Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

MR.RE,

Here's a real critique. It looks like you did something weird just to do something weird. There's nothing wrong with that but your piece has no real composition. I would say, if you're going to do something like a tree with that cartouche style stuff off to the right, contain it all to one corner of the surface.

Paint the tree in a more realistic style, maybe coming out of an oval french baroque style frame. Then leave the rest of the space alone.

Med,

Why jump on the guy right off the bat about his style? Your comment about the drips is walking the line, since your duck piece on the previous page has orange drips running down behind the duck.

I know this is a graffiti thread but throw out some constructive criticism. You never know, it might help the guy.

Well well well. You certainly proved that you're hardcore scooter. I can tell by your super intimidating comment that you are definitely somebody I should not mess with and I am truly regretting saying anything to you.

corny.

• Like 2

You certainly proved that you're hardcore scooter. I can tell by your super intimidating comment that you are definitely somebody I should not mess with

Win. That was funny. He also kinda got him on the drip comment as well...(But I did like the ducky.)

Yeah, that painting is pretty weak up at the top. Especially considering it's like 3 feet wide.!

Some crits: Try using a canvas. Not a paperbag or whatever cheap thing you are painting on....

It looks like you are using cheap paints too.

Actually there are a lot of problems with that. I find it hard to belive you could sell that stuff. Just practice more.

Dug this up. I do not think I ever posted it here.

4 Seasons from 2002.

ckspadeseasons.jpg

Chris Spade KOS

I'm really feelin this one, Really diggin the amound of detail and creativity. The icey mountain terrain part is my favorite, kudos.

All forum fu aside, the duck in med's piece isn't bad. What I think would really make it work is taking a big surface and painting that duck say 200 times, with a few different color versions.

spadeo, I like the season study.

I checked your blog and Im digging the concept for that steampunk Tin Man.

that stupid duck had alot of detail you cant see in the photo (waaa)

but i was doing 2-3 pieces a day for a specific venue to sell my shit. hate on the background all you want i still dont hold cans to canvas to outline a paint drip, take a bucket of housepaint or any runny colored shit and just fling the brush in organized mayhem and you get some dope lines and connections of thick to thin you can use as a background, normally i give it alot more layers and direction but you try doing 3 pieces a day for 4 days and see how much you give a fuck by the 4th day.

some girl bought it so i no longer need to dwell upon any ducks.

back to skulls, robot tentacles, and samurai pandas.

HAVE FUN CREATING. and just because you doodled on construction paper

for the 2nd time and your family says your talented doesnt mean you can smear pics of your chaos all over the internet and expect assholes like me to not have a laugh at your expense.

Thx.

Yeah, I might have to dig up that Tinman and finish him. I always kinda liked him as well.

I finished the WW2 Pinup Painting but is going up for auction at the Mike Herron Benefit on Saturday.

I will post it once that event goes off.

BTW, any of you in the MD, DC VA area should make it out to the Benefit ths Saturday March 6th in Baltimore!

Tons of big artists from coast to coast.

LINK