The army

JimboTheLion

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JimboTheLion

Tomorrow I'm taking a plane all the way up north in Norway,

what is norway like? from everything i heard its a great place.

much better than america.

yeah, the military sucks. i got out of it, you probably could too.

i just flat out refused to train. do the same shit. i doubt theyll send you to jail, since it costs too much money and it isnt worth it. but i dunno how things work up there.

Guest NoamChomsky

That sucks that they're taking your time like that for a year , appearing mentally unfit has gotta be the best way to get out of that shit i would assume. I'm in the army's most elite infantry unit complete with a 3 week suck fest to get selected for it, and even we have dickheads I wouldn't want to even imagine what it's like in a pogue unit. The army's not for everyone, I joined because I like the rush of jumping out of airplanes and busting into rooms and shooting people in the face with nightvision on and I wanted to see what it was like to fight. I'm happy with it and that's all that matters to me.

Originally posted by NoamChomsky

That sucks that they're taking your time like that for a year , appearing mentally unfit has gotta be the best way to get out of that shit i would assume. I'm in the army's most elite infantry unit complete with a 3 week suck fest to get selected for it, and even we have dickheads I wouldn't want to even imagine what it's like in a pogue unit. The army's not for everyone, I joined because I like the rush of jumping out of airplanes and busting into rooms and shooting people in the face with nightvision on and I wanted to see what it was like to fight. I'm happy with it and that's all that matters to me.

im assuming youre either in the 101st or 82nd Airborne.

either way, youre not in the most elite infantry unit.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by rip

ok lets they let everyone who didnt want todo their mandatory 12 month service off the hook, how many people would make up there army? exactly. whos going to defend them seals? whales? so fuck off. and i joined the military to serve my country. because we have stupid ass people across the world who feel the need to crash planes into fucking buildings. its a duty. i think every male when they turn 18 should be sent to trainning. just like in korea. so fuck off pussy.

Dude, you're unreasonably hostile, completely ignorant, out of subject and completely illiterate. Perfect material for a disposable soldier.

Enjoy your carreer.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by rip

very thats why im in the military ainy you heard?

And for christs sake, just TRY to type one fuckin sentence spelled out correctly.

Originally posted by Tesseract

Dude, you're unreasonably hostile, completely ignorant, out of subject and completely illiterate. Perfect material for a disposable soldier.

Enjoy your carreer.

actually i dont get shot at. im a network admin. so your sayin because he doesnt want togo he shouldnt have to? right thats the good stuff. if they would have done that during any of our wars where we drafted people, i dont think wed be the united states of america.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm not even going to further more humiliate you by contradicting your previous posts with your newer one. For the last time:

NORWAY IS NOT AT WAR. MANDATORY SERVICE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WARTIME DRAFT.

DUDE DOESNT WANT TO LOSE A YEAR OF HIS LIFE JUST BECAUSE HE'S FORCED TO. AND THATS FINE.

its called choices man, get over it.

Originally posted by rip

so your sayin because he doesnt want togo he shouldnt have to? right thats the good stuff. if they would have done that during any of our wars where we drafted people, i dont think wed be the united states of america.

BUT THey are not at war or in imminent danger of it.....

rip, i support you for your CHOICE of joining our military, thank you for helping defend tjis country, but just because someone else in another county doesn't want to join a miltary branch doesn't mean they.re a pussy, get over your military hard ass attitude.

After being in the military I started to come to realize that it sucks so bad that you have to seriously believe in what the fuck you're fighting for. It's like politics, religion, and family. It is so ingrained in people that it would practically take an act of god to change someones mind. That's the kind of blind devotion the military wants. However there are just not alot of people who are true boy scouts these days so they hook em with the benefits. Free college, free medical, free this and that. I'd say that's the #1 reason people join the US army these days. And for a capitalistic, consumeristic, and dare I say, hedonistic society it is a very effective marketing plan for recruits.

I've even found myself hating civilians. Due to the shit I deal with, it makes me mad to see civilians with their easy lifestyles. That's actually a fairly common view in the military. It's kind of backwards, compared to civilians, where our heros are those who suffer the most. "If he can make it, I can make it." etc. etc..

I like the order. I like the discipline. I like the unity. It's just all the bullshit. It's such a self-contained environment some nasty mentalities can fester and grow.

Originally posted by Tesseract

I'm not even going to further more humiliate you by contradicting your previous posts with your newer one. For the last time:

NORWAY IS NOT AT WAR. MANDATORY SERVICE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WARTIME DRAFT.

DUDE DOESNT WANT TO LOSE A YEAR OF HIS LIFE JUST BECAUSE HE'S FORCED TO. AND THATS FINE.

its called choices man, get over it.

because life is going great. yeah he says all this cool shit is happening, but he doesnt have a job. the mandatory service would be good for him. steady pay check, he can save most of it and have money to live on till he gets a job after his mandatory service is over.

Guest imported_Tesseract

HAHAHAHA....shit, thats to good.

RIP, slow down cowboy, his life is going great, His financial life its his problem and his country wont be defeated because of his absence.

Deal with yours and fuckin relax.

PS. mandatory army pays SHIT.

allow me to add my 2 cents..

anyone who has been on this board a while knows I went to the Army and hated

it. one of the things I hated the most was how ignorant the military truly is.

we used to have marching cadences which consisted of bashing saddam

hussein and osama bin laden. nobody there cared to talk about the link between

the bush family and the bin laden family, or the support the united

states gave to iraq during the iraq/iran war. nobody cared to talk

about americas support of israel as being the reason for the 9/11 attacks, they just assumed it was jealousy of the general

well-being of american citizens. if that were the case how come

the arabs dont attack canada, australia, or great britian?

they dont want you to think of that stuff, the military wants you

to risk your life over a barrel of oil and give a 'yes sir' and a

salute right before you do it.

i met maybe 3 people while i was in the army who were there for patriotic reasons. everyone else basically said they were there because they lacked direction in life or because they needed the college money, etc.alot of people in the military are there because they saw it as their

best option, meanwhile they didnt even know they had other options.

i think the age limit to join the military should be raised from 18 to 21.

i think age 18 is a confusing time for many people and the military

preys on that.

if you want to end terrorist attacks by the arabs..stop stupporting the israelis. simple as that. but the american government would never want to admit that 9/11 happened because of their own foreign policies being disliked by arabs. theyd rather paint the arabs as a crazy freedom-hating savage people. dont believe the hype.

Guest NoamChomsky

I sometimes feel out of place around civillians but I don't get mad at them because I have a hard life, and just because they're not roadmarching or spending all day on the SAW range doesn't mean they don't have a stressful and hard life. My decision to join was mine and mine alone. Alot of grunts try to make a spiritual high ground for themselves because they have hard uncomfortable lives. But it's all pointless bullshit posturing most of them are fucking losers who spend all their money on cheap bear and cheap women. I really dislike the majority of military people I've met, everyone thinks they're harcore but most of them are bitchmade.

i enlist into the army next week, i need to get my shit in order. im kinda excited, not to kill people or anything like that, well actually i would like to shoot a machine gun. i think it'll be a good expierience. what the hell, ive got nothing to lose.

Allright.

I'm back again. It was a shitty day, but I got out of it. I went to the psychiatrist and told him what I felt about the situation, and he sent me home and put me on some kind of program.

Thanks to the guys who are giving me support!

Rip, you are dumb. First of all where did you get that I don't have a job from? I got a job at a recordstore wich pays about twice as much AN HOUR as the military pays for a WHOLE DAY. So you better believe me that the military is not a good way to save up money..

It's great for you guys who like it in the army, I have absolutely no problem with that, but it's nothing for me..

Walked Both Sides of this Street

The U.S. is one of the few countries in the world that employs a volunteer Army. Most countries rely upon a mandatory military service model. In those countries, like the way it once was in the U.S., the average person considers military service to be an honorable obligation. During WWII in the U.S., men who were 4-F (physically unfit)were considered to be shamed by their unsuitability for service (poor eyesight, asthma, flat feet, etc.) In the prisons, the prisoners who were not convicted of serious, heinous crimes (murder, armed robbery or rape) begged to be permitted to fight. They even stated that they would be willing to get out of prison, go fight in the war and then return to prison after the war was over. In actual fact, once their service was completed, felons were pardoned.

The Marine Corps, always considered the "hardest" of the armed forces in the U.S., permitted thousands of prisoners to be enlisted. They were taken to the west coast by special freight trains, guarded by Marines armed with rifles and machineguns, stationed on the roofs of the boxcars. The men were permitted to leave the boxcars out in the country to eat (the Marine Corps set up field kitchens alongside the tracks in remote areas) and to relieve themselves. They were constantly under the watchful eyes of the Marines on prisoner-chaser duty. Almost all of these prisoners who volunteered went to the South Pacific, where thousands of them died in hellish amphibious landings against the Japanese.

The Marines lost 10,000 dead in three days taking the island of Okinawa alone.

In contrast, the Vietnam War lasted eleven years (more if you count the years that the Viet Minh fought the Japanese and after WWII, the French colonialists.) The French were defeated in 1954. U.S. involvement began that year, but regular military units were not deployed to Vietnam until later (1961) and were withdrawn in 1972 (Vietnamization of the war), leading directly to the fall of the South Vietnamese government in 1975.

I was an anarchist, and an atheist, in 1968. I started resisting the war way before I got out of high school, and attempted to apply for conscientious objector status several times before I graduated from high school, but the Selective Service System (draft board) was required to grant me a student deferment as long as I was in school.

They accepted my application and granted my C.O. status in 1969. My best friend at that time was a former U.S. Air Force ground security battalion trooper named Eric. He had finally refused to wear a uniform any longer after having killed several people with his M-60 machinegun during an attack upon his security battalion patrol outside Danang Air Base. I thought I was 100% right in my choices. Everyone I knew who had been to Vietnam said the same thing; "Don't let them send you there." I served two years alternative service in a rehabilitation hospital, caring for paralyzed men and boys.

After my alternative service was over, I started having second thoughts. I started thinking I had done the wrong thing. In 1976, shortly before my 26th birthday (the age limit cut-off) I renounced my former conscientious objector beliefs, enlisted in the Marine Corps, and requested "infantry," thinking that this would be the most likely route to a shooting war if one should come along.

No war came while I was on active duty. I was a peacetime Marine. Of course, since Marines do very realistic training, a few of them get killed every year just performing combat training. I did my time. I made sergeant, I got an Honorable Discharge.

During WWII, the U.S. suffered 330,000 dead in five years of war. In contrast, the Russians lost 20 million.

During the Korean War, we lost 33,642 KIA, of which, 2,415 died in the hands of the North Koreans while being held as POW's. The Republic of Korea (South Korea) lost 416,000 KIA. The fighting lasted 37 months, but the truce has yet to be signed.

During the Vietnam War, over 3 million Americans served there in eleven years of war. We lost 58,202 dead, of which 47,378 were combat-related. We also had 300,000 wounded, 2,338 missing in action (most never found) and 776 captured and held as POW's. (I have a neighbor who was a Marine, and was captured in a ground attack on Khe Sanh after having been shot in the abdomen with a 7.62x39mm rifle. He survived six years in a hellish North Vietnamese prison. The American prisoners, including my neighbor, were beaten and tortured for years.) The ARVN (South Vietnamese Army) lost 223,748 killed. The NVA/VC (North Vietnamese Army/ Viet Cong forces) lost 1,100,000 KIA, 600,000 WIA and 26,000 captured and held as EPW's (enemy prisoners of war.)

In the Persian Gulf War in 1990, we lost 148 killed. (That's right---one hundred and forty eight) and only 458 WIA. 121 were killed in accidents. There have been over 8,000 deaths since the end of the initial conflict. Estimated Iraqi casualties were conservatively estimated at 20,000 military KIA and 2,300 civilian KIA.

The present Gulf War has cost 312 coalition deaths so far. Casualty rates are creeping up slowly. But that is a far cry from the high casualty rates from WWII, Korea and Vietnam. The news media, like a bunch of vultures, reports every death in Iraq in a very intense tone. They are trying to create opposition to the war in Iraq, trying to create division between the two opposing viewpoints.

Archived