Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Holy crap... uh... let's see...

1> "those ones in your gallery show, are those framed canvases? what do you use to frame them? do it yourself or get it done?"

They are paintings on wood that I framed with wood. I made the frames myself... it's wayyyyyy cheaper if you do it yourself, trust me. No glass. I don't like that glass keeps you from 'feeling' the painting. Personal opinion.

2> "Hey man i was wondering about those burton boards, do they sell those?...

did you do those? looks like something of your callibur."

Those boards were a collaboration with Struggle Inc. almost two years ago. The pay was measly and I only got one board out of it but the experience and the actual finished product made all the crud well worth it.

3> "Are you gonna do another book with giant or any more books for that matter??... please please drop info on JK.... it's listed as one of your projects on Skullzpress, and I must have that book. Please tell me it exists and that I can get it!"

I'm not sure what 'JK' is... is that something I said I was working on? Hmmmmm... I guess I should get started. There is another book of drawings that Giant and I did with Dalek. Though the format is different. Still the same SkullzPress book but instead of sharing a page we all did single pages. It should drop withint the next month or so, I believe. And yes... I am in the works of doing a book of all my own work. A history type of thing with old and new stuff. Walls, canvases, drawings... everything. Don't hold your breath for a release date though. This is going to take some time, I can already tell.

Guest beardo

maybe JK stands for Joker/Kema.. which seems to have fallen by the wayside.. ;)

anyone interested in the 2 drawings i posted can shoot me an email, there's also 6 or 7 more to that series.. holler

When you said "pricy", I imagined something far more expensive... Y'know, since you mentioned the president of NIKE. Nice shit though... This whole thread is nice.

Uhh... if anyone else post(s) some more of their canvas work, can you tell us how much you are selling it for? <-- put the price in with your post.

I'm not rich or anything, so please don't think that. $60 a week for bagging groceries. :lick:

HA!

joker the piece next to the board in the gallery is damn chill....i just got an airbrush and a compressor(for free) and im in the process of bangin out a few canvases and will post as soon as possible. on a side note is anyone knowledgable about airbrush like what paints and whatnot. thanks peace

well theres two types of airbrush. One where you adjust the thin/thickness of it and all you have to do is spray. they other Depending on how much you pull back on it controls the thin thickness, while your holding it down.

I don't know tw much about paints though.

Originally posted by beardo

maybe JK stands for Joker/Kema.. which seems to have fallen by the wayside.. ;)

I'm never going to get over that book. That book was one of the few things I've put my energy into that I felt really good about. And all those outlines were new, nothing reused. Plus the color combinations were amazing. It's absolutely sad that someone would steal something like that... and be able to do nothing with it.

I bought a new book to start it up again but I think I'm jaded about the first one. Maybe I just need to do five pieces in it and it'll get me juiced. Though we'll have to come up with a new color scheme.

( For those of you reading... Kema and I were almost done with a full color sketch book of all pieces by just me and him. I think we both had to do 15 pieces each and it was damn close to being finished. I mailed it to him so he could do his last couple of pages and it never arrived. And like an ass I didn't register or insure it... now it's missing in action forever. The plan was to print it through Skullzpress as their first color book. So sad... )

none of this is spectacular or anything, but i enjoy myself, so what does it matter.

A handfull of quick little canvas boards done with paintmarkers that i sent out in some trades.

http://thumbs.deviantart.com/300W-AFB7AF/large/indyart/indymisc/Bleeding_Eye_one_2.jpg'>

http://thumbs.deviantart.com/300W-AFB7AF/large/indyart/indymisc/Bleeding_Eye_3.jpg'>

http://thumbs.deviantart.com/300W-AFB7AF/large/indyart/indymisc/Burning_Eye_2.jpg'>

damnit, i just noticed i forgot to put the red in the corner of the eyes on the second and third.

http://thumbs.deviantart.com/300W-AFB7AF/large/indyart/indymisc/Vampire_Mouth_2.jpg'>

None of those are available per say, but i'd be willing to do more and trade or sell them for quite cheap.

http://images.deviantart.com/i/6/c/f/Oil_paint_eye_on_cardboard.jpg'>

Oil paints on cardboard. Shitty quality picture, sorry. This one was done 6+ months ago, then later given to my dad for fathers day, so its not available.

Two new available ones done today coming up in a second.

Originally posted by Joker

For those of you reading... Kema and I were almost done with a full color sketch book of all pieces by just me and him. I think we both had to do 15 pieces each and it was damn close to being finished. I mailed it to him so he could do his last couple of pages and it never arrived. And like an ass I didn't register or insure it... now it's missing in action forever. The plan was to print it through Skullzpress as their first color book. So sad...

damn...fuck that man.

i probably would have actually cried if i put that much work into something just to never see it again.

that book would have been bad ass too...though if i were to get a copy, i am sure i would get a mixture of drool, urine, and feces on it because i wouldnt be able to control my bodily functions

Two paintings done today, Spray paint on wood, latex paint for white background on the second. They're about 34 1/2" by 9 1/2". Both of these are available for trades or purchases. I don't know how much i'd sell them for, so if you're interested, tell me and we could work something out. Once again, picture quality kind of sucks, if anyone wants to see a better picture, tell me and i'll take a better one tomorrow.

http://images.deviantart.com/i/1/1/c/Aerosol_Lines_on_wood.jpg'> http://images.deviantart.com/i/d/1/8/Bloody_hands_on_wood.jpg'>

Originally posted by MrChupacabra

Two paintings done today, Spray paint on wood, latex paint for white background on the second. They're about 34 1/2" by 9 1/2". Both of these are available for trades or purchases. I don't know how much i'd sell them for, so if you're interested, tell me and we could work something out. Once again, picture quality kind of sucks, if anyone wants to see a better picture, tell me and i'll take a better one tomorrow.

http://images.deviantart.com/i/1/1/c/Aerosol_Lines_on_wood.jpg'> http://images.deviantart.com/i/d/1/8/Bloody_hands_on_wood.jpg'>

ill give you... ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLLLLLLLLLLLLARS!!!!!!

*scream it in evil foriegn language voice*

:lol:

Originally posted by swiss cheese

I wouldn't try and sell those for more than $10. actually, just give em away to a friend or something.

did you want honesty, or for me to lie?

like i said previously, nothing i do is too good, but i enjoy making the art i do, which is all i really care about. If someone enjoys it then thats just a plus.

mr chubakkkkka...

your shit wasnt to bad really, i just thought it was kind of funny you were trying to sell them. well not even that really, but it came off to me that you found out you might be able to make some money with your canvases, and ran to your room, kicked those things out in 20 mins, flicked them and then posted...

i found it humorous. :lol:

keep it comnig though man...

yeah, i have no problem with people criticising my work, but i mean, if you're going to at least offer some constructive criticism. I'm really not into art for the money, yeah, i'd enjoy making a few bucks here or there, or trading some of my stuff or whatever, but thats not priority. Also, yes, those both were kicked out pretty quickly, so like you guys said, they didn't look too great. The whole selling them thing was why i said i don't want to put set prices on anything, i'd much rather trade or even give them away to someone.

I need to do more shit, but all my paintings lately have been pissing me off to no end and my lack of improvement as of late is ridiculous. Trial and error, trial and error...

Lets see some more work everybody