NOW THIS IS A CAR:1973 CAMARO

ETHREADZNY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The horsepower can be estimated.

My dad has several chevelles that he has tuned and done the engine work on.

If thats a stock 454 which it probably isnt, its packed with like 450 horse. Most likely has a bigger cam and engine work done so im gonna estimate around 470. If he's running like 14 pounds of boost on that SC, I'd say he could easily be pushing 700 horse.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

I was wondering the same thing. I originally was searching to find out when chevy changed the front end on the camaro, I am thinking 1974. but anyways, I couldn't find anything on the hp. I just really felt the looks of the car,

1975....they still made the RS and added a 2+2....in 1977 they changed the grille again and the rear taillights....The body stayed that way until 1981 when they changed the whole body style to the "I-Roc" version.

nice 455, you got some ill car knowledge. Yeah prior to 1977 the camaro had the perfect hot rod form to it.

The "waffle" pattern in the grille was much smaller and compact with a less thick bumper and more slanted nose piece.....the rear taillights are different than the '74 but not as big and bulky as the ones' that grace the '77 through '81.---I was going to buy a 1978 Camaro Berlinetta with 54,000 original miles for a grand but passed it up...I don't know why....

I want to pick up a '75 through '81 Pontiac Trans-Am----preferably a '79----with a 455 4-Speed and stock condition....I don't care if it's considered a "butt-rocker" car.....that car(from the factory and now being 24 years old) will still eat up just about anything on the street-even today.They are very fun to drive.Good Luck Ethreadz.

I'm not sure what the emission laws are like in New York,but these days you can usually tear a car like that apart and do whatever you want to it...repairing a '79 Berlinletta?....that car,if I'm not mistaken came stock with a 305 or a 6.....350/327 cars are rare because they had started "down-sizing" cars starting that year and the previous year(for Chevrolet)-The Impala was completely changed in 1977..1976 being the last year you could get the bigger body style and the convertible option..1978 was the year the Monte Carlo went under an overhaul..with the other car companies soon following in suit.

not into recent have I started learning about the mechanics of the muscle car. I have always been into them, but never knew shit about engine parts, and souping up hp. My pop has been schooling about them, so I am starting to get some barrings.

That's tight......My Pops and I started hanging out and checking junkyards for car parts and whatnot...it's kind of funny when my old man looks at cars and trucks there...it's brings him back to the "glory days"...but it cool to have a connection like that....another thing that is dope about scrapyards is that if you find one next to the freeway...you can hit up the sides of vans facing the freeway...hahaha...I've done that quite a few times...it's funny.

Originally posted by Glik0

Do real men live with their parents and drive their mom's car around?

i dont know you should ask pistol that question... he lives with his momma and probally drives her car, IF she lets him... :lol:

me on the other hand, i just moved back in with my parents, and i drove MY OWN car...

:lol:

Originally posted by 455

I want to pick up a '75 through '81 Pontiac Trans-Am----preferably a '79---with a 455 4-Speed and stock condition....will still eat up just about anything on the street-even today.

word son...

i am looking into getting a 1970 buick gran sport with a 455 to rebuild...anyone would love having 510 ft. lbs. of stock torque. that's undeniable. i am keeping my options open though...

a 72 Camaro for you fiends (and me)

i like the split bumpers a bit more, but these are still super nice

http://www.skinnylittletwits.net/images/72%20camaro.jpg'>

daaaaaaaaamn. my cousin has a fully restored 69 camero. i sat in it about....4 or 5 years ago and ever since its been my favorite car....i hate my cousin so much.... i like that 72 though its real sleek. fellin the color to cause its so.........vibrant.yeah.

Archived