does it really matter if its seen?

MOOGLE?

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to me the longer your in the game the less you care about people seeing your work. In the beginning everyone wants others to see their work. As you stay in the game i think u start to care less about being seen. At least that is how i feel. I could care less who sees my work if anyone at all. Like someone said if 1 or 100 people see it in the end it doesnt matter. I now paint for me and the enjoyment i get out of it.

• 4 months later...

The feeling you get from seeing your name all over the trains is amazing. But its even better when well known writers from your area know who you are.

I like getting up in well seen areas but at the same time its good to hit the spots where you know only other writers will see you

its all about who see's it to me. id rather it be someone who understands the "language" than 5,000 ppl that dont. though thats not always the case, thats how i feel generally. sometimes i really like the obscure hits where only another small handful of people may ever see it. to each their own.

its all about who see's it to me. id rather it be someone who understands the "language" than 5,000 ppl that dont. though thats not always the case, thats how i feel generally. sometimes i really like the obscure hits where only another small handful of people may ever see it. to each their own.

this.

Half the thrill of graff is having people see your name. and its also the story of what gets you to that stage where lots of people know your name and respect it. thats where i am aiming to be in the end. I do it for the love too dont get me wrong, theres nothin better for me than going for a paint with some close mates. but that and the thrill is only the half of it

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A few others already basically said this, but the way I see it is that you should spend as much time as you can at every spot. If the spot is really hidden, then you should have no problem taking the extra time to fix things. The more time someone spends at a spot, the more I respect them.

Also, I think doing doing throws and rollers in hidden/chill spots is pretty whack unless you're just trying to practice them, but that's my two cents.

i'm not big on fame, or even crushing a city. but to me some of the best spots hardly ever get hit because they arent visable to most people.

like sewers,under seats, inside hand dryers, behind bushes. ect

i was just wondering your views on visability in graffiti.

yea like peices of toliet paper...

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I don't like to hit up walls that can be seen by the general public just because I know I'm still pretty crap. Because of that, I get up in tunnels and under bridges and places that are usually require quite a bit of work to get to.

That being said, I do enjoy walking far off a trail or far into a tunnel and seeing a well-done piece. It just makes it feel so much more special knowing that you're possibly one of the only people who will ever see it before the weather wears it away or whatever.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's best to just paint shit that other writers can see. Fuck all the people who just call the clean up crews and get your shit buffed. That's why I stick to trains and underneath bridges and stuff. As long as your state writers see you, that's all that should matter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I think it's best to just paint shit that other writers can see. Fuck all the people who just call the clean up crews and get your shit buffed. That's why I stick to trains and underneath bridges and stuff. As long as your state writers see you, that's all that should matter.

then why are you a writer? to show off your ability to do pieces n shit?

i think the only worthwhile part about graffiti is getting noticeable spots and altering the landscape. letters aren't that hard.

Archived