Okay. A man has 50 dollars in the bank.

He takes out 20 leaving 30

he takes out 15 leaving 15

he takes out 9 leaving 6

he takes out 6 leaving 0.

____ _____

50 51

Where does the extra dollar come from.

Please tell me. This fucked up my brain.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Firetruck
Originally posted by Swiffer Jet

i'm lost...

HAHAHA, never had a bank account?

That is SO cute, yes it is, but don't worry, you will grow up and have a bank attount too, dust wike daddy, yesh you will!

:clown: :clown:

Originally posted by Firetruck

HAHAHA, never had a bank account?

That is SO cute, yes it is, but don't worry, you will grow up and have a bank attount too, dust wike daddy, yesh you will!

:clown: :clown:

hahaha!

yes, i have a bank account. i'll probably learn this in accounting this fall?

Originally posted by Smart

a man has $0...

he get's $20

then $15

then $9

then $6

=

$50

-$1.50 (x4)

=

$44

simple.

He takes out 20 leaving 30 (-1.50 =28.50)

he takes out 13.50 leaving 15 (-1.50=13.50)

he takes out 7.50 leaving 6 (-1.50=4.50)

he takes out 3.00 leaving 1.50. (-1.50=0)

____ _____

44 46.50

Where does the extra two fifty come from, i mean i spent all that money in fees and i should still have two fidy more, i want my money, the bank sucks maybe i should take my money out, shit, shit, shit.

Originally posted by S@T@N

He takes out 20 leaving 30

he takes out 15 leaving 15

he takes out 9 leaving 6

he takes out 6 leaving 0.

____ _____

50 51

Where does the extra dollar come from.

you need to click reply with quote to fully understand what hes trying to say, at least i did anyway. he adds up all the money left in the bank and it adds to 51 and adds all the money taken out which adds to 50.

the problem is that adding up the amount which is left after every deposit shouldnt add up to anything in particular. adding the money which was taken out, should add to 50. its basically just a coincidence that it even landed on 51. where it got tricky is that when he took out 9, it left the 'leaving' section with 6, which is the only number in the group not a factor of 5. making it impossible to get a 50 with all the other numbers being factors of 5. had he taken out 10 and had 5 left it would work. but thats just coincidence pretty much.

although it is 2am and i could be wrong.

Re: Re: This has me stumped.

Originally posted by mapo returns

you need to click reply with quote to fully understand what hes trying to say

yes... the two lines and then 50 51 doesnt make any sense when you see it on the page because it comes out different on the page then it does in the box when you're typing it (which is how you'll see it if you quote the post). for anyone who hasnt caught on, its supposed to have two columns, one with the number withdrawn and one with the amount left after the withdrawl... and at the bottom theres a line under the withdrawl one and 50 underneath--thats what the numbers in the column add up to-- and one under the money left after withdrawl column, with 51--thats how much that side adds up to.

just spelling it out for anyone who still doesnt get it.. withdrawl fees have nothing to do with it, the point is why dont the columns add up.. i also think its just a coincidence the other one came to 51... or it has something to do with the difference between adding and subtracting... well obviously but yeah... thbpt.

Re: Re: This has me stumped.

Originally posted by mapo returns

you need to click reply with quote to fully understand what hes trying to say, at least i did anyway. he adds up all the money left in the bank and it adds to 51 and adds all the money taken out which adds to 50.

the problem is that adding up the amount which is left after every deposit shouldnt add up to anything in particular. adding the money which was taken out, should add to 50. its basically just a coincidence that it even landed on 51. where it got tricky is that when he took out 9, it left the 'leaving' section with 6, which is the only number in the group not a factor of 5. making it impossible to get a 50 with all the other numbers being factors of 5. had he taken out 10 and had 5 left it would work. but thats just coincidence pretty much.

although it is 2am and i could be wrong.

:) Nice job, Mapo.

AAHHH!, but what if he had taken out 7.50 instead of nine, that's not a factor of five and then it would have added up to 50.

or one leaving 14

then 14 leaving 0

50 64

or 12 leaving 3

then 3 leaving 0

50 48

there wasn't even a riddle here, stop smoking that shit.

Archived