Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The 40 remind me of an artist from he was an alcoholic and then he got a liver disease and had to try and quit. So he started to paint them he said, all these bottles a i drank they gotta be good for something. So he painted them he died a few years ago due to his liver damage and whatnot. Painted bottles are fresh.

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by madcapa@Feb 18 2005, 08:21 AM

personally - i prefer proportions to be fucked up - the more fucked up the better....art school teaches you how to 'copy' 'life' and give a certain generic proportion to anything associated to human forms (with a little le-way of course)...most anyone can learn this given the time..and therefore it becomes redundant and boring....if proportions are fucked up in style, with style..whatever...i reckon that's good shit......just my opinion - it's def ok if you disagree...no t-bones here

to an extent i agree. but i am firm in my belief that to "fuck up" the perportion you need to learn the perportion. the foundations are too easily dismissed. people talk about how copying life is redundant, and mostly i fint this to be in defense of lazyness. people tend not to want to learn the basics because it doesnt hold much interest and they tend not to be able to show off color studies and still-lifes to people. im not accusing you of this im just generalizing. i too, like to stylize perportion and fucking things up, just be sure to have the basics down.

yea that's all cool mate. i agree with you about the basics..

i'm 27 years old - i've paid my some of my dues...i studied for a few years and i'm the head designer at a record distribution company and in my spare time i just do what i enjoy - making art that makes me happy

Nasty Aardshark LeBlanc: Nice stuff. Nice colors.

Madcapa: Know the rules before you break them. I don't think those hands were done that way on purpose. I think it was from a lack of knowledge. I have to agree with KING OF HELL.

Originally posted by MOSER@Feb 20 2005, 09:22 PM

besktowel6zw.jpg

so ok, you wash the dishes... (i can tell because you're still wearing the gloves) then you grab your nighty blankee thumb tack it to your moms fence (you'll get "yelled" at for othe overspray which will outline a big square) and then you do a throwie with 3d and peach bubbles around it, have your lil' sister flick you doing the act.... go to your pc look for a ''FUNNY BUSH FACE'' spend about 45 minutes deciding which one is funniest photoshop it to your neck to hide your face (SO YOUR MOM DOESN'T HAVE PROOF THAT IT WAS YOU THAT VANDALIZED THE FENCE) THEN YOU Spend another 45 minutes deciding wether or not you should post it on the canvas thread or in the TRUE KINGS thread on BRICKSLAYERS...HMMMMMMMMMMM...... WELL here we are CANVAS THREAD IT WAS!!

AW - when i was talking about proportions, i wasn't referring to the sketch of the hands. like i already said - i know about learning the basics, i've done that, and i agree that aspiring artists have to get the fundamentals down before they try to experiment.

anyways...a few i'm working on..got a thing for clouds this month

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

so ok, you wash the dishes... (i can tell because you're still wearing the gloves) then you grab your nighty blankee thumb tack it to your moms fence (you'll get "yelled" at for othe overspray which will outline a big square) and then you do a throwie with 3d and peach bubbles around it, have your lil' sister flick you doing the act.... go to your pc look for a ''FUNNY BUSH FACE'' spend about 45 minutes deciding which one is funniest photoshop it to your neck to hide your face (SO YOUR MOM DOESN'T HAVE PROOF THAT IT WAS YOU THAT VANDALIZED THE FENCE) THEN YOU Spend another 45 minutes deciding wether or not you should post it on the canvas thread or in the TRUE KINGS thread on BRICKSLAYERS...HMMMMMMMMMMM...... WELL here we are CANVAS THREAD IT WAS!!

heh, no that's actually my own back yard. my boy took the flicks. i wore the glove like any smart person would, unlike you who (i'm assuming by your negative reaction) thinks its 'cool' to have paint on your hands and wait for it to disappear. i put the bush face over my face because i don't like having my face on the internet. it took me about a minute to transfer the picture from my camera and put the face over my own and post it to this forum. are you really as stupid as you sound? now, why don't you post your face on this forum ya little twat. ;)

Guest thedillz

Feets...There really aren't any secrets. If there was, it'd save me a bunch of time..lol. The face is done on wood with ultrathin sharpie. If i had a better shot of it, it's pretty much pointillism (that's the best name i can think of for it). All dots. I just look at a flick I take and start drawing.

I hope you like.

Originally posted by ScrewsTone@Feb 22 2005, 05:40 AM

talk about e- fame.. that nigga heczadoodle1ner keeps his "best" work on the bottom of each post

yo nigga post more so more people can catch on to your lil shit.. what a clown

SE ACABO!

YOU'RE RIGHT I SHOULD REMOVE THEM PIECES FROM UNDER THERE..

SEEKING: I LOVE THE WAY YOU LOVE TO HATE ME!! :love2:

DID SOMEONE SAY E-FAME??

ans.jpg

you DO understand how long an autorack is right?

Like you know how many markers that would take to draw something that big right?

And how many sheets of paper required to cover that area.

(I'm talking in paper and markers so its more familiar to you, since I doubt you've ever seen an autorack.)

I'm also taking a guess that you've graduated highschool, or atleast made it past 9th grade to understand what irony is, right?

Originally posted by Glik0@Feb 23 2005, 06:27 AM

you DO understand how long an autorack is right?

Like you know how many markers that would take to draw something that big right?

And how many sheets of paper required to cover that area.

(I'm talking in paper and markers so its more familiar to you, since I doubt you've ever seen an autorack.)

I'm also taking a guess that you've graduated highschool, or atleast made it past 9th grade to understand what irony is, right?

nah man, you got me all wrong on that one parter!!

he wrote e-fame up there (sarcastically ofcourse) and so did the guy before him. I do know what an Autorack is and I do understand how big that shit is and how many cans of paint it took.... I like it. I've always liked his shit I was not insulting it one bit!! My bad if thats the way I came accross...

apologies all the way around!