*BRAKHAGE

Guest BROWNer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

"Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not repond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception..."-Brakhage

Guest BROWNer

geez, i thought 12oz boasted some 'film heads'..

go rent 'by brakhage' now, its on dvd and you'll

get 242minutes of real genius. don't sleep funk munchersz.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Absolutely mindblowing, before i say anything else, lemme just punch my head real hard cause while using computers you can never fuck around with image/film with a cold beer on the side inside a bar...godamn..how cool is that last picture!?

Anyway, gimme the intel brownslize, is that a film? any ideas were i can find it?

PS. whats up with your aim?

I hate to bust your bubble Tesser...but I think thats a root beer float...which actually sounds pretty good about now.

definitely cool shit...I'll have to check it out. kilo probably knows...

one more thing I noticed...is he partially blind? it looks like a blind person's cane to the right of the picture.

ah hell...I lied...one more thing...is that an eyeball in the background? looks like its on a tv or something.

Austin: I see an eye as well, and you can sorta make out the corner of what looks like a tv, but it might not be an eye...I guess thats what were making outta of it though.

Browner: good thread..I enjoyed it immensely and will go look to rent this.

Stan Brakhage RIP

when he died i mentioned it - in a casual way unfortunately - to a lecturer at college, who is actually the one person that motivated me the most to go to university, and is someone i respect a lot. anyway he hadn't heard, and brakhage was his all-time hero. he was devastated. i think he got to meet brakhage though, which is cool for him...

damn i should type more but i have indigestion and my ex-girlfriends favourite band have just came on TV, which has killed the mood.

fuck. :mad:

and BROWNer: this thread has bought me out of a self-imposed ban from 12oz, i had left my post count at 666 and decided to post only flicks in the benches section under a different name.

i couldn't not reply to a thread about brakhage though.

and sorry for saying something stupid and flippant in your thread about the UK being a US client state. i was in a foul mood for a couple of days around then - i also said a load of stupid shit in one of Europes threads, which he thankfully deleted. he seems to be on holiday, but if he's reading - sorry again dude.

well it looks like i'm gonna have to track down an old reply and delete it to get back on 666. :D

Sneak if you're reading you were right mate!!!

Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: Stan Brakhage RIP

Originally posted by nG

and sorry for saying something stupid and flippant in your thread about the UK being a US client state.

I'm sorry you're sorry for saying that, strikes me like truth.

anyway.

Tesseract, bignose

Guest BROWNer

ps-music is by supersilent....who pretty much rule right now.

i got into brakhage through research on norman mclaren, another

maestro that does shit directly onto film. i just recently noticed that

my local vid store has a dvd that has 24 or so of his films on one disc

and i shit poo out of my bumbum. when i looked at the dvd box, some dude

noticed and came up to me and started swearing uncomfortably loud about how

amazing the dvd/brakhage was..heh heh..if only i had a dvd player or dvd connection..

tesseract, rent it biatch, or if you want to buy it(it will probably be one of your

most prized 'documents'), it was released by Criterion. it's called 'By Brakhage'.

i'm starting to seriously consider film school.

Archived