Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

I'll say this... It might not be as dope as if on a wall, Weak? Yea maybe if you havent mastered how to use a paint marker, Spitting scrap paint? Thats all some of us need!

Look up Katch / Crayola / Wobots - I think they prove other wise!

Hmmm... If i could sell a canvas with graf on it, use a paint pen, or about 50 worth of scrap paint and sell it for over a $1,000, I'd do it too.

But hey I guess thats just what us toys would do huh?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't know about anybody else, but I think graff on canvas shit all looks the same. I work on canvas alot, and I've worked so hard to try and incorporate all the art elements and common principles I've learned over the years. Every graff peice I see done on canvas (there are exceptions) they all completely ignore the basics, and frankly, look like shit. It's always the same splatty and drippy spraypaint backround with a graff peice painted on the corner (which creates a HUGE negative space on the canvas, no good). There are a handfull of people who actually stand out because they're doing something original, but unfortunately the majority favors the other method. :rolleyes:

let's all say it together:

"graffiti on canvas is not dope as graffiti, nor as art"

"paint markers are a crutch for the weak"

"spitting your scrap cans on canvas does not make you Jackson Pollock"

I'm a hater.

i heart jackson pollock