wow, being a scenester is really expensive

slightly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Tyler Durden

protesting/caring about stuff is really IN for the 2k4 along with male capris and more more more mesh hats.

brown is also the new black.

so true

tyler i see you writing witty comedy tv pilots or scripts

hahaha

i am feeling the male capris though

this is my prediction:

a big come back for white slip on keds, cardigan sweaters, tight bottom pants, kid and playesque flat top hair cuts, shaving designs or letters in your hair, multiple finger rings, stater jackets, carhart, drakkar noir, cross colors, fully red, green, blue or black hightop reeboks, velcro on any clothing, swatch, gold jewelry, the mock turtleneck, skids, and B.U.M equipment...

come on hipsters, you know you're tempted when you're at the good will store and you see some of those clothes...

bring it back!!!!

dude half that stuff you posted is on its way already......

starter jackets were, are, and will forever be ill. you were a NOBODY back in 5th grade if you werent rocking a starter jacket. (the most popular being the pullover/half zip deal.) all the bitchez (yes...with a z.) were rocking ny rangers ones.....then i came full on stomping through dey area codes with the florida panthers one. because im fucking crazy. like a panther.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

Jefferson Elementary Panthers what kid what.

the advantage of living in a city with out any "scenes"; never knowing whats trendy.

your a fucking retard.

(not you slightly)

i dont know anything about this 'stackhouse' place other than struggle inc. does not run it, and to my knowledge has nothing to do with it. they might sell some of his stuff there, but ive never heard anything of him having a vested interest in any store, and being that he lives no where near nyc, i would doubt it to be true.

sorry we didnt hook up. by the time i got back to philly, i found out the phone was shut off (ask beards if you dont believe me) i cant get on aim at work and you know i cant get into my seeking mail here either, so i couldnt get a hold of you. i was hoping youd email me at my other addy, but no such luck. hope you had a good time, sorry we couldnt get together.

I think it's a good point to bring up the hipocracy of scenesters antitrend trend following. It creates an entire underground social structure. Scene points and cool points and what not based upon obscure knowledge not nessecarily relevant to anything.

I don't mind brands and logos but when that represents power rather than awareness I'm not buying. Mind over matter. Wisdom VS Strength.

Parents are questioning whether Britney Spears' style influence on kids today is sassy or trashy.....

Originally posted by the_gooch

this is my prediction:

a big come back for white slip on keds, cardigan sweaters, tight bottom pants, kid and playesque flat top hair cuts, shaving designs or letters in your hair, multiple finger rings, stater jackets, carhart, drakkar noir, cross colors, fully red, green, blue or black hightop reeboks, velcro on any clothing, swatch, gold jewelry, the mock turtleneck, skids, and B.U.M equipment...

just bought a pair of high top red boks...so fresh...so clean...oh yeah. and for what?? 2 for $89 biatch, got the black w/blue gum low boks too.

you have to admit $100 for a t-shirt is just ridiculous....i mean, maybe not if you can sell such a thing, then it's good, but who and how are selling these $100 t-shirts? names? pics? anyone? i had never heard of such a thing, honestly.

is there a plan of attack for busting into a scene and basically ripping kids off? psychology? just putting your name out? what is the secret?

man, maybe its just cause i don't think all people are incredibly stupid, but i'm pretty sure the only people shellin out that kinda cash for clothes are people that can afford it... in our eyes its a rip off, but in there eyes its something they can afford. i don't hate, cause if i had that kinda cash, best believe i'd buy expensive shit just cause i could.

ive realized that caring about anything is pretty much a waste of time.

if i gave a shit what other people spent their money on, id always be angry. if i gave a shit what other people wore, id always be angry. if i gave a shit what other people said, id always be angry.

like my good friend DMX said 'do you'.

i wear what i wear, say what i say, am who i am (and spell how i spell) unapolagetically.

it works better that way. gives me alot more time to laugh, which i enjoy.

I always hated SUPREME...

Poopy or pooky, whatever the fuck that fat fucks name is the biggest dick, and he cant ride a skateboard...

As far as A-LIFE....I cant knock the hustle, dude if you come from New York, Im assuming you dont, dont shop there...Your supposed to know, that a 100$ t shirt is retarded...Its there to make money off rich euro fags, and japanese kids...Straight up...Plus Site and Jest are the man...And fuck that STARTER JACKET SHIT!!!!It was all about tye died vision street wear!!!

Originally posted by seeking

[bi wear what i wear, say what i say, am who i am (and spell how i spell) unapolagetically. [/b]

clever ass bastard, i should have came up with that one....

But yeah, over all i dont really give a shit about any of this stuff, it was just kind of a shock to see it all in front of me. I had a good time at a life though, met a good freind there, and it gave me something to do for a minute during the rainy day.

I must be mistaken about stackhouse, soembody had told me otherwise and the facts seem to match up, whatevs.

Although it would have been cool to run into you in ny, things happen (and yes i beleive you, contacting beards wont be neccessary), and im sure we can do something here in the mitten upon your return. Ill see you online or something im sure.

-slightly missed seeking by a minute or two

*check your hotmail seeks

Guest 150's~
Originally posted by Smart

Well, 1st of all, Goodwill is HELLA expensive, you shuold shop yard/garage sales... and then, think about how much work you are putting into 'not advertising'... YET, at the same time you admit it's nice to wear nice clothes so??? Do you think that confuses people??? Are you the type to buy a Mercedes and break off all the insignia?

Look, I know what you're doing, I went through the same thing... granted, for me, it was 5th grade but... I went to a new school in a new town, my mom worked at a tennis shop so I got the stuff they couldn't sell or marked down... So, within my first week of school some kid (Kennedy was his name) calls me a 'Preppy'... I'd never heard that before but I didn't like the sound so... I got my mom to take all the alligators off my Izod shirts... Then I figured out, 'Fuck what people think' and in 6th grade I just let it ride... then in 7th grade I got my first Adidas sweat suit, Blue w/ white stripes... I rocked that shiot for a year, liked it, got more of them... THEN, Run DMC came out and I was the coolest muthafukka at school... and I was still just wearing cast off shit from the tennis shop so...

point is, let it go, if you got nice clothes, just let them be nice clothes, don't go cutting them up and trying to hide what you are, just wear whatever and let your 'self' shine through...

you Zack Morris' like motherfucker'

i wear what i wear.

as far as pants i only wear dickies pants and shorts because they are indestructible and cheap

you can work in them all day and go out in them at night no prob

and as far as shirts i buy what i think looks cool to me or is funny to me

and thats that

im also rocking the same studded belt i bought 6 years ago, rust and all

the buckle may have changed but the belt stands strong

Archived