Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harpo Marx

Canvas Thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

lumber,

you need to lose that signature/handstyle with a quickness.

i've never been too into work like that as a whole, but the signature makes it look super amature. it makes the 'lose' feel of the paintings appear to be out of lack of technical skill, not intention.

raysin,

i just really dont care too much about pieces in general, and the ones i do like i still normally wouldnt like to see it on my wall everyday. when i see a 'dope' canvas with letters on it (and there have been a few posted) i view them as sketches, not really 'art'.

graff without risk is pretty much souless to me.

but of course thats just me.

426.jpg

456.jpg

387.jpg

its far from done,... i just wanted to post some progression pics, i did this in 2 days,... with a sealer on top of a sanded base,then a primer and some acrylic,.. when its done in a few days i'll clear it,and seal it so the snow won't fuck it up.

:king:

i can relate to the points seeking made . its real tough to give the letters the same energy and impact they would have on a wall or fr8 , etc.... it can be pulled of but not many can do it good.

im glad you guys dig the stuff i painted, in all honesty if i knew how to paint other styles of "art", i would. but im a writer so im doing what i know for now and hopefully the work matures as i get better with the mediums.

also thanks raysin, im trying my damndest

lumber, i assume those are on a snowboard, what kind of paint did you use? some kid wants me to do his snowboard, and i was wondering what would work welll...

ahhh fuck. just the other day i found a big garbage bag FULL of records, there had to be at least 5 bags full. had to be about 500 records. now i realize i could have used them. from now on im just keeping everything i come across, just incase. then im going to become a severe packrat.. FUCK!!

i just used water based acrylic because of its fast drying time.

don't spray a clear coat on it,..it will eat the paint like paint thinner.

homedepot sells this crystal clear grout sealer,... i use that beacuse if the acrylics get wet ,...well you know what would happen.

i also used a primer/sealer before i applyed the paints...on a sanded surface

I think i just sold my canvas to someone at my school ... siad he wants to buy it for 75 bucks i was like SOLD ... the black green and orange one ...

nomak's canvases

At the pictures and frames part of garden ridge waiting to get framed .... there all 43' by 37' canvases well cardboard... lol but its all the same .. i started useing cardboard .. recognize

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs3.jpg

nice portraits. you get props for those.

edit: what's with the reflections on tupac? i don't like 'em, otherwise, it's a great portrait.