Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by netster@Dec 29 2004, 11:57 PM

I really like that piece and I would even buy it if you didn't have a problem with me cutting it in half. The character is dope as fuck, I love it, but the graff just doesn't compare to the quality of said character.

thanks...but why d`ya wanna cut it in half??

Originally posted by rmerone@Dec 29 2004, 07:01 PM

some new work.....think my camera is a lil bit fukt!!

aerosol on canvas 90 x 120cm

if you're going to consider showing these pieces, you should probably label them differently. as far as i know, it is not made with aerosol, that could be hairspray.. i think adding paint to that might help.

Originally posted by crashing bore+Jan 2 2005, 11:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crashing bore - Jan 2 2005, 11:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rmerone@Dec 29 2004, 07:01 PM

if you're going to consider showing these pieces, you should probably label them differently. as far as i know, it is not made with aerosol, that could be hairspray.. i think adding paint to that might help.

[/b]

I think you're nitpicking because everyone gets the point. What else could it be?

Originally posted by RYKE1+Dec 31 2004, 08:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RYKE1 - Dec 31 2004, 08:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dosk .Ts.@Dec 31 2004, 01:07 PM

Ryke that shit is dope! by the ryke do you do the piece befor you do the background or what?

I do my bacround first and then do my outline next. Thanks for all the love guys. I wish everyone a safe and Happy new year! :king:

[/b]

So what happens if you fuck up the outline? Are you just mad brave? Peace...

Originally posted by DeadPonies+Jan 3 2005, 09:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DeadPonies - Jan 3 2005, 09:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by RYKE1@Dec 31 2004, 08:29 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Dosk .Ts.@Dec 31 2004, 01:07 PM

Ryke that shit is dope! by the ryke do you do the piece befor you do the background or what?

I do my bacround first and then do my outline next. Thanks for all the love guys. I wish everyone a safe and Happy new year! :king:

[/b]

I practice constantly, so I have my letters pretty down pat. If I ever do screw up an outline I repaint the canvas and start again. I hate going over pencil, I rather just do the outline with paint marker In one shot........

Originally posted by crashing bore+Jan 2 2005, 11:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crashing bore - Jan 2 2005, 11:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rmerone@Dec 29 2004, 07:01 PM

[/b]

crashing bore...what you goin on about????hairspray??.... you retarded fool!!!this aint a hairdressing forum,although i bet your a bit of a hair dresser.

crashingbore,

i cant remember what exactly you asked, so just to cover all bases...they're acrylic on masonite, and no, the paint isnt thin, infact there are several layers. on the and red/black one, the red is translucent, so it's got a lot of depth to it. unfortunately the flash kind of murders the effect.

SPF,

i like your stuff. its not something id ever paint, nor something id like to see everyday (meaning, smething i'd like to see 100 different people doing), but it fits a certain 'niche' so to speak. i would def. suggest trying to push yourself though. a style like that could be repeated a million times and always be 'ok', but never progress anywhere. as for now though, i like it.

verbal kint,

im sorry bro, but i cant hold my tongue any longer. i made one big post then erased, but this one wont be edited.

you have to be one of the most opporortunistic, worthless fucking excuses for an 'artist' ive ever seen in my fucking life. every single one of those canvases you posted was absolute shit. half of them looked like a 7 year olds finger painting mixing pallet. there was no design asthetic, no color theory, no nothing. it looked like a fruit stripes zebra threw up on a scrap piece of wood. do you have absolutely no integrity, or do you honestly think that everything you touch is fucking fantastic? two words bro: 'quality control'

and while i'm here, lets delve into your pathetic little racket on ebay. listing 15 paintings a week that never sell makes you look like the worlds biggest tool. i'd like to extend a sincere 'fuck off' from every single person who's ever had to wade through half a page of your 'ill paint your name for $19.95 hustles just to get to check out a can of paint. i would almost come out the $20 just so i could leave appropriate feedback. seriously, i dont know why no one is putting you in check, but someone needs to. do you have any formal art training? do you have any formal home training? do you have friends? how the fuck are you getting away with this shit? i can handle bad art no problem, but you're like a bad art factory that's working over time on the back of child labor. get a fucking clue homeboy.

im not professing to be some great art scholar, but even a deaf cat in a freezer could hear the flies buzzing around your canvases.

Originally posted by RYKE1+Jan 4 2005, 04:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RYKE1 - Jan 4 2005, 04:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by DeadPonies@Jan 3 2005, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by RYKE1@Dec 31 2004, 08:29 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Dosk .Ts.@Dec 31 2004, 01:07 PM

I practice constantly, so I have my letters pretty down pat. If I ever do screw up an outline I repaint the canvas and start again. I hate going over pencil, I rather just do the outline with paint marker In one shot........

[/b]

You got skills ma man.