just like music..

*ZEMONEDOE$

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah I get that shit.

In psych class we talked about this. They said the #1 sense to trigger memories is smell. That shit is true for me.

I just got Right Guard anti-perspirant deoderant..the white shit, not the gel like Ive been getting for a long time..and that shit reminded me of 10th grade when I first 'fell in love' with the girl I still have a crush on, and posted about recently.

And my adidas moves body wash reminds me of the first time I tripped on acid.

But as far as songs, yeah that too.

Coolio - Dangerous Minds

just reminds me of 7th grade and shit. I fuckin hated 7th grade. Fuck you Oslo Middle School in Vero Beach.

this sounds fuckin pathetic..but Prince - Most Beautiful Girl in the World reminds me of the girl I like.

Anytime I hear Marvin Gaye I think of the time in high School when the administration was getting a bit over zealous about playing the National Anthem. They had a tape of the band playing it that they would put on the PA every morning- but then it got eaten one day. Then they tried to find a suitable replacement without really screening the tapes they recieved. My art teacher turned in the Jimi Hendrix uhh- interpretation which lasted all of 2 minutes into his LSD guitar-noise tangent. Then the next day they played a tape submitted by a football player of Marvin Gaye singing his 14 minute version. Going to school stoned was never quite as rewarding after that.

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You. I bought the CD in Jr. High but really only wore it out when I was with my ex boyfriend. Now I can't hear it without feeling all those same old so-good-it-hurts feelings.

That song my Sarah Mchlaglin(sp), Angel... or something? I don't know, but it was on the radio all the time when my Grandpa died.. now whenever I hear it it just reminds me of a really long, cold, sad, winter I went through.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

on my 18th birthday my friend convinced me to go to this nasty strip joint just cause he wanted a reason to go there. He paid and gave me money for tips, thats how desparate he was to get in there. This white trash ho put on closer by nine inch nails and then came over to me and started rubbing my face on her flat chest. She had some kind of really ill perfume on and I gagged. Now everytime i hear that song I remember the smell and want to vomit. Good thing i've only heard that song like twice since then.

Guest dukeofyork

not like the song by marvin gaye, or the cover version of it you hear on the radio once an hour on the hour...

when you hear certain songs, ever notice how they trigger memories?

i can hear certain songs, and remember what skate video i heard them on, and whose part it was..

this has also caused me to bounce out of parties and gettogethers cause someone puts on a song that triggers a bad memory...

kinda like about a month ago i was at a girls apartment, and one of her friends put on "lets get it on" by marvin gaye...

had to jet quick..reminded me of a girl i was with a few months ago...

anyone else got any interesting stories when it comes to music?

Archived