Designer Drugs. Designer Clothes. Designer Paint. Pop Music.

Guest iced out mocha

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by George Dubyah Bush:

For christs' sake man. There's been millions of topics on hip hop.wen the dance started, Hip hop and rap wasn't even around. and bboying a dance is done to breaks, soul, disco, SOME rap........HAS nothing to do with hip hop culture. Me for example, i love to dance (bboy) but outside of bboying culture........im not into rap or hip hop or any of that crap.

and there's been millions of threads on how graffiti has nothing to do with hip hop.

so yeah, thats my word.

Eh, I don't know about that statement, Dubyah. The Bboy dance was developed as an element of hip hop, from previous dance styles, such as Rocking, that emerged from funk, disco, and soul. The word B-boy ("B" stands for "Break") was coined by DJ Kool Herc, which you may know was one of the pioneer turntablists who experimented with looping breaks, aka: intstrumental portions in rock/funk albums. Only a select few Brooklyn Rockers actually got down for some quick footwork before DJ's actually started using breaks. The three main points of bboying (toprock, downrock, freezes) were firmly established during the beginning of hip hop culture, not earlier. The development of the dance now known as Bboying is directly linked with the emergence of breaks, which in turn represents one of the key founding stones of hip hop music and culture. To say Bboying has nothing to do with hip hop is quite wrong, and if I may add, ignorant as well.

Now of course, I'm with you on not being into hip hop, I mean, I love hip hop, but not because I bboy to it. I actually preffer dancing to jungle or harder stuff than the breaks often played at bboy jams. Now, if you say you wanna dance outside of the bboying culture, I'm afraid it's a bit hypocritical to call yourself a bboy. Groups like Circle of Fire (I'm sure you've heard of them if you're into dancing; if not, you HAVE to find out about them) have already renounced their bboy titles due to all the bullshit seen on this scene, and they are coming up with MAD innovative styles and shit, free from the "rules" of bboying. I've always toyed with the idea of dropping the bboy label, but I sincerely do care about the culture and would like to see it develop further. I just wanted to clear up that whole "Bboying doesn't come from Hip Hop" deal, cause it does. Graff is a completely different story altogether. Beer,

El Mamerro

el,

alright.......so i mite be wrong about bboying not doing with hip hop. But as dancers i admire, circle of fire, and kujo fucking hitting shit hard. i love them for being completely abtract from the dance and doing there own thing, and not caring to be out side of the culture.

I said, "yeah i just dance", because i know how the bboy and hip hop community is and I DEFINATELY don't want to be apart of that big sub culture of ASSHoles.

Everyone already spoke about graffiti not being hip hop. ok. thats good.

I just was apart of that community and went to the jams and battled and did all that shit for two years.....and i just don't like the people associated with hip hop. My judging my be biased, but the pros out there, alot have there head up their asses. And then there's the fucking stupid little pre bboys that try to break in big baggy fubu's. And now you have me and my generation of up and comers of dancers, and majortiy of those fuckers are arrogant, trying to be hard cuz from a town OUTSIDE MIAMI. Its just stupid shit like that, which makes me, i like to dance the dance( i like to get out and be noticed, i like to battle and whatnot, but i just don't want to be appart of what those people represent. A subculture of idiots and ungrown children.

And i got pissed at the other person singling out my response about dancing cuz they don't know me, and if they did they'd know that im not a hip hopper, and the shit i do and the background i come far are totally mixed. I just hate being labeled, and some people find it hard since im involved in alot ,the music i like, appearance, and from the things i do.

LONG POSTS SUCK YEAH,

just thanks for informing me and being open minded about shit.

p.s. i don't care much for the culture, im just saying i like certain aspects of it but take it to my own thing.

p's

[This message has been edited by George Dubyah Bush (edited 08-06-2001).]

yeah dubya, i guess you're speaking to me....

i definitely own up to dissing the "i just paint and dance...dance and paint" comment. maybe we just have different backgrounds, or different experiences with what graff "is", but in my experience (the psuedo ny-philly-la experience), you can't say something like that and be serious. i mean, if you want to make graff some PC bullshit, well, fine....call me archie bunker...but ill be damned if you think bombing is synonomous (or even compatable) with "dancing"...dancing is pretty damn homosexual...i think even the nyc homothug gay writers (whom i totally respect) would even agree that your quote was fuckin weak. those dudes may be gay, but they dont act GAY....they rack alot and would kick your little dancing ass. homosexuality is cool, but acting gay is fucking played out. if you are gay, i dont mean to disrespect you, but, well, that "im a dans-ther!!!" shit is gay.

but you gotta do your thing i guess. good luck with the whole dancing/graffiti career.

yikes.

all I can say is don't knock it until you try it and if you can't do it -- shut the fuck up. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'> (I'm sorry, but dancin' or breaking is not gay -- it is after all a form of expression - just like painting.)

as for kats wanting to be popular and shit with the spendy threads that they happened to find on a rack at Ross -- cool let them be. Everyone knows those kats are busters anyways. As for the emo kids.. it's all the same. Everyone looks like everyone else and everyone carries the same attitude. That - holier than thou my shit ain't smellin' type... they're all just train riders who want to be excepted by the masses.

Live and let live...

Originally posted by George Dubyah Bush:

But as dancers i admire, circle of fire, and kujo fucking hitting shit hard

That's fucking dope, Kujo's a very good friend of mine and my dancing mentor of sorts. Dude is not only one of the best dancers out there, but also smart as fuck and incredibly humble, always willing to help out. He's actually so fuckin good he recently got hired by Cirque Du Soleil for their "Quidam" show. Do you have his solo video? If so, guess who edited it, hehe. I'm actually in there a couple of times too. We're working on his next video as we speak, an abstract dance joint featuring a bunch of dancers, including Rawbzilla, Midas, Kujo, and Elsewhere. It's gonna be dope. Anyways, I like your point of view and agree... Bboying is so full of bullshit and assholes that it's very hard to keep the hope up. Beer,

El Mamerro

PS: Dancing is gay.

Guest iced out mocha
Originally posted by Frate Raper:

what does your clothes have to do with graffiti?

Everything. Ok lemme break it down for you:

Freight kids: usually dress like emo nerds. (hence the word usually. there are some exceptions)

SF kids: usually dress to whatever the racking trends are. (i.e. northface / diesel)

NY kids: usually wear puffy down jackets

and polo sport (not the classy ralph lauren, but the ross and tj maxx polo SPORT) oh yeah and dont forget that nautica wigger crap.

Midwest Kids: Skate shoes, cargo pants and band tshirts. good lordy lord.

Legal Wall Begals: Ecko and Tribal.

Thugs: Dickies, wife beaters and nike cortez.

Kids who know whats up: Robes and boat shoes.

thats all for now i gotta run to go buy some salsa. peace out bitches.

Guest rules for mules
Originally posted by iced out mocha:

Everything. Ok lemme break it down for you:

Freight kids: usually dress like emo nerds. (hence the word usually. there are some exceptions)

SF kids: usually dress to whatever the racking trends are. (i.e. northface / diesel)

NY kids: usually wear puffy down jackets

and polo sport (not the classy ralph lauren, but the ross and tj maxx polo SPORT) oh yeah and dont forget that nautica wigger crap.

Midwest Kids: Skate shoes, cargo pants and band tshirts. good lordy lord.

Legal Wall Begals: Ecko and Tribal.

Thugs: Dickies, wife beaters and nike cortez.

Kids who know whats up: Robes and boat shoes.

thats all for now i gotta run to go buy some salsa. peace out bitches.

your a moron. clothing trends has and will never ever relate to writing, maybe boosting and racking, but never writing. at least, that's how it should be.

if it isn't, well.. count me out.

Y'all kids be cracking with all this fashion bullshit; fo' real though, I would have to say the realest niggas be the ones that do they bombing buck-naked, y'know? It's like "Yo I ain't down wit you pop-star faggit mo'fo's, and you candy-ass rich bitch anemic looking mo'fos get no love neither. I sure as hell and no serial-killing punk rock white boy, so what does that leave me? Rock a sock on the cock while taggin up the block, son! It's breezy fo'sheezy!" -word.

Dubya, it's halvarez@risd.edu

COF should finish their damn website before they start another video, hehe. The first one is incredible, the next one should be out of this world. I met most of the COF cats about two years ago, and hung out with Seth, Orb and Coty this year at Freestyle Session. Kujo's good friends with all of them, so I was just along for the ride, all celebrity-awed. Not to mention Coty is fucking FINE as hell. Jades, did you go to Lords of the Floor? People tell me it was the best-organized event they've ever seen... and K-mel battled Ken Swift there!! I'd give my left nut to see the footage from that one. I'll let you know about that video, it should be off the knocker. Beer,

El Mamerro

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Dubya, it's halvarez@risd.edu

I'd give my left nut to see the footage from that one. I'll let you know about that video, it should be off the knocker. Beer,

El Mamerro

i thought you gave that already when you got caught "doing floorwork" horizontally in the computer lab.?

beer

-the reverend.

• 3 years later...

p.s. im listening to rumpshaker right now. so eat a dick salad bitches. YOU FUCKERS.

you mean rumpshaker by wrecks and effects??

wreckx_rumpshaker.jpg

All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom

and a poom-poom

WEAK!

Archived