so yeah, i am now unemployed.

type R

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by iloveboxcars

lets just change it to

smart people keep ______ they hate until they find a new one.

wow, thanks for dropping that knowledge bomb on us.:rolleyes:

angel of death, i do need to be a king of stealing.damn.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/08/05/news/economy/layoffs/unemployment_chart_july03.gif'>

http://money.cnn.com/2003/08/05/news/economy/layoffs/ax_by_state.gif'>

"NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - U.S. job-cut announcements jumped in July to their highest level in three months, an outplacement firm said Tuesday, another sign that the longest job-market slump since World War II continues.

U.S. employers announced 85,117 job cuts in July, a 43 percent jump from 59,715 in June, according to Chicago-based outplacement firm Challenger Gray & Christmas, which publishes monthly tallies of job-cut announcements. "

have fun looking for a job

being unemplyed is only cool if you get laid off, then they tax u like hell, that hurts come tax time!

yah. i thank my lucky stars i have a job, even though it sucks. beantown does not offer much alt. opportunities, i can't find a replacement one.

easy to get jobs I've had:

bussing tables - you usually have to work your ass off, but I made killer money doing this. I recommend getting in real good with the top servers. cater to their needs and let them know...they'll tip better.

stock boy - I did this in a grocery store. not many people mess with you. you can wear head phones, the money is alright and pretty much all the free food you can eat...within reason and a bit of stealthiness.

fork lift driver - I made some killer money doing this one summer. drawbacks are usually insane heat due to working in a wharehouse and earlier hours to try and avoid the heat. plus side...you get to set on your ass all day and drive around. a little water on a concrete floor allows you to do mad 360's.

otherwise I recommend a temp agency until you can find something steady.

Fork lift driving is the shit! I had a job doing that one summer that I got through a temp agency. I worked at a warehouse in Jessup, that I didnt need a licence either.

Dude, the answer is pretty obvious to me. You like cars and speed right? Customizing is hot as shit right now right? Meca is an unemployed bastard that likes the same shit. Just open up shop in his drive way, make him do all the work, and walla, the money comes rolling in, and everbody's happy.

p.s. I want 5% for intelectual property royalties.

Originally posted by type R

ok so after working at my previous job for a while, i decided to quit to work somewhere else. i last about 3/4 of the shift and decide that this job is overwhelmingly gay, and make up an excuse to leave, never to return. so now you may ask, what am i doing? well, the answer is a whole lot of nothing. i have bills, rent, and various other shit due soon, and i have no job and no prospects. if anyone has any ideas on jobs, let me know. i dont know shit about computers, so that is out of the question...

or you can just send me money. either way.

aw sorry to hear that homie. i would send you money as soon as i win the lottery. and i can school you about computers too!

i HATE my job, the corporate hell. see i'm taking today off to go eat indian food and to buy more underware and to go to the beach today. they just piss me off. but i'm putting in my letter of resignation by the end of this week anyway. for the past few weeks or so, i've been vigorously looking for another job. and i've been to about 10 interviews so far. so by the end of the week, i shall have another job that pays so much more.

good luck and all though.

Archived