The Bridge Thread.

JimboTheLion

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it's abandoned, the bridge isn't even connected to track on shore anymore the last time I saw it.

And the last one you posted is a completely different bridge. That's the K&I bridge. The one that I know is abandoned runs over falls of the ohio and sand island. Trust me, not trains are going over that thing.

Just look at how one part is higher than the other part of that brigde. How is a train supposed to get across that?

Originally posted by nomadawhat+Dec 16 2004, 02:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nomadawhat - Dec 16 2004, 02:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ODS-1@Dec 16 2004, 11:25 AM

Just look at how one part is higher than the other part of that brigde. How is a train supposed to get across that?

bridges like that are designed to raise up so boats can pass under it, like in that picture. but if it abandoned it could just be always in that position.

[/b]

I haven't seen that thing move in years. Makeithappen has two different bridges in his head.

Originally posted by ODS-1+Dec 16 2004, 03:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS-1 - Dec 16 2004, 03:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by nomadawhat@Dec 16 2004, 02:30 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-ODS-1@Dec 16 2004, 11:25 AM

bridges like that are designed to raise up so boats can pass under it, like in that picture. but if it abandoned it could just be always in that position.

I haven't seen that thing move in years. Makeithappen has two different bridges in his head.

[/b]

I know what the K&I bridge is,but you posted the louisville&indiana panhandle bridge,and again,it is not abandoned,ive seen it move several times.this picture was taken on the 4th of this month.

CSX2239bridge.jpg

covered-foot-bridge.jpg

^ a foot bridge.

built without a single metal bolt,

just to prove that we can still build them like we used to.

*edit: that beer break has sent my typos into overdrive.

Archived