Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Joker

There's some nice stuff posted lately...

I have a question for the masses... digital prints, how do you feel about them? Say I was to do a one time only digital print and instead of siging it at the bottom I did a small screen print of my tag instead, kind of making the piece special. Then number it one of one. Frame it and sell it. Is that cheesy? I know screen prints are preferred but I'm curious how people feel about digital prints that are numbered low. Something I would never have printed for the purpose of selling ever again.

Thoughts....

Dont like prints. Jsut doesn't feel right.

+

metal belts jsut plain rock... rockon

Joker

That's a neat idea, but I think the fact that it is possible for it to just be printed off again with the push of a button makes it not as special. If you did something by hand, and only sold a 1/1 run of it, that would be amazing. You could never re-create that 100% perfectly again. But with a digital print, it is very easy to just run off another 100 or so.

I have that one print you did for compound or whatever, and I love the pencil tag much more than I would a screen printed tag. Again, it was done by hand, and can never be replicated 100% perfectly.

I have a question for the masses... digital prints, how do you feel about them? Say I was to do a one time only digital print and instead of siging it at the bottom I did a small screen print of my tag instead, kind of making the piece special. Then number it one of one. Frame it and sell it. Is that cheesy? I know screen prints are preferred but I'm curious how people feel about digital prints that are numbered low. Something I would never have printed for the purpose of selling ever again.

Thoughts....

you should just fucking try it.... frame it nicely

get photo digi prints... digi shots that go through the actual photo printing process

if it fails atleast you know it did... instead of wondering on the magic "if"

JOKER

Digital Prints are great. They're relatively inexpensive, and you can even do it all yourself.

I'm not sure how much you know, but this should help anyone with little knowledge of digital prints. simple history of digital prints for art

First , how were you going to get them printed? Off a desktop printer (epson etc), or a proffessional printer (Giclee, IRIS, Die Sublimation)?

Second, what will they be printed on (canvas, watercolor paper etc.)?

The only obvious problem with any type of ink-jet output is that the inks don't last as long as other mediums, but I think that the output style and what it's printed on kind of makes it's value worth more or less in the art market. Adding another layer of info (silkscreen) sounds like a cool idea. hand tags, pencil signature, cutouts, can all add to a print.

A while back, I made these prints

http://www.aerosolwarfare.com/L2/graffology/framed.jpg'>

off my EPSON printer. I printed them on watercolor paper, and bought an IKEA frame to display them in.

anyway, hope this helps.

Thoughts....

Digital prints are fine as long as they're archival and yes SIGNED and numbered

Your hand is the only thing that would make it authentic. anyone can scan and reproduce it otherwise.

I'm interested in how much are you selling them for?

AW... perfect info. Thank you very much.

I printed two so far off a printer at work. It's a large format ink jet printer... Epson 9600 I think. 44" wide printer. I used some crazy ink that's suppose to last 100 years or something like that. Chromium inks or something... ah, I can't remember. Anyway, I liked the result. I printed them on doubleweight matte paper. Kinda like a silkscreen poster paper. So they look just like a screened print. Unfortunately, I printed them out at rediculously huge sizes so finding a frame at IKEA isn't going to happen.

Thanks to all who answered, by the way. I have a big ass show coming up in January and there's no way I can fill the space unless I do about six digital prints framed. So this bit of info helps.

PAID<LSA>216... I think I'll sell them for around $150 to $200, depending on the cost of framing. If I can get a decent cost on framing it'll keep the price low. So I'll see.