Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Joker: not feeling the newer, blockier style. It would make dope wallpaper, but I feel that it doesn't stand up on it's own. It's not alive in the same way as your other stuff. Just my two cents.

On another note, three of ten made me shit myself. Again. Please stop having that effect on me.

Originally posted by Spike

On another note, three of ten made me shit myself. Again. Please stop having that effect on me.

I second this motion. The people I share an office with don't appreciate that sort of thing... It's a conservative environment...

;)

Originally posted by Coffie Crave

I feel most of jokers stuff but, im not going to lie to me this stuff is pure crap...i mean anyone can pull off one of thos, come on

You'd be surprised. The amount of spacial awareness and control of composition needed is ridiculous to make one of those. And we'll also probably discover that Joker once again did them all freehand while standing on his head. Dude has a plotter integrated into his arm.

Hey, why don't you try and post your efforts up?

im into what joker is putting on canvas, but its the all or nothing scenario. when you take the time to stretch your own canvas you take the artistic application of composition, color, and subject alot more seriously. if your gona bust out minimalist work you have to be committed with experience on your side. much respect, but

im a firm believer in horror vaccui. being minimalist is definetly a challenge in knowing when to say quits.

even though it looks like the work is illustration board, it takes a trained eye when to know what makes the cut. not all works posess the composition that demends framing. that work is worthy, coro's insane oil paintings and conceptual art as well. while your oils may raise high figures, i wish to bid on some of your computer generated prints.

Thanks for the comments everyone, including Coffie Crave. I take the good with the bad a sort it all out later.

As for prices, they were selling for $150 at a recent show. I just sold one a few days ago and now the rest are on their way to Osaka for a group show. Whatever doesn't sell will more than likelybe up for grabs on my new web site slated to drop... well, in my lifetime I hope.

Ultraflat... I agree. Minimalism is tricky. Knowing when to stop and knowing the right aesthetic feeling to portray is harder than hell. I miss just about every time. It's the once in a while pieces that work out just right that fuel me to keep going. Hopefully I have more under belt waiting to come out. Thanks for the great feeback!

Originally posted by Spike

And we'll also probably discover that Joker once again did them all freehand...

Uh, of course. The word 'ruler' is not allowed in this house. Not even to describe my status over the remote...

You can blame all this on Giant for making me into a straight line junkie.

Originally posted by beardo

kill yourself j

anyone wanna sponsor some framing?

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/hello%20dawgg/stretch.jpg'>

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/hello%20dawgg/stooges.jpg'>

WHEN YOU SAY SPONSOR ... HOW DO YOU MEAN ??

I WOULD LOVE TO SPONSOR ONE OF THOSE BY FRAMING IT AND PUT IT UP IN MY HOUSE. HOWEVER IM SURE THATS NOT WHAT YOU HAD INTENT OF DOING.