you guys were right..fuck the infantry

mapo wc

I went into Military Chat on AOL last night asking about infantry. What I found was disturbing. I was talking to some infantry people and they described infantry as total Hell. I asked what the typical hours were for infantry and they were like 'LOL! Theres nothing typical about infantry!'. They said I can forget about ever getting 8 hours of sleep. And told me any free time is spent eating or sleeping. Also, I found out those fuckers are sent to the field and simulate war..for weeks at a time! Sometimes months! They literally go out into a field, set up camp, and simulate war for weeks or months. All they eat is those army pack foods which last like 10 years or some shit and they sleep in a tent. I asked another infantry guy who Ive been talking with on AOL alot, hes like 'you never go to field for months', 'the most Ive been is 2 1/2 weeks'.

Then he goes on to tell me he gets sent to field for like 2 weeks..gets 3 or 4 days off..then goes back for a week or two. And he acted like that was nothing!

I asked if he thought I'd have time to play ball or go to school and he said 'heres some advice, leave the basketball and the notebook at home'. FUCK THAT! The infantry is for fuckers that are stupid as shit and have no life outside of 'serving the country'. I told them I was headed to Benning and theyre like 'LOL, Benning will break you down' and 'after 2 years infantry you wont be nearly the same person'. Sorry, I kinda like who I am ya know?

So fuck the infantry. I found out it isnt too late to get out of my contract until I ship. Im getting out ASAP. Im not good at demanding shit to authority people..so my mom is going down to the recruiters office with me tomorrow and making sure I get my job changed. I still only want 2 years. Unfortunately not many jobs offer 2 year enlistments, so who knows. I could drive tanks..but I heard theyre in the field alot too. I could work in the kitchen, cooking shitty food and washing dishes, who knows. Maybe Ill go 3 years and get a decent job. I was thinking of journalism or something. If I cant work out a decent job for 2 or 3 years..Ill say fuck that and just go army reserve. They only make about 2 grand a year..but I think a 4 year army reserve enlistment pays about 20 grand for college. If I cant find something right, Ill just say fuck the army.

I already signed up but Ill get out. Ill go to a psychiatrist and act all suicidal, get prescribed to xanax..and they wont take me. Then Ill sell the xanax.

I thought infantry would be cool. You get in shape, you do war sims, etc. But it truly is for people with no future. Its for people who just take orders and do backbreaking work because theirs nothing else for them.

Those people have 2 options in life. Mow lawns, or join infantry. Damn what the fuck was I thinking. I also thought theres pride in infantry..yeah Ill remember that when I have arthritis all throughout my body from the 100 pound packs you carry and walk for miles with.

I called my dad and told him I was backing out of infantry and hes like 'good, use your brain - dont be a slave'. I agree.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

exactly what i been saying all along man.. black man got no business ina white mans army.

for real though, all infintry does is die. thats what they're trained for. to kill and die. now, maybe its just me, but if i spent 2 years learning how to do nothing but kill people, and not to think of trying to save my own life, id be a fucking menace. i already dont give a shit about most people, think how much less id care if id spent 24 months learning new and exciting ways to end their lives! go into dentistry or something. army's got dentists. or business management or someshit. you can learn decent skills there and still do push ups an get treated like shit.

Originally posted by young republican:

your mom is going to fight your battle for you huh? yeah you were real ready for the military....

I just get shy around people sometimes. One of the things Basic Training does is make you more assertive.

i say look into getting some student loans and try to get into a school...find out what you want to do there because it's a good place to do that...the army and schools though, both have a catch along with them...schools just want your money cuz they'll be asking you for it even after you graduate...and the army, i dunno but it seems like it would take a lot away from you without you even knowing (not money)...

and college will make you more assertive

and a different person, except i would think you'd have more control over how you would change in college...and it's not in a bad way either...

but what do i know?

Im sure its a little too late for mapo to get any student loans. He is government property now. The best thing I could recommend is for you to take your entrance test scores (the AssFat) and see what jobs you can get with it. Be picky. Don't just settle for infantry. The Army is gonna pay you regardless of what job you do so pick one you might want to do when you come back to the civilized world. I know a guy who is an infantry staff sargeant and yeah, 2 or 3 weeks playing war games is really nothing. And yeah- this dude had no future before he enlisted, stung out on crack- the whole nine. Now he's got a wife and two kids. Infantry is good for some- but not those who already have a head on their shoulders.

Hell yeah, I told you that a long time ago. Get a student loan. Then 3 years later when bill collectors call, have some fun with them. For real, when ever one calls my house, I'm like "do you like being gay?" and most of the time they hang up.

As a way to get direct info Ive been talking with people on AOL with jobs Im interested in to ask them about it.

I talked to a guy who just finished 2 years infantry..and is now trying to change his army job. He told me not to go into infantry. He was like 'DONT GO INFANTRY. HELL. HELL. HELL. WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS AT HOME WE'RE IN THE FIELD LIKE IDIOTS'.

He recommended to be a 88M. Its basically a truck driver..they just drive around cargo and stuff. So Im gonna talk to my recruiter and see if I can get that job.

And no, theres no new developments with me and that girl. But dont worry, someday I will ask her out.

Guest --zeSto--

DeVRY???

hahahaha...

why not just enroll in

Uncle Joe's Above the Laundrymat Computer Tech Center College for the Mentally Handicaped

yo! my boy was infantry and then had switched over to be a driver when the gulf war broke out, so he was over there driving troops around... one day he hit a land mine and it blew the whole right front tire and wheel right off the truck... so they were all out there being stupid and standing around the desert when my idiot friend, in the spirit of all our shared childhood, says:

"fuck this dude, let's get outta here!"

then he got all the troops to sit on the drivers side and hang out off the driver's side of the cab and he drove them back to camp, like 16 miles... anyway... he got the bronze star for that, word up

Archived