I'm not totally positive, but i think the new janes addiction CD fucking sucks...

seeking

so i bought it on bootleg the other day in china town, because its all about supporting chinese families of 30, not big nosed, even larger ego'd ex-junkies who used to make incredible music, but apparently now suck almost as much as their pretty boy, asshole also ex-junkie guitar player.

and i have listened to it all the way through yet, but im pretty sure its totally wack with not a single good song on it. ill report back later with more details.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

then youre an idiot with no decent taste

ive heard a few cuts, and all i can say is, manufactured formula...

its impossible to suck in the normal use of the word....however lined up against their other shit, it sucks....

on good news, i found a brand spanking new "nothing shocking" in the record store the other day for 8 bucks....ive lost that album like 3 times now...

rock and roll that album is, rock and roll

no, it doesnt suck like an album by 'cold' or 'puddle of mud' sucks, it sucks in the way that only a band that used to be incredible, but now is a complete piece of shit can suck. its a much more destrctive 'suck', that makes your whole day suck, and makes you think of relationships that have fallen apart, and all that youve lost thus far in life.

i hate this kind of suck infinitely more.

dood, cause im not a writer, i just play one on the internet.....hahaha....

seriously, i could come up with lame upon lame upon lame excuse....like i just got paid, and had to pay bills so now i have 40 dollars for two weeks.....but ill just simplify it by saying i suck...

thats why.....that and you havent published your book,

"how to be a word traveling player on a crackheads income"

i need that book bro.........

I have to say it is not one of the better of janes addiction the album they had on triple x, nothing shock and ritual were great albums. it is hard to follow up albums like that. But I think after listening to the album after a while it grows on you.

Originally posted by seeking

no, it doesnt suck like an album by 'cold' or 'puddle of mud' sucks, it sucks in the way that only a band that used to be incredible, but now is a complete piece of shit can suck. its a much more destrctive 'suck', that makes your whole day suck, and makes you think of relationships that have fallen apart, and all that youve lost thus far in life.

i hate this kind of suck infinitely more.

That's a whole lotta suck.

this year right steve?? i saw em last year on their own, and it was cool...however, i would give my left kidney to see them circa 90.....

and i will arguably say that they were easily on the best bands of the 90s, and they put out three albums, if you include kettle whistle....

Originally posted by mental invalid

and they put out three albums, if you include kettle whistle....

no, they put out 4 albums if you want to include kettle whistle, which i do not want to.

i saw them at lotsofpoplosers 1, and then also in like 98 when they did the reunion tour. they used to be good. now even myundying love for stephen perkins is starting to wane.

i have two of their demo tracks on vinyl..

Pigs in Zen and Mountain Song from like 1987

fucking amazing.

it's pathetic what has happened to perry's voice.

it's almost like a different singer.

i used to love that band.

i've lost XXX several times, and nothing's shocking was stolen.

damn.

but i'm not very interested in the new one

theres nothing to be interested in. its wack.

roe, i didnt realize we were talking specificly 90's. if so, you're still wrong. it's down to two. xxx was 87, nothing shocking came out in 88, with ritual in 90.

ive got a two record bootleg set called 'mephisto demos' which ive yet to be completely sure what the fuck it is. one side is early, pre xxx versions of alot of their early stuff. the other 3 sides are just fucking weird. the kicker is the final track, a 24 minute opus titled 'all white people look alike'.

weird shit. i got it back in the very early 90's....

just found this link

http://www.notfornothing.net/one-percent/b...ot_details.html

yeah, i heard the single whilst driving my sister to burger king, i had to say i was disappointed, it was highly wack. wack as in bad. it was just generic shitty rock that i hear on the citys shitty radio station.

theres no way id risk even buying a bootleg.

its worse than generic rock though, cause it doesnt sound like any of the other shitty bands out right now...it's got its own shitty thing going on. like, it sucks in a totally seperate way, that is unlike the sucky that the rest of the shit bands sound like.

oh well.

i blame it on perry being jewish and dave being a glam rock piece of shit.

thats my final answer.

wow, ill shut up now....seeking cleaning house.......by the way man, that is a kick ass website for info.......

i am even more amazed now given the fact that those doods were putting out sounds like that in 87.....i think if you had a band release nothing shocking today, it would still blow people away.....timeless

XXX....one of the best live albums period

i didnt get into janes until 93, sucked for me....but there were my first taste of real deal rock and roll....and although the new shit may suck, there has never been a rock band that has had more of influence over me then them...

okay maybe radiohead.....;)

WOW!!.........look at all these fucking bootlegs.......

Jane's Addiction - CD

Abdication

Addicted Box Set

Addicted Disc 1

Addicted Disc 2

Addicted Disc 3

Addicted Disc 4

Amok

Atlanta's Cotton Club

Been Caught Stealing

Carnival of Souls v1

Carnival of Souls v2

Classic Versions

Complete Expression Session

Devil Made Me Do It, The

Down In (The) Flames

Forget The Rumours… We're Still Alive

Get Off!

Gift, The

Grunge Live Vol. 2

Had A Dad

Hammerstein Ballroom

Head Shop

Idiots Rule v1

Idiots Rule v2

Idiots Rule v3

Idiots Rule v4

Idiots Rule v5

Invitation to Dream

Irvine Meadows 1991

Jane's Addiction Live

Jane's Addiction Live Vol. 1

Jane's Addiction Live Vol. 2

Jane's Addiction No. 9

Kleptomaniac

KROQ Weenie Roast 2001

L.A. Woman

La La Palooza

Last Fixx

Last Show

Live & Insane (1) comments

Live Jubilee

Live & Profane (1 Disc)

Live & Profane (2 Disc)

Live Too

Live USA

Mountain Songs

Paraphernalia

Pigs in Zen

Scareagon Brawlroom

Sex 'n' Drugs 'n' Rock 'n' Roll

Skin and Bones

Song List

Standing in the Shower (1) comments

Tonka 1

Tonka 2

Trip Away

Whole Lotta Love

Whores In The Shadow

Jane's Addiction - Cassette

Mountain Songs Pt 2

Jane's Addiction - 12 Inch Vinyl

Brixton Academy

It's A Jane's World

Love Junkies

Mephisto Demos

That Ain't Country

Trip Away (1) comments

Untitled Red Vinyl

Jane's Addiction - 7 Inch Vinyl

Among Freaks

Early Symptoms / Now Under Control

L.A. Street Scene

One Hit Is All It Takes

Untitled

Whole Lotta Love

just because is actually one of the better moments.

there wasnt a single song, that jumped out at me as even being something i wanted to listen to again.

now, im gonna give it another shot tomorrow maybe, but as of today, it's seeming to be the pits.

Archived