The army

JimboTheLion

Not so

The U.S. declared war on Japan and Germany shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii by the Japanese. The very first day of the war for the U.S. resulted in some of the worst damage--we lost most of the Pacific Fleet, and thousands of dead and seriously wounded men on December 7, 1941.

However, since that date was so late in the year, I guess "four years of war" would be more accurate.

Prior to declaring war, the U.S, had been supplying the Allied forces in Great Britain and free Europe with rifles, ammunition, and other military supplies. In fact, a particular model of British rifle, the P-17, continued to be manufactured in the U.S. in .30-06 caliber instead of .303 British caliber, and was used to arm National Guard and State Guard troops. My father trained with a P-17 rifle during his time in basic training in the U.S. Army Air Corps. (This was before the U.S. Air Force existed.) He was trained to fly B-17 Flying Fortress bombers. Several of my uncles also flew bombers (B-24's) against the Nazis in Europe, and one uncle (being from west Texas) served first as a horse cavalryman before the onset of the war, then as a tanker, in the South Pacific against the Japanese.

World War II was not an anomaly. It could happen again, easily. People tend to think of historical events as a "one time only" occurance. They think that Hitler was a one-time-only evil guy, something that can't happen twice. They are wrong.

If the Jewish families of Germany and Poland had each owned ONE Mauser rifle and twenty cartridges, Hitler would not even be a footnote to history. If the first time that the NSDAP and the Brown Shirts had invaded Jewish neighborhoods and began beating and killing innocent Jews, they had been met with a volley of 8mm Mauser bullets, the Nazis would never have come to power. Naziism and fascism were only possible IF THE POPULATION WAS DISARMED.

Don't you think for one goddam second this shit couldn't happen again. GO BUY A RIFLE AND A CASE OF AMMUNITION. And then re-read the Constitution.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: Not so

Originally posted by KaBar2

World War II was not an anomaly. It could happen again, easily. People tend to think of historical events as a "one time only" occurance. They think that Hitler was a one-time-only evil guy, something that can't happen twice. They are wrong.

I totally agree, its called BUSH and the new american century....now, lets have some fun:

You can own as many rifles as you want, but when bombs drop from planes so high you cant shoot at, you're good as dead...Interested in investing on a patriot missile set on your porch Kabar?

Guest imported_Europe

Re: Not so

Don't you think for one goddam second this shit couldn't happen again. GO BUY A RIFLE AND A CASE OF AMMUNITION. And then re-read the Constitution.

Yeah! Great idea, lets all buy guns!!!

Some americans and their 200 year old laws...

Ok, I'll play. How many times have you heard of gangs of different races surging through American streets killing people with machetes and shovels? What would happen in your neighborhood if somebody started doing this? In Rwanda, they killed what, 300,000 people by hacking them to death with garden tools? She-iit. Not in my neighborhood, they wouldn't.

Very few countries in the world can mount a sustained air campaign. Even when they can, sometimes for some reason it isn't effective. In Afghanistan, the Russians bombed and strafed and shot rockets at the muj, in vast quantity, but they still lost. They lost because the Afghanis were all armed with rifles and RPG rocket launchers, and had lots of ammunition. The Russians could take a town, but they could not hold it unless they occupied it with a large, armored force.

I've said it on here many times, so I won't bore you with it again, but the reason we have democracy (sort of) in the U.S. is because if the Government decides to get froggy with the American people (Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc.) they will create the biggest goddamned guerrilla war the world has ever seen. You may have noticed that since the bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City both the Government and the militia movement have toned it down a whole lot. I think the nut cases in the FBI who created Ruby Ridge and Waco have been muzzled by the Justice Department. Everybody I know who was pissed off at the Feds back then still has all their stuff. And they are pissed off again at this so-called Patriot Act and also the Patriot Act II.

As long as the people are armed, fascism cannot rule. They may control the city centers and certain key areas, but they cannot control everything. Liberty depends upon the ability of the People to resist. And ability to resist means the right to keep and bear arms.

Sorry, se FOUR

I missed the fact that you're in UK. The U.S. came into WWI on April 2, 1918. It had been going on in Europe since 1914. Now you talk about a gruesome war, man, WWI was just about the worst. Destroyed an entire generation of European youth, pretty much.

Guest imported_Tesseract

democracy (sort of) in the U.S.

As long as the people are armed, fascism cannot rule. They may control the city centers and certain key areas, but they cannot control everything. Liberty depends upon the ability of the People to resist. And ability to resist means the right to keep and bear arms.

wild wild west.

• 1 month later...
Guest Andy Capp

jimbo. long time no talk.

sucks to hear that. i would be feeling the exact same thing. there's too many important and enjoyable things to do in life to spend a year in the army against wishes.

good luck with it. hopefully you can get out, or learn lots of cool things while you're there at least.

Originally posted by JimboTheLion

Fuck you!

I'm not an american, so you don't have a choice wether or not you wanna go to the army. Dick.:yum:

See America ain't so bad afterall.

oh and if you ever say your "this close" to getting a girlfriend you really aren't.

Originally posted by JimboTheLion

Allright.

I'm back again. It was a shitty day, but I got out of it. I went to the psychiatrist and told him what I felt about the situation, and he sent me home and put me on some kind of program.

Thanks to the guys who are giving me support!

Rip, you are dumb. First of all where did you get that I don't have a job from? I got a job at a recordstore wich pays about twice as much AN HOUR as the military pays for a WHOLE DAY. So you better believe me that the military is not a good way to save up money..

It's great for you guys who like it in the army, I have absolutely no problem with that, but it's nothing for me..

so how does the army work in europe? or even norway more specifically?? everyone is drafted for a year? or everyone is considered?

Originally posted by Pistol

See America ain't so bad afterall.

oh and if you ever say your "this close" to getting a girlfriend you really aren't.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ahahahahahaha atleast he didnt start complaing again then id have to puke

Guest NoamChomsky

:)

Don't listen to me, I think Long Island iced teas make me look sophisticated...

I broke my leg on a parachute jump, but I got convalescent leave so it's all good. Thinking about doing some coke for old times sake while I'm back in SF. Is that hooker with one arm still workin the TL? :D

JimboTheLion :

If there is compulsury service in your country why do you assume you'll be spending a year with "stupid" people? Wouldn't there be a range of personality types akin to those of you country ?

Personally i like the idea of the army but in Australia there is no compulsury service so all enlisted people would be volenteers who i fear would be the typical career soldiers like Rip - mostly either losers, wierdos , crims, army brat good goody fags and unitelligent losers. Thats what mostly puts me off, apart from that i think it would be pretty fun if you like the outdoors and playing with guns etc

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by type R

so how does the army work in europe? or even norway more specifically?? everyone is drafted for a year? or everyone is considered?

As far as i know, mandatory service only exists in very few european countries, Greece and Norway for sure..and they may be the only ones.

The Euro-Army as a united single army to protect and serve the whole EU is a project that isnt in effect yet, but i'm sure it'll be of a voluntary nature.

Archived