US Nobel Laureate Slams Bush Gov't as "Worst" in American History

Guest BROWNer

Guest BROWNer

US Nobel Laureate Slams Bush Gov't as "Worst" in American History

George A. Akerlof, 2001 Nobel prize laureate who teaches economics at the University of California in Berkeley.

BERLIN - American Nobel Prize laureate for Economics George A. Akerlof lashed out at the government of US President George W. Bush, calling it the "worst ever" in American history, the online site of the weekly Der Spiegel magazine reported Tuesday.

"I think this is the worst government the US has ever had in its more than 200 years of history. It has engaged in extradordinarily irresponsible policies not only in foreign policy and economics but also in social and environmental policy," said the 2001 Nobel Prize laureate who teaches economics at the University of California in Berkeley.

"This is not normal government policy. Now is the time for (American) people to engage in civil disobedience. I think it's time to protest - as much as possible," the 61-year-old scholar added.

Akerlof has been recognized for his research that borrows from sociology, psychology, anthropology and other fields to determine economic influences and outcomes.

His areas of expertise include macro-economics, monetary policy and poverty.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0729-06.htm

heh

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

i don't.

i read some funny shit today from this guy, he

was talking about how to sum up the republican right

wingers in a simple, adroit way..start calling them

'cheap labor conservatives'. anyhow.....

i like that term.

Guest imported_Tesseract

What i love about the whole thing is that i have the impression that if Bush was a bit more carefull in economy he'd had chances of getting re-ellected. It seems to me like economy is the pain spot for the majority of americans. I love it cause the clown goes down and i hate it cause in depth its the same motive.

Since i live in europe, please tell me, do americans (in general) give a shit to find out if saddam had or had not WMD's?

They couldn't pull one off on the same terms, which is what I would like to see them try and do. Bringing light to this guy's education and work would only bolster his arguement.

Just a general smear campaign would suck, you are right.

"In the long term, a deficit of this magnitude is not manageable. We are moving into the period when, beginning around 2010, baby boomers are going to be retiring. That is going to put a severe strain on services like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. This is the time when we should be saving. "

Good point.

a drunk vandal once said...."if yahll stupid motherfuckers in this country stopped paying your taxes, what the fuck they gonna do?"

besides that......we would have the money and the power and the feds would have a whole lot of debt.

second ammendment revoloutionary? nahhhh...not me. nope, not even.

Originally posted by Tesseract

do americans (in general) give a shit to find out if saddam had or had not WMD's?

well, mr.tesser, in a way yes and in a way no. most of us didnt want to go to war in the first place, so in that sence, no. BUT, we have invaded, killed, and are now searching, and the man is indeed a monster, so we mind as well since we are there, "get our hands on him"

as for WMD, we were all lied to. 9/11 was scary shit for everyone, and a small nuke could take out every single person in my city, so to say the least, we were scared shitless and got taken adantage of because of it.

455:i didnt vote for that asshole eaither, i voted gore. although, i wanted to vote nader, but i knew if bush won the state id never forgive myself for it.

dont take this personal....

BUT TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, THE ONLY REASON SADDAM HAD WMDS IS BECAUSE AFFILIATES AND THOSE IN POWER CURRENTLY SOLD THEM TO HIM AND LOOKED THE OTHER WAY WHEN HE USED THEM.

WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK HAS BEEN SADDAMS BIGGEST OIL CUSTOMER OVER THE LAST TEN YEARS? HALIBURTON.

HAH.....GOD SUPPOSEDLY TOLD GWB...BY HIS OWN ADDMISSION AT THAT...TO DO TO THIS UNJUST BLOOD DRIPPING COUNTRY WHAT HE HAS DONE.....

TRY SATAN BITCH....

DONT TRIP, THESE STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS ELECTED TO TAKE THE SLOW ESCALATOR RIDE TO HELL.

Originally posted by 455

whatever floats your boat Oats......how old are you anyway?....I'm almost 30....and have been politically active for quite a while.....so why don't you just shut the fuck up (my bad,quit typing)for a few and respect someone elses' opinion.thank you for your time.

What? Where have I been, since when has G.W.'s ratings dropped lower than forty five percent, or, even, less than sixty? I mean, I heard what Hunter Thompson said in that last article, but I just chalked it up to H.T. being H.T. I mean that's awesome, but you know, I guess I'm getting a bit apathetic myself.

Since i live in europe, please tell me, do americans (in general) give a shit to find out if saddam had or had not WMD's?

I read that 50% of Americans believe Saddam had WMD's but they

just haven't been found yet and that 40% believe Saddam had a

direct link to the attack on 9/11. Some people will believe whatever

is spoon fed to them without question.

i think most americans care whether or not he had them, mostly because americans blindly believed the president when he asserted that as the case for war..so i think people are more interested in whether or not the president was wrong, and how he is going to deal with that..

i've seen several members of cabinet, and dubya himself owning up to being wrong, and taking responsibility for that

as american casualties continue to mount, support for the war is dropping quickly, and people are caring more and more about where those supposed weapons are

the american public is fickle, ignorant, and uneducated

popular opinion changes a lot, and fast around here..

http://www.gallup.com/images/Poll/Releases/pr030729ii.gif'>

www.gallup.com poll central

Archived