller as comminication technology increases. i like it that people don't take graffiti so seriously. i like it that it has gotten more playfull in the past few years.

people need to lighten up. origininalty in graffiti rarely comes from nowhere. it always starts with a base that came from something else.

there was a lot of stuff at scribble jam this year that i liked a lot. some i didn't, but who cares. i hope the writers don't care what i think. i know sigh and aest and penis could give a fuck less about what anyone here has to say. maybe its cause they're too busy painting to have time to look at the old idiot box.

love,

whenone

df.tsc.ta

p.s.

i bit seen's swirlies on the ends of my piece. go tell everyone you know.

it isn't the thick inset highlights that bother me, it isnt the bit's and loops that bother me. it isn't the "old school" flavor,

it is the multiple letters, letters inside letters, the same arrows, doubling pieces into one...all that including biting exact letter forms and he is taking actual specific details. this isnt some "old nyc vs. grey" discussion, this is a biter with no discretion.

see people are focusing on the ERA that grey's stuff is derivitive from. grey didnt invent that style, but sigh is biting exact things that grey actually came up with to add to the vintage style. thats why sigh is the only biter that's really a true issue.

sigh. it is time you got the fuck off my shit. and don't try to get away with attempting to duplicate my piece with the white gooey covered/hidden letters that you bit the fuck out of and still fucked it up. i don't do legal graff but i would make an exception just to end your biting career and just make it official where the style is coming from, plus we can fight as well.

or do i have to come to richmond and hit the best spots in the city (AGAIN)!!!??

Archived