Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I would appreciate most of your canvas's more if you actually took the time to put the gesso on and sand it yourself Viper. You just purchase the canvas and paint on it as is? The pre-gesso job on most canvas's are shitty, you can still see canvas stippling in your work kind of gets me flaccid if you know what I mean..But that's just me I am just a old man that knows nothing about nothing.

I wouldn't suggest mixing gesso with your paint to make it thicker, gesso is more viscous and chalky than the body of most decent acrylics. If you want texture they sell things for that. As for blending colors, I don't know where to start with that one, as it makes absolutely no sense to me. I would stick to using gesso for priming surfaces.

THere are many acrylic mediums like molding paste, for building up a textured surface. Or various gel mediums and glazing mediums, etc. for impasto techniques or more viscous applications. Even mediums for extending the acrylics open time, facilitating wet-on-wet techniques and blending directly on the canvas like oil painting and shit. gesso is best for priming your shit. Black gesso is dope for priming and/or making dope ink for your artistic endeavors. But we won't go into that.

What? A kind crit from blunt,whoa!

I have'nt taken painting classes,

and I've just started painting canvas recently.Learning as I go.

So obviously I'm no pro but,

I must say I agree with him 100%

They're so clean,"crispy and stencily"........

And then... the drips!

I don't agree with"otherwise,it is nice"

I think they're sweet! Without the drips they would be Hot as Hell!!

That pressure washer against the spray can scheme is dope!

Those are dope too!

That ol skool Adidas piece is FIRE! Damn!! Shell-toes all day!!

VVVVVVVVV