Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

momentum,

stone?! ha. and you're worried about how involved metal is? welding is cake. any douchebag can learn it in 15 minutes. if you wanted to get real hardcore and start mixing metals and shit, there are a few things to learn, but just for your basic steel sculpture shit and mig or tig welding, it's nothing. your local community college probably has a class you can take.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My personal opinion... like you care:

The Yahoo splatter piece... though it's in sepia tone as far as the photo goes I get the idea with the colors you mentioned. However, I think you take away from the overall by breaking the piece into two seperate canvases. The outline is distracting as well as the handstyles at the bottom.

However, I do like the movement in the splatter technique you used. Minus all the other bells and whistles around the piece... I could see one very well placed green splat somewhere on there. That would warm my heart. But I'm a freak who likes things simple and predictable.

Thanks for reading.

See you in a few weeks...

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by zealot@Apr 5 2005, 01:03 PM

Picture050.jpg

its really not cool that your writing zealous.

I write ZEALOT. not you. you should change the username too while your at it because people keep asking me about your shit. ive had it longer, and im better than you. drop the name.

its really not cool that your writing zealous.

I write ZEALOT. not you. you should change the username too while your at it because people keep asking me about your shit. ive had it longer, and im better than you. drop the name.

zelot.jpg

well now there is some guy up in vancouver writin the same name too. So you got him to deal with now, but im gonna start writin some thin else once i find a new name. peace.

well as long as you dont mess with granite theres no need for pneumatic hammers and diamond cutters and all that other stuff i can get away with a good set of hand tools with all the other types of stone it'll just take forever to finish a piece but i'm gonna start off small anyway

seeking i see where your coming from, i will work on it, but one thing to consider is that its very hard to come up with original stuff these days, drips, splats and spooge is all played out, not a whole lot left to do............i do char. on cd's and thats about all the originality i got, plus coardboard is pretty much just practice.............cuz im a cheap ass...

but thanks for the compliments............dearly noted

Originally posted by The-WiseOne@Apr 5 2005, 11:05 PM

-but one thing to consider is that its very hard to come up with original stuff these days, drips, splats and spooge is all played out, not a whole lot left to do.

-i do char. on cd's and thats about all the originality i got,

Come on man, if this sums up your outlook, theres not a whole hell of a lot some advice from Seeking is gonna do.

And if characters on CD's is the limit of your imagination...

this has nothing to do with graffiti, and its not technically a canvas...

i'm trying my hand at a woodblock print of my girlfriend. Based off this sketch...

msketch.jpg

here's the print so far:

mprintb.jpg

still working on it for sure... it's a pretty interesting way to make art.

i spent about like 3 hours on shading your upper lip.

you totally should have given her a boob job in the print, so when she looks at it and is like 'hey, thats not what my tits look like, you can say 'no, but wouldn't it be sweet if they did?'.

i like the subtle hands, it makes a cool ghost like effect, but anime? ugh. anime (unless it's hot girls with disperportionately huge titties) is even more played out than drips.

:(

i'm gonna quit my job and go take a nap. i can't handle the internet today.

painting graffiti on canvas is gettin played out y do somtin on a piece of canvas u could do on a wall, most kid who ""ONLY"" rock graff letters on canvas can only do graff, and have no other artistic ability wat so ever.... i mean doin some ltters on canva sis coo somtimes, but if thats all ur doing then thats pretty weak.. and u people no who u are, so comment back wit the bullshyt..