Under Pressure 2003

newz12

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to dip out early, so I didn't properly say goodbye to most of the people I met. There were a lot of nice people, and a lot of real nice pieces. I'm definitely amazed by how seaz and flow pull off such an event in a city so crushed. Good thing the rain cleared out, even though my books are still fucking damp. argghh.

oh- If anyone I met wants to get at me to chat or trade photos, send me an email through the board.

-Humor.

DAMN MAN, I THINK EVERYONE IN THE GRAFF GAME IS GETTING TOOO COMFORTABLE...

I REMEMBER GOING TO JAMS AND SEEING FLIX FROM OTHER JAMS AND YOU COULD TELL THAT DUDES WERE TAKING WEEKS TO DO THEIR SKETCHES JUST SO THEY COULD BURN FOOLS--

AND NOW YOU GO TO A JAM AND YOU GET A WALL FULL OF BLOCK LETTERS AND THROWIES

GRAFFITI CAN'T BE GOING DOWN HILL YET

SOME BODY REALLY NEEDS TO START PUMPING FOOLS UP SO THEY COME CORRECT AT THESE JAMS

;) :( :o :mad:

Guest Good Morning Captain
Originally posted by rick flair

DAMN MAN, I THINK EVERYONE IN THE GRAFF GAME IS GETTING TOOO COMFORTABLE...

I REMEMBER GOING TO JAMS AND SEEING FLIX FROM OTHER JAMS AND YOU COULD TELL THAT DUDES WERE TAKING WEEKS TO DO THEIR SKETCHES JUST SO THEY COULD BURN FOOLS--

AND NOW YOU GO TO A JAM AND YOU GET A WALL FULL OF BLOCK LETTERS AND THROWIES

;) :( :o :mad:

yeah totally! I mean regardless of everyones individual style, EVERYONE should be doing insane wild style pieces at these jams. Its all about burning fools! Word!

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

B.Lightyear- its a fire extinguisher tag. its a firextinguisher filled with paint.

rick flair- i agree to an extent, but the wall space was limited, and spots predetermined, so even if you came with a theme or prodo, it would have been hard to pull it off. especially with lack of space...

UNDER PRESSURE HIGHLIGHTS:

1. Cat fight on St-Catherine St. : more punching than scratching and hair pulling, the winner goes to the girl with the pierced nose. Mike Tyson eat yer heart out.

2. Harmonica playing bum getting bombed : keeping up the yearly tradition.

3. The chick with the orange/yellow/white miniskirt and long socks: will you have my children.

4. Out of towners who got up properly: BARE, DRIFTO, GUSTO, GR4, JINCZ, CELF and BISC.

5. Girls wearing white tops under the rain.

Most pieces were weak this year, maybe cuz of the rain. Too many nevaheards painting. But some i liked, my favs: Gems, Gusto, Shok, Niser, Josher, Baron. Peoples were cool, no attitudes and beefs. Till next year, but until then... keep it illegal.

Guest BROWNer

not to be a dick, i'm glad he's got his own thing goin',

but i was pretty disappointed with idiots piece.

i saw his shit for the first time a couple years ago in a UP thread

and it was pretty much the same..thought there would have

been some tangible progression.

yeah, dusty

i know how the space is at the montreal jam- it is hella tight, but that just mean you gotta do a lil more thinking about your shit.

extend the your piece behind or in from of some one elses piece.

i mean i look at the flix from scribble jam and the same kind of block busters are being done, and they have a lil more room.

and i can understand people just wanting to go upp just to get twisted and chill with friends, but then i say don't paint the jam walls.

people see thes flix and just put in their minds that it was a pittifull jam and then people that the promotors want to come won't...

i'm just saying don't get comfy with the style -----keep progressing-if they don't allow you the space don't get discuraged and do what ever- " rock the hell out of what you got!!"

i dont think its that people are necesarilly getting lazy, its that that is just the face of graffiti today. with the bulk of pieces being done on trains instead of walls, people are just kind of adapting their whole style to fit the space, so when they do paint a wall, they paint what comes 'naturally' to them. i do agree that people should either come with something extra, or step aside and let someone else rock, but who cares what i think? and maybe thats hypocritical for me to say, since my piece was in no way 'wildstyle', but given my shity last minute wall space (those are holes in the wall, not unpainted bricks) i was happy with it and felt i put in enough effort to justify my existence. (not that i feel i need to argue my case now)

the other obvious answer is that there were simply alot of unexperienced/mediocre writers on the wall. probably due in part to the registration fee keeping more 'experienced' writers at home, leaving more room for young bols.

but again, what do i know.

Idiot was sick as fuck and painted in the rain.I bet you won't get out of bed when you have the flu...so for him to come TO MONTREAL and get down NIGGUH GETS NOTHING BUT THUG POINTS!

I came correct and so did ALOT of people so saying it was weak is bullshit.You didn't paint in the rain,you didn't get smashed(alot of dudes were hung way over),you didn't get a small spot.

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT PAID 5 CENTS FOR A POSTER

montreal on the whole is a dope city to get a little wild in. i didn't have as good a time as i've had in the past but i also didn't knock myself out in a drunken stupor in past nights prior to the jam either. viva la $5 liters of beer at fouff's.

Archived