ADEK!!! BTM TKO CDK KYT

Guest seattledied

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bottom line is that The Domino Building is probably one of the best handled spots of the past decade. It was done properly. Nobody should have come by and added anything to it.

It's in fucking NYC. Others are going to add to it.

That "spot jocking" shit doesn't apply in a city in NYC, and you'd sound like an idiot even saying the words "spot jock".

My 2 cents... he shoulda just took back his spot and went over the niggas who went over him without instigating more beef by taking out the Smart Crew roller with it.

That "spot jocking" shit doesn't apply in a city in NYC, and you'd sound like an idiot even saying the words "spot jock".

got to agree with this.... i like what this dude is doing but if he took out the smart crew roller for "spot jocking" then it shows how much of an out of towner he really is.

My 2 cents... he shoulda just took back his spot and went over the niggas who went over him without instigating more beef by taking out the Smart Crew roller with it.

call it what you want but you've got your head up your ass....how long did the domino's building go untouched for?! funny it took an "outta towner" to wake up all of NY....yall niggas is sleepin............

call it what you want but you've got your head up your ass....how long did the domino's building go untouched for?! funny it took an "outta towner" to wake up all of NY....yall niggas is sleepin............

Call it what you want but you're a fucking idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.

NYC = get in where you fit in and it's always been like that.

You fucking freight nerds in bumblefuck towns where yous didn't even have graff until the 90's invented the term "spot jocking".

:( ..sad but true..:(

Call it what you want but you're a fucking idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.

NYC = get in where you fit in and it's always been like that.

You fucking freight nerds in bumblefuck towns where yous didn't even have graff until the 90's invented the term "spot jocking".

yeah, so whats next? you gonna sit around and wait to see what other hot spots Adek gets before you go and blow them up too?! "get in where you fit in" wow, you, my friend sound like a toy. try finding your own spots for once...i dunno, just an idea.....

This shit is so true. I am not an expert on the origin of graffiti by any means. However, when did graffiti in New York start, 1965? Around that time possibly. The Domino Sugar Building has been there since 1856. That means with all the hundreds of thousands of New York native graffiti writers over the years, you all over looked that spot for around 45 years. Don't get all butt hurt about it. Just give props where they are due.

I'm not on any particular side. I think Adek crushes these days and Smart crew also did their thing in NY like a decade ago (just see stickers and some legal trucks these days)... Anyway, the logic seems to not be valid because you can't do a spot and "own it" here in NYC. Ride any above ground train line every spot is crushed. Virgin spots that haven't been touched get hit and then a few weeks after, they get grilled. Adek gets his props cause he hit it first and everyone knows that. He got enough blog coverage about it. (haha, corny)

I don't know, maybe I'm bias because I'm originally from NY, but I guess rules are different everywhere. Also, to the guy above, the sugar factory wasn't closed until 2004 and there was still working cameras for a few years after. I can think of many spots off the top of my head that have been virgin for longer than that, that has been hit and then grilled by other kids shortly after that.

At the end of the day, this is an ADEK thread and neither Smart Crew nor Adek is on here so all this argument is pointless. Just post flix!

*Also, to the guy talkin about get in where you fit in, there were a ton of other possible spots to paint, but that was clearly the best spot. I still th ink better smart crew than some street art fags comin through to do some gay rollers. They did respect the spot at least unlike aones and cs.

yeah, so whats next? you gonna sit around and wait to see what other hot spots Adek gets before you go and blow them up too?! "get in where you fit in" wow, you, my friend sound like a toy. try finding your own spots for once...i dunno, just an idea.....

You're the one who sounds like a fucking toy.

This is how graffiti works in major cities like (and especially) NYC.

You see a spot, you get up. You see that somebody got some virgin roof, you realize that it's possible to get on it and you figure out how to get up there and get it in before the hoards of other writers take up all the space.

That shit was blank walls on a fucking rooftop waiting to get crushed.

Like somebody already said, that roof is going to be crushed by the end of the summer.

Thats how graffiti works in real cities with real graff scenes where real writers bomb on a nightly basis.

I don't know what bumfuck toyville city you're from that this even has to be explained to you, but you clearly have no sense of how graffiti goes down in real cities.

I'm not on any particular side. I think Adek crushes these days and Smart crew also did their thing in NY like a decade ago (just see stickers and some legal trucks these days)... Anyway, the logic seems to not be valid because you can't do a spot and "own it" here in NYC. Ride any above ground train line every spot is crushed. Virgin spots that haven't been touched get hit and then a few weeks after, they get grilled. Adek gets his props cause he hit it first and everyone knows that. He got enough blog coverage about it. (haha, corny)

I don't know, maybe I'm bias because I'm originally from NY, but I guess rules are different everywhere. Also, to the guy above, the sugar factory wasn't closed until 2004 and there was still working cameras for a few years after. I can think of many spots off the top of my head that have been virgin for longer than that, that has been hit and then grilled by other kids shortly after that.

At the end of the day, this is an ADEK thread and neither Smart Crew nor Adek is on here so all this argument is pointless. Just post flix!

I understand that this argument is very opinionated and very two sided. But i highly disagree with you. Who cares if there are cameras on a spot. Security cameras have been a part of the game as long as graffiti has been around. Wear a hoody and be sneaky. As for this whole spot jocking thing. Yeah i understand that there are too many graffiti writers in New York for everyone to find their own spot and be original. But the way aones and that other guy hit that spot was jealous hater shit.

^Exactly.

Archived