Same Sex Marriages

Joker

Originally posted by Daze One Million

smart your whole argument is just trying to make me look stupid and/or comming at me with personal attacks, i hope thats not how you act in real life towards people who dont agree with you

actually... I do tend to point out the holes in the arguments of people I disagree with... after a point I DO assume that those people's opinions DO reflect faults in their upbringing or intelligence. One or both may, or may not, be your problem.

Case in point:

I think you still fail to understand, my whole argument WITH YOU is pointing out how YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK STUPID.

I have made my position on the overall argument abundantly clear:

IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS IF THEY DO.

To further elucidate... The tax and insurance benefits, among others should be available to EVERY couple who want's to be married. 50% of marrieages (which, as you know, are stricly hetero at the moment) end in divorce. So, HALF the hetero people who get married are really just 'shacking up' for a few years. *(Most marriages fail in the first 5 years). You can't say gay people will just 'shack up' to get benefits because they could just pair up and fake it with the other sex (like 2 gay guys marry 2 gay girls). it's obviously NOT true, they have been 'shacking up' with members of their SAME sex for hundreds of years. History shows that gay are a valid and unavoidable part of EVERY society, they're gonna get together.

Oh wait... I got ahead of myself, and WAY ahead of you... why don't you bring some valid arguments to the table? Don't have them? Maybe you've got something about why 'the Blacks' shouldn't vote. Sit down.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i understand this, but a church is going to marry the two

if the gays want tax breaks and things like that then too bad, thats thier fault for being gay

A) Churches do not marry gay couples. Civil unions can be conducted Judges, the Clergy, and by Jutices of the Peace.

B) People don't get married JUST to get a tax break. It mearly HELPS them. They are married because they want to be together. An idea that seems to sicken you.

Grow up.

I didn't read everything and I know I will catch heat from some of what I have to say.

First off- someone said it is gays and lesbians fault for being gay? I know plenty of gay people and none of them chose to be gay. How is it their fault? And to think one wants to get married for a tax break is ridiculous. Yes, it would help any couple out and why should those who are gay/lesbian/transexual not be able to receive the same benefits as those who are heterosexual? It doesn't make sense, especially in a free county.

Second, what in the hell does the Bible have to do with this. As Joker pointed out at the very beginning, there is supposed to be a seperation of State and Religion. Nowadays it seems there is a thin line there. It definitely isnt completely seperated when the President will quote Bible verses.

Third. Anoother point Joker made. Who cares who someone elses love. Does it test the marriages of heterosexuals? NO. Communities support heterosexual marriages. When problems arise in them, the community, family, churches, everyone is there to give support to the problem-burdened marriage to try to make it last. If this same support was given to gays, lesbians and transexuals, then I am sure we would see plenty of life long commitments. My neighbors have been together for well over 10 years. I have met gay couples at HRC dinners who have been together for 50 years. If you tell me that gays cannot be monogamous/last you're only kidding yourself.

I do not even see why this is an issue. It shouldn't be. Everyone is created equal supposedly, but if you arent heterosexual when it comes to America, you sure as fuck aren't equal and that in itself is hippocrasy at its best.

Originally posted by old*824

my number one complaint with "gay" culture is the sexual irresponsability....ie...Aids epidemic.

That isnt working for the heterosexual culture. Marriage that is. Considering that the AIDS epidemic is spreading more rapidly through heterosexuals than homosexuals (just thought I would make that point)- not trying ot argue.

s.s.

edit to quote something else from Daze One Million

"see i dont like gay people....i mean im sure they're normal people and all but personally i think gay people have some kind of mental problem or something, but thats not the issue, i havent read this thread so sorry if this was allready said but i do not believe gay couples should be allowed marriage for the simple fact that marriage is a religous thing, and being gay is a sin, so that right there should be an automatic no, people forget that marriage is religous thing, they think that marriage represents just loving each other, when it really is supposed to be something like making a commitment to be one under god and create children (hence its a sin to have sex before marriage. i also agree with the guy above me bout sex is supposed to be for procreation...not just to get a nut off..."

Okay...people were getting married before religion. So how is it about religion? Christians believe they invited marriage, but that could not be anymore of a joke. How is one being himself or herself a sin? I just dont get this fucking shit. How the fuck can that be true? Someone with more than a middle school education please enlighten me...

Daze, you're probably not going to come back on here to read this but I'll point it out anyway...

You claim to be Atheist, which is fine. But at the same time you claim that it's wrong for gays to marry, in God's eyes. If you are truly an Atheist you just wouldn't care how God felt about a damn thing. He could be for Hot Tuna Sandwiches, but as an Atheist it shouldn't matter at all to you. I think this is what Smart was trying to point out. As an Atheist, it shouldn't matter to you one way or the other what God's eyes see. His beliefs should mean nil to you. You, as an Atheist should be following your own path. Your own beliefs. If you believe God is right about same sex marriage... you may want to look into Christianity as an alternative to being an Atheist. Just a thought.

And you don't need to get married in a church before the eyes of God. I was married six years ago in a friends back yard by a non-denominational preist. Basically a guy with the power to marry two people by the laws of the state. No church, no religious priest. Just 22 sad people attending a wedding. (Sad because Princess Diana had been killed that morning...)

Daze can't argue, so he gets huffy and leaves the thread mid-discussion.

I know you're reading this, though. C'mon, try and prove how you're right and we're wrong!

Suggestion: pulling the religious card isn't going to work because, as Smart and others have mentioned, this isn't a religious issue.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by willy.wonka

think of gay men touching you...

now think of some guy sliding his penis into your butthole slowly.

im sorry..i couldnt resist.

The Undertones thread receives a hearty bump with this one.

And SeñorSeven, I'm banking on religion coming before marriage. I honestly have no knowledge of this, but I'm assuming since religious organization was the main force behind ascribing official titles to people in primitive societies, and religious/governmental organization was pretty much one and the same. But whatever, that's beside the point and in no way helps Daze's argument. Carry on.

"Yeah .... because straight people aren't sexually irresponsible either. They haven't had anything to do with the spread of the AIDS virus. Nothing at all."-PMB

your missing my point guy, i dont deny that straight people have a problem with aids, HOWEVER, since i have gay friends i am aware the sexual irresponsability is a huge contributor t0 the epidemic, and i think it is an epidemic, of the spread of hiv in the homosexual community. Therefore, the introduction of marriage more adamently in the gay community should reverse or offer a better alternitive to the irresponsible behavior in the homosexual community. FURTHER MORE, two of my gay friends have hiv and they did not get it from straight girls...allthough one of them fucked some straight girls unprotected before he was tested but after he was positive.

see my point pooper guy bob?

Guest meone

Wow....what a way to start off a marriage...that sux that it had to be a crappy day!

you know its funny that we are talking about this cause Tough Crowd mentioned it

tonight.

Guest meone

Wow....what a way to start off a marriage...that sux that it had to be a crappy day!

you know its funny that we are talking about this cause Tough Crowd mentioned it

tonight. did anyone else catch it. It was kinda funny.

Guest meone

I understand that the Gay community may not be looking for a religous ceremony and I

understand that it may not be a religous thing to get married. My uncle was married by a

justice of the peace and so were two of my friends. But I guess this whole situation comes

down to how you define marriage? If you define marriage the way some people define it, it

is defined as a covenant between two people and God. If you define it as a piece of paper

that comes from the state/government then Homosexual marriage shouldn't be an issue;

as well as, if you define it as an agreement to stay faithful for the rest of your life with your

significant other. I guess a the better thought here is that how do we feel about the government

stepping into our personal lives? What ever happened to don't ask don't tell? I may not

like the idea of homosexuality but what 2 adults do between closed doors is none of my buisness

and like i said who am I to tell them "No".

"Yeah .... because straight people aren't sexually irresponsible either. They haven't had anything to do with the spread of the AIDS virus. Nothing at all."-PMB

your missing my point guy, i dont deny that straight people have a problem with aids, HOWEVER, since i have gay friends i am aware the sexual irresponsability is a huge contributor t0 the epidemic, and i think it is an epidemic, of the spread of hiv in the homosexual community. Therefore, the introduction of marriage more adamently in the gay community should reverse or offer a better alternitive to the irresponsible behavior in the homosexual community. FURTHER MORE, two of my gay friends have hiv and they did not get it from straight girls...allthough one of them fucked some straight girls unprotected before he was tested but after he was positive.

see my point pooper guy bob?

I understood what you were saying .. I was just being a sarcastic dick. I don't, however, agree with you that the introduction of marriage will reduce the level of sexual irresponsibility. Those that want to sleep around will continue to do so .. those that enjoy monogamous, stable relationships will continue to do so, only now with the ability to be married. It's not like the gay community hasn't previously had the option of long-term relationships, and the introduction of marriage will suddenly drive all of them to settle down.

what im sayin is then........

stop sleeping around and spreading disease.

im all for marriage, seein as how i was married for 7+ years.

its weird, i have friends that have "gay sex" but i doubt you would peg em as gay off the bat..........you know what im sayin?

sexual irresponsiblity in this day and age is not cool....at all......

knock that shit off guys.......cause i know you sleep with girls to.....

not that im a gay hater....i just have heard some stories that are outright immoral. so i dont think gays are gay....cause a lot are by....they are just nympho maniacs that engage in irresponsible sexual conduct.

i didnt think there would be as many people in this forum who would be against this. i really though there were more open minded people in here.

Well... look... Old824 and PMB can argue all day about promiscuity, and A Squad can ask about the gay bishop... You can even wonder about HIV transmission rates among the gay v. hetero cultures... so... here it is...

Promiscuity... EVERYBODY does it (not everyONE but all races, religions and sexual orientations)

Gay Bishop... Needs it's own thread

Transmission... OBVIOUSLY more hetero's contract than gays at this point because there are so many more hetero's world wide and "gay sex" is just one of the ways to catch it... IV drug use is a HUGE source of transmission (The Clean Needle push needs it's own thread too...)

NOW... SOMEBODY offer a good reason against gay marriage that does not involve bigotry or christian doctrine.

Can you?

Can the Government?

but a church is going to marry the two....the church believes in god...i dont have to, the church does it for me, so thats why they should not be allowed to get married, for them to marry a gay couple is going against what they believe in

well im sure youre still reading so here goes...

the christian/catholic church is not the only religious denomination out there

and not all churches belive in the 'god' of the bible

therefore the religious thing should be pretty null and void

i do realize the christian/catholic church does carry alot of weight

but that doesnt mean they have absolute power

there are many religions out there and im sure some fully accept gay culture

and would have no problem performing a wedding ceremony

hah.....i still dont think you get my point.

lets force gays at gun point to get married and have monogomous relationships.

that would be funny.

being catholic and all......i think they should have to adopt a kid every time they have sex and go to mass twice a week.

hah.....i still dont think you get my point.

lets force gays at gun point to get married and have monogomous relationships.

that would be funny.

being catholic and all......i think they should have to adopt a kid every time they have sex and go to mass twice a week.

haha whats this force them to have monogamous relationships? anyone can have t hat...you dont hae to force shit. you're truly a peice of work and one hell of a bigot.

Re: Re: Same Sex Marriages

Originally posted by Hank Parker

Why does anyone care? Cause same sex marriges could lead to the downfall of society as we know it. Look how far gays have evolved within the last 50 years. They get more and more "popular" so to say. Think of the next 50. Your son and my son could be packin each other on the sidewalk and no one would care cause "it's okay...they're different, give them their space"

I think people should be able to fuck who'm ever they want. But the marrige thing should not happen. End of story.

marriage is a religious thing, the religion says to find someone and have kids with so that the world can continue to exist. the marriage is there so that you have a 'kinda' security with you wife/husband to raise your kids good... now since you cant make kids when your homosexual, why would you have the right to marry, except to realize their little 'girl' dream since they were kid to mary themselves one day? homosexuals dont make kids, which doesnt help our society at all, but they want the law advantages in their couple..

I could say the same with couples that marry but dont have kids. but its half/half or less that dont have kids and not "none of them at all" .

i mean, in 150 years, farmers will want to marry their sheep and it'll be okay?? gimme a break..

FURTHER MORE, two of my gay friends have hiv and they did not get it from straight girls...allthough one of them fucked some straight girls unprotected before he was tested but after he was positive.

see my point pooper guy bob? [/b]

thats fucking sick :heated: fuck whatever you want but dont come back after fucking up our lady fucking bizness

that guy should have some serious punishment

Archived