Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

Ehh... What are you basing the bite on? I'm guessing the "X" for the eyes. Bad call. Plus, that shit posted above sucks. Kaws uses simplelooking skulls or whatever. That thing above looks like a 7 yr. old drawing of a dinosaur. Way too much time and (possiby) effort going into the background instead of the actual character. Oh well, do you.

And if it matters, the background looks a lot "neater" than the character.

Neat, as in, cool,

-J.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Yellow Feets@Feb 25 2006, 10:36 PM

Ehh... What are you basing the bite on? I'm guessing the "X" for the eyes. Bad call. Plus, that shit posted above sucks. Kaws uses simplelooking skulls or whatever. That thing above looks like a 7 yr. old drawing of a dinosaur. Way too much time and (possiby) effort going into the background instead of the actual character. Oh well, do you.

Neat, as in, cool,

-J.

agreed that backround is tight...looks liek its dirt under glass or something...i dunno maybe im seeing shit

Originally posted by The First of Faze@Feb 26 2006, 02:00 PM

anx looks great all shadows and shit except the eyes...maybe try and find a glare mark or light source that can reflect it so the eyes look as alive as the rest of the face...you know?

yea i seen that.. that paintings not finished.. i just wanted to up udate.. so im gonna add the finished product soon!

thanks for the advice!

have a great day to all.. keep them coming i enjoi this thread!

Originally posted by Yellow Feets@Feb 26 2006, 03:36 AM

Neat, as in, cool,

-J.

I'm basing it on the fact that the body is the same thing as a kaws bendy.

kaws_bendy.jpg

Originally posted by dead@Feb 16 2006, 12:37 AM

I'd like to agree with the fact that Illustrator sucks. And not in a good way.

If you are looking for a smooth texture, why are you using acrylic? Yes, it is possible to achieve this effect with acrylics. But, it would be much easier with many other mediums. My advice for such a flat color piece, would be to cut a multiple layer stencil. In my opinion, all that shit just kind of sucks. I could understand if you're just tryina belt out some shit to make a dollar from little girls with big sunglasses and rich parents. Do your thing- get your taco bell, wendy's money. Everybody's got to eat.

But as far as real work goes... no respect (from myself) for producing such listless garbage. Please prove me wrong.

I haven't forgotten about this. I'll post up tomorrow after I get out of work. It's nearly finished.

thanks for the feed back yellow feets, heres some more recent ish ive been working on....all in various stages of development

speaker characters, hard times MADE EASY

6.jpg

robot learns to love

8.jpg

obsession

7.jpg

self explanatory

deluxe2.jpg

lions tigers and bears (unfinished)

snowmonsterfinal.jpg