Hiding serial numbers when posting flix!?!?

solidcold

I have noticed that many people when posting freight photos on the bb or onto their websites they edit the serial number off the car. Though, it can be a little time consuming i think it is a good idea. a friend of mine got busted recently because of serial number tracking.

what is your oppinion on this idea of posting flix without the tracking numbers? do ya'll think more people should do it? or do u think RR cops are too dumb to bother with tracking fr8's associated with a writers name?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Re: Hiding serial numbers when posting flix!?!?

Originally posted by wayne hits

DIDNT YOU JUST ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTION?

i guess i sorta did.

but do u think they do it on the reg? the case with my friend is a little unique.... caught on vid and numbers tracked to location.

i'm into editing numbers but are u guys gonna do it when posting flix?

my reasons aren't so much about location, as much as building a case. if x gets charged and the cops are savy enough to try and build a case, they wont be able to track down any other cars by x just by tracing the numbers in my flix. a little far fetched, but I figure, for the 3 seconds it takes me to do it, why not. the less info on that car the better.

Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

you are some paranoid mutherfuckers

yo genious, some of us a paranoid cuz we witnessed it first hand... painting freight trains is a felony charge if busted!

serial numbers can help track cars to build a case against someone. you can give the cops as little credit as you want. i i'm gonna hide the numbers for safety purposes to protect my homies.

Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

you are some paranoid mutherfuckers

i would expect this from someone with a screename like krylon.

this is the kind of guy that would say "who cares if i left a bag full of empty paint in the yard next to my piece".

Originally posted by solidcold

genious.

im no spelling wiz, i just thought this was funny since you were trying to snap on his mental capacity.

its just a simple precaution. im all for it. like ese said, you never know when some cop is building a case. for the 5 seconds it takes to do it i think its well worth it.

Originally posted by solidcold

painting freight trains is a felony charge if busted!

That's not necessarily true. It was only a misdemeanor for me. I was expecting felony charges though.. I was very relieved.

ps. Blur the numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

The mentality of kids these days never ceases to amaze the hell out of me.

What does it hurt to edit the numbers out? ESE has a damn fine point. I appreciate the effort bro and I'm sure a lot of other number crushers would too. I try REAL hard to keep my work off of the net because I know for a fact that cops use the net to build cases. I even try to limit sending via AIM because of that. I had a cop on my ass for awhile because of this forum and art crimes. You guys have no idea. Paranoia? Maybe. Being careful? Fuck yes. You can't ever be too cautious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FIRST the cops trace all the car with your work on them.....

NEXT they see which area they all have been too....

THEN cross refrence them with dates and spot locations....

SOON the local cops are called and are asked if such and such name is on the streets...

FINALLY it is confirmed you live in that area, so all they have to do now is stake a spot out...

NOW you see why it is important to blur or cut the numbers our.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Samuri Jack

FIRST the cops trace all the car with your work on them.....

NEXT they see which area they all have been too....

THEN cross refrence them with dates and spot locations....

SOON the local cops are called and are asked if such and such name is on the streets...

FINALLY it is confirmed you live in that area, so all they have to do now is stake a spot out...

NOW you see why it is important to blur or cut the numbers our.

everyone read this.......bump