Under Pressure 2003

newz12

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by taco bell bomber

yo seeking you looked mad sexy eatin that strawberry ice cream cone my nigga.

i was gonna say whatup but i was like, nah chill let that nigga get loose on that ice cream.

taco, you were there? i saw evidence of you and MSTD, but figured it was old. you should said whatup.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know what was more bombed... me or the city...

seekings piece came off real hot, I was feeling it, especially since the piece of wall he went over was too badass for anyone else to paint

I dont think anyone half assed anything... I think we all did the best we could considering conditions

Originally posted by seeking

i dont think its that people are necesarilly getting lazy, its that that is just the face of graffiti today. with the bulk of pieces being done on trains instead of walls, people are just kind of adapting their whole style to fit the space, so when they do paint a wall, they paint what comes 'naturally' to them. i do agree that people should either come with something extra, or step aside and let someone else rock, but who cares what i think? and maybe thats hypocritical for me to say, since my piece was in no way 'wildstyle', but given my shity last minute wall space (those are holes in the wall, not unpainted bricks) i was happy with it and felt i put in enough effort to justify my existence. (not that i feel i need to argue my case now)

the other obvious answer is that there were simply alot of unexperienced/mediocre writers on the wall. probably due in part to the registration fee keeping more 'experienced' writers at home, leaving more room for young bols.

but again, what do i know.

i couldnt help but notice this comment..."with the bulk of pieces being done on trains instead of walls, people are just kind of adapting their whole style to fit the space, so when they do paint a wall, they paint what comes 'naturally' to them." as far as i knew graffiti started on trains? writers from previous generations had styles with impact did connections with purpose every aspect of the piece had to make sense... now i feel like everybodys doin get over pieces just slop up the quickest letters throw an arrow on each end and call it a wrap.im rambling i guess but the point is graffitis loosin its edge.

Originally posted by ExtraUnherda

i couldnt help but notice this comment..."with the bulk of pieces being done on trains instead of walls, people are just kind of adapting their whole style to fit the space, so when they do paint a wall, they paint what comes 'naturally' to them." as far as i knew graffiti started on trains? writers from previous generations had styles with impact did connections with purpose every aspect of the piece had to make sense... now i feel like everybodys doin get over pieces just slop up the quickest letters throw an arrow on each end and call it a wrap.im rambling i guess but the point is graffitis loosin its edge.

from what i understood, graffiti didnt really START with trains, it started in the city with the whole "xxxxx was here", and trying to get that in the spots people saw, and wondered "how the fuck?". and once it all filled up, people began trying to stand out from all the other shit.

thats where it began to evolve.

graffiti, as ive seen, has progressed through its entire existance (of course, im talking about the graffiti we do, and not the shit people always bring up about fuckin cavemen and shit), when the 'freight trend' came in, people did start focusing on numbers, and not to say numbers are a bad thing, because i give alot of respect to people like scar, task, and others who pull 250 a year, but there are those who pull numbers like that that i cant really stand to see, because its not exactly crap, but its not far from it. its not hard to come up with peices that are simplified somewhat to be able to do fast, i mean, ono has to be painting those shits fast as fuck if hes pulling the 1000 a year thats rumored.

scar does a bunch of triangles with a circle, shades them up and throws a forcefeild on it. some cant see the letters, some can, some talk shit, some jock.

this 'funk style' that people have really started throwing around lately, i cant really say i like.

i mean, sigh, geso, crae, mpulse, and a few others i could name, yea, thats one thing, but shit, everyone and their mom is jumping on this shit.

what ever happened to wildstyles and burners? i know people still do them, but what ever happened to the progression of graffiti?

it has to go somewhere.

now as far as who painted at this jam, i think i skimmed over talk of unexperienced writers at this jam.

i saw a few that i kinda gave half a thought to how maybe they werent to a point where they needed to be at a jam yet, and others that might have been included in that 'unexperienced' group were right where they needed to be.

they may not be rockin peices like totem, or poser, but theyve put in work and are at a point where people might want to start watching where they go from here. where they might start getting the recognition that will slingshot them into faster progression.

its good that jams give people like this a chance to show what they have.

anyway, sorry im rambling.....

no i agree with that comment. I mean i know i'm not the best and whatever and maybe some people might think i shouldn't have painted there but it's also good to give new writers a shot.. some people there seemed pretty young but still managed to rock some dope stuff

Originally posted by Hustleman

trust me, even if he got "put down" by .....? hes not down

i guess you didn't get my email breakin it down for you so here it is again..

scam got put down in TM7 by roler when he was in new york 3 years ago painting roler's house. from what i understand (and i may be wrong) ROLER is the president. he also got put down in KAOS inc. by web during the same trip.

he is also down with YNN and has been for about 7 or 8 years...

i know all this because:

1. scam is down with one of my crews. he's one of my boys.

2. i have been to jams with scam in the US, meeting up with other TM7 members.

i don't know who you are, but i'm guessing a member of tm7, i think you're the misinformed one.

if you've got any questions regarding this, leave it off the board, email me (or email me back), or you can go right to the top and talk to either Roler, Web or Stem for the 3 respective crew inquiries.

Roler is on this board too, so search for him and email him. i'm sure he'd fill you in.

supreme ruler, grand puba, head negro in charge, dictator for life, yakuza boss

yeah i put him down, he`s a really nice kid and puts in the work and promotes the corporation...i must say not one of his best pieces i`ve seen from him and i`m sure there is a reason for this cause i`ve seen some nice work from him but he is down...one

Guest SPFlatty
Originally posted by rick flair

DAMN MAN, I THINK EVERYONE IN THE GRAFF GAME IS GETTING TOOO COMFORTABLE...

I REMEMBER GOING TO JAMS AND SEEING FLIX FROM OTHER JAMS AND YOU COULD TELL THAT DUDES WERE TAKING WEEKS TO DO THEIR SKETCHES JUST SO THEY COULD BURN FOOLS--

AND NOW YOU GO TO A JAM AND YOU GET A WALL FULL OF BLOCK LETTERS AND THROWIES

GRAFFITI CAN'T BE GOING DOWN HILL YET

SOME BODY REALLY NEEDS TO START PUMPING FOOLS UP SO THEY COME CORRECT AT THESE JAMS

;) :( :o :mad:

if i had only been invited earlier...slum styles never dissapoint...haha, lovin dever's fishes...like his shirt!!!

Archived