• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest chicken bone

Takashi Murakami and Superflat

Guest chicken bone
Originally posted by serum

thanks i'm rather flattered. do we know each other?:confused: well my dream job was to get a job with studio ghibli [miyazaki] but it's rather difficult-impossible. there are interviews once a year and they go through 1000 applicants, interview 100 people and hire 0-1 people. also in japan anyone over the age of 25 is considered too old. the animators get paid $1350 a month and live in tokyo. ridiculous. yeah actually i have every miyazaki book. i saw spirited away the first day it came out and had to wait like 2 hours to get in. people don't realise the level of skill it takes to produce one piece of paper and how many people must give it the ok before it is accepted. no proffessional should work as slave labor. the industry out here is comparable to the 1920's in america. anyways i've given up on japanese anime. i worked for sunrise for 6 months and got paid $2 an hour. :cry:

I doubt we know eachother, I lived in Tokyo for a couple years and I understand you live elsewhere. I think we have friends of friends or mutual friends and that sort of thing. I don't want to drop any names so if you want holla back,

mestoplus@hotmail.com

Studio Ghibli puts out fantastic work.. Its a shame to see that they pay the animators such shit. Considering Ghibli movies garner the widest and best-selling audiences in Japan, you would think they would pay their employees a little more money.

And you got paid about 400 yen an hour? Again, I've lived in Japan so I understand your pain. You can always live off of food from Lawson and other combinis, haha! :)

actually i should have said 200 yen = about $1 and some change an hour, i would produce 5-20 cleanedup approved cels so i guess about a dollar a page. where i was there wasn`t even any convience stores nor department stores. i was allowed an hour lunch. i was the only person who took an hour, everyone else took 15 min. [lazy american:( ] the closest store closed at 8pm and i would get off at 1am so my only chances for survival were to ride my bike at lighting speed up a huge vertical mountain for 30 minutes run through the store like i was on a shopping sweepstakes and grab whatever, run to my bike, bike down the mountain at breakneck speed get back to the studio and apoligise to everyworker in the whole office for being 5 minutes late. ghibli could take the world market if miyazaki continues to direct but every year he retires. its sad to say but the studio itself couldnt survive without him the non mizaki films are decent if that.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this