Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
You have to be fucking shitting me.

If you don't get it, then don't do it.

...I dont know whats to get. So I can safely assume that I dont get it. I just took some classic stuff that I thought looked cool and drew it simply...

Its basically the same thing in 4th grade drawing dinosaurs holding skulls and eyes on fire and stuff. it looked cool.

But yeah i really feel like im missing the point.

...I dont know whats to get. So I can safely assume that I dont get it. I just took some classic stuff that I thought looked cool and drew it simply...

Its basically the same thing in 4th grade drawing dinosaurs holding skulls and eyes on fire and stuff. it looked cool.

I could be completely wrong but I think what KOH was trying to get across to you is that;

1) If you don't get that style of water color painting (The ones that tatoo artists general do of chicks who look like they came from 1950's, spitshading, etc.) then don't attempt it. That canvas that you did kinda reminds me of something he does with the whole creepy eye, the overwhelming use of the color black, and uh... "goth shits" but I don't think he was getting to that at all.

2) The awkard use of space in that canvas. The cockroaches and the eye are cut off but I'm guessing it was because of the frame.

3) I bet you $5 that canvas would look cooler if it was just the black hat.

4) Did you even use watercolor? Maybe it's charcoal, I can't tell.

5) I can see your reflection.

2) The awkard use of space in that canvas. The cockroaches and the eye are cut off but I'm guessing it was because of the frame.

3) I bet you $5 that canvas would look cooler if it was just the black hat.

4) Did you even use watercolor? Maybe it's charcoal, I can't tell.

5) I can see your reflection.

Yeah its all just water color and ink. the first thing i drew was the skull, then the hat, and i kindof wish i just lef tit like that but i was trying to do the whole four corners composition thing. meh.

It wasn't even that simple. You obviously went right into the traditional tattoo watercolor style. Weird images mashed together, and random dots, and eyeballs included.

The problem is you want to do better than you can. It's your inability to draw that pisses me off. Just draw real shit before you go appropriating stuff that some of us work hard at perfecting because thats how we pay rent.

You should draw a real skull, use real photos of eyes, and bugs ads diamonds. Learn to draw well, THEN try to have a style.

Actually, 99 percent of you idiots in this thread could do well to take that advice. FOUNDATION. Draw real shit.

"oh thats boring...Im all concepts..." Blah blah. Your concepts suck my ass and your inability to draw lets the "concepts" fall flat.

The funniest part about that whole flick is the huge doobie in your hand.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Ha HA HA

i actually dont know what that is. I was just holding my cellphone... I thikn thats just a b it of paper i ripped off. I dont know, but yeah i dont know whats up with that.

It wasn't even that simple. You obviously went right into the traditional tattoo watercolor style. Weird images mashed together, and random dots, and eyeballs included.

The problem is you want to do better than you can. It's your inability to draw that pisses me off. Just draw real shit before you go appropriating stuff that some of us work hard at perfecting because thats how we pay rent.

You should draw a real skull, use real photos of eyes, and bugs ads diamonds. Learn to draw well, THEN try to have a style.

Actually, 99 percent of you idiots in this thread could do well to take that advice. FOUNDATION. Draw real shit.

"oh thats boring...Im all concepts..." Blah blah. Your concepts suck my ass and your inability to draw lets the "concepts" fall flat.

Ok, now that I have finished laughing about the supposed "doobie" in my hand I can carry on, not 100 percent sure what that is...

Anyway, I understand what your saying. I should be back in the near future with some better work. Practice makes perfect. At least I get usefull critiques out of this place. Id rather have my work honestly ripped to shreds than halfheartedly praised.

in any case hopefully my next project will be more succesfull.

Ok, now that I have finished laughing about the supposed "doobie" in my hand I can carry on, not 100 percent sure what that is...

Anyway, I understand what your saying. I should be back in the near future with some better work. Practice makes perfect. At least I get usefull critiques out of this place. Id rather have my work honestly ripped to shreds than halfheartedly praised.

in any case hopefully my next project will be more succesfull.

I think that I am trying to convey that your next "project" should be some basic drawing. Like draw some fruit in a bowl, go buy a big ass sketchbook and fill that fuckier with still likfes of everything you see.

Just gesture drawings with some shading, Then buy another sketchbook, and do the same exact thing, but this tiome, refine it a bit more. Dont stiop till youve filled the book. Draw for three hours a day. Bust your ass, and then....when you can grasp shading, balance, composition, symetry, line quality....then maybe you should try a concept. One.

Re do that same one twenty times until you get it right.