Official Battle Thread

StarzAbove

I'm pretty sure my competitor decided not to

continue on with this whole thing. It's already been

several weeks since my post.

Ciste, I'm down to get this next round started.

If you have any ideas/preferences regarding style guidelines

Let me know.

If anyone has any problems with this, please say so.

I know I'm not a "judge" but if it helps things move along better, I'll include some of my opinions.

I thing geezpot's wave sketch is stonger than lores'.

Although there are some element's within gspot's sketch that are shaky ie. the simples along the top, the shape of the arrows, and the extended cross bar on the A (I like the concept but there are issues with its execution) The overall composition is dynamic, interesting, and quite fitting of the Asian theme. I especially like the painterly strokes used to render the sky. Overall, a pretty solid sketch.

I like Lore's concept of encompassing the letters in a tidal wave, but other than that, the overall sketch is fairly dull in comparison to G's. The letters are not much more than ellaborately colored straight letters with a few awkward extensions here and there. I'd much rather see a refined version of that wave outline in black and white, without all the other stuff around it. It's harder to hide inconsistencies that way. I would suggest drawing only in pen and just repeating and adjusting the same letters over and over again until they are all consistent and you can bust them out on demand. Focus on progression rather than creating a pretty picture. The old couch cushions are a nice touch though!

Active and Sofe...I preffer Sofe's sketch.

It's got sort of a "hard hitting" feeling like it's busting out at you and the letters are pretty consistent. I think it would be dope to add a really thin aura around the letters in like light green or blue.

Active, the shapes you use to construct your letters is quite appealing. I think the space between the A and the W is incosistent with the rest of the piece and that W is a little off anyway and the R looks like a K in my opinion. Also, I feel like the colors are overkill. Would like to see more of your work though.

Again these are just my opinions. I am in no way talking shit or claiming to be a master of style. I just like to back up my statements by including my reasons behind them.

Peace.

Spellbound

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest CrewJones

this whole thread is a waste and all about boosting you low self confidence, which you hope to boost a bit bythinking you are just one step higher in the ranks... obsessed with knowing where you stand... post your sketch if you want to share, and then get out.... actually, post a PIECE... not a sketch... waste of time!!!! my opinion

Originally posted by virsoner

okay in order to sattle the beef down me and milton ( he reps all you haters out there) if he wins i shut up for ever post and shut up

if i win insted of beef i get help are we cool? fuck yeah we are !!!

word BERS

no colors

let shit biggin

lame... virs shouldnt choose the word, hes prolly already done it, of looked on the net for people who have tags with those letters

Kise, how's KAST? I was just thinking of something with a K since we both use it. I use the A and you use the S, so this will be familiar to us and it will be practice at the same time. The T will be a challenge for me also. Like you said, you can pick the coloring 'rules.' I don't think we need a theme, but if you really want to challenge me,(because i'm not good at all with backgrounds) you can pick a theme if you already had one in mind and was hoping to sketch it.

it doesnt have to be famialar letter unless u just want them too, but kast is cool with me. full color is what i had in mind and lets do full page sketch with background/charachters or anything as long as the page is full if you cool with that lemme know spend all the time you need on it and i'll have mine by the end of this week or sooner

Yeah man that sounds really good. It will defintiely be a challenge. Kast is cool, so let's use that. I'll probably be done around the end of the week too, but who knows. Just post up when you're finsihed and we can see what's up from there.

Oh yeah, full color, that's like all colors, any colors, or no white or blank fills, or what?

Say Kise, I might have mine up within the next couple days. I got the fill and 3D effect of the piece done tonight, and I'll do the background and shit tomorrow, and scan it the next day hopefully. Haha, this will probably give you an advantage, but it doesn't matter. Peace